• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well personally I'm at a clear stage in life. As difficult as Coronvirus has been the 13 month break in football games has simplified things and offered a fresh perspective on football. If it had just

Established Championship club ✅ Recent history of Premier League football ✅ Squad packed with quality, including 2nd highest scorer in the league and a returning Dack ✅ No forced sales

Alex Neil -  Young manager sourced by Norwich from Hamilton - Takes them up via play offs beating their hated rivals along the way.  Can't stay up but then gets sacked when they are 8th in the Champ.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Callum Davidson just won the league cup with St Johnstone, amazing achievement. Get him on the shortlist too.

Well done to Callum, but I bet the Nobbers will be in for him before anyone at Ewood woke up to the fact. 

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eddie Howe managed Burnley too and I think we would all take him 

Cook’s never even managed them, just played 20 years ago! 

Beyond bizarre for posters to discount potential managers on that basis.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why is it depressing? 

Would he even be target if Mowbray leaves? 

Maybe, so might Pearson,  or Hughton, or Warnock.....its all irrelevant as we are stuck with the plonker and his mate.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Did he win the Scottish cup with 2 strong old firm.?

To be fair he didn't have to play either of the old firm, which isn't to take anything away from the fact that they were worthy winners. Oddly, the beaten finalists also avoided the old firm.

Sheff weds appoint Darren Moore. Another manager who has Mowbrays number. Let's not rule Wednesday out of surviving just yet..... They could now make a move up that table which will put us right in the manure 

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Maybe, so might Pearson,  or Hughton, or Warnock.....its all irrelevant as we are stuck with the plonker and his mate.

It just gets worse. It'll be all pals together down at Brockhall today. No extra training on Sunday to try and sort out the back four. I think we should change our name to Blackburn Depressing Rovers.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It just gets worse. It'll be all pals together down at Brockhall today. No extra training on Sunday to try and sort out the back four. I think we should change our name to Blackburn Depressing Rovers.

Should call it Blackburn pleasure beach

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Only to a masochist!

@chaddyroversThe only reason I'd exclude Artell and Rowett from the list of 'possibles' is because they're current employed and Venkys haven't hired anyone working at another club.

Appleton at Blackpool

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

wasn't he recommend to our owners by someone

I seem to remember reading an article or two, at the time, that suggested Appleton wanted out of Blackpool; that going there had been a mistake.

However, in light of what you've said, consider Artell and Rowett as in the running.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Appleton resigned as manager from Blackpool, so we didn't pay any compo.

We definitely did. We agreed a settlement figure with them.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Fair enough, didn't think we'd have to if he resigned?

I don't think you can just do that or everyone who ever wanted to leave a contract would just resign and then sign with someone else.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8389166/Blackburn-set-to-name-Michael-Appleton-as-new-boss-after-agreeing-compensation-package-with-Blackpool

Just now, davulsukur said:

Fair enough, didn't think we'd have to if he resigned?

Doubt there would be a big loophole like that to enable clubs to wriggle out of paying compensation. Unless Derek Shaw was involved in drawing up the contract, obviously.