BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eddie Howe managed Burnley too and I think we would all take him 

Cook’s never even managed them, just played 20 years ago! 

Beyond bizarre for posters to discount potential managers on that basis.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Did he win the Scottish cup with 2 strong old firm.?

To be fair he didn't have to play either of the old firm, which isn't to take anything away from the fact that they were worthy winners. Oddly, the beaten finalists also avoided the old firm.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Maybe, so might Pearson,  or Hughton, or Warnock.....its all irrelevant as we are stuck with the plonker and his mate.

It just gets worse. It'll be all pals together down at Brockhall today. No extra training on Sunday to try and sort out the back four. I think we should change our name to Blackburn Depressing Rovers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It just gets worse. It'll be all pals together down at Brockhall today. No extra training on Sunday to try and sort out the back four. I think we should change our name to Blackburn Depressing Rovers.

Should call it Blackburn pleasure beach

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

wasn't he recommend to our owners by someone

I seem to remember reading an article or two, at the time, that suggested Appleton wanted out of Blackpool; that going there had been a mistake.

However, in light of what you've said, consider Artell and Rowett as in the running.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Fair enough, didn't think we'd have to if he resigned?

I don't think you can just do that or everyone who ever wanted to leave a contract would just resign and then sign with someone else.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8389166/Blackburn-set-to-name-Michael-Appleton-as-new-boss-after-agreeing-compensation-package-with-Blackpool

• Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

Fair enough, didn't think we'd have to if he resigned?

Doubt there would be a big loophole like that to enable clubs to wriggle out of paying compensation. Unless Derek Shaw was involved in drawing up the contract, obviously. 

Good old Derek Shaw got his way with the Appleton appointment and we ended up paying compo.  Although Crappley - like that other toss pot who'd never heard of his agent - claimed self representation.

I think we all know that's bollocks and Shaw was another on the tantric christmas card list.  Nice work by the Preston shyster whilst he was here he upset Blackpool, got his puppet into Rovers and all on the back of costing the club 2.5 million for Bergs 5 mins in charge.

Then he sued the owners on leaving, also hung around like a bad smell until Rhodes had left. Another deal he was thought to be heavily involved in when JR was prised from Huddersfield.

Fair to say i don't send my best regards to that scumbag.  

Edited by tomphil