BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I cannot get my head around the Cowley brothers love in! They haven’t done anything at this level that would benefit us! We need an experienced manager who knows how to get the best out of the talent we have. If they were that good or revelled in football they wouldn’t be unemployed!

The fact they are unemployed means little.

In the last 12 months Warnock, Pearson, McCarthy, Hughes, Howe have also been unemployed and we'd nearly all be happy with any of those now.

They've kept a club up that looked doomed. That might be us soon!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@BigdoggsteelIf Mowbray is here at the end of the season, we'll be in League 1 next season. He has to go and go now. By go, I mean he and his friends have no more to do with Blackburn Rovers.

I said he should go now, but I added what I think will happen. 

Even with Mowbray, we should have enough to stay up. Between points on the board and quality of player though. Awful that this is where we are at all the same. 

He sounds like he even thinks he should be gone. It's classic Venkys 

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd imagine Burnley fans were thinking something similar in 2012 when they appointed Dyche.

He'd had one season as a manager - finishing mid-table with a pretty unremarkable win percentage (34.69%).

They didn't go for experience.

What did they go for? Because I can't see many similarities between the Cowley's and Dyche! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What did they go for? Because I can't see many similarities between the Cowley's and Dyche! 

Warren was suggesting we needed a manager experienced at this level. Dyche had about the same level experience at Championship level as Cowley has now. 

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Warren was suggesting we needed a manager experienced at this level. Dyche had about the same level experience at Championship level as Cowley has now. 

Dyche is a one off, but I agree,not having championship experience isn't a reason to rule someone out 

• Like 1

There are plenty of clubs above us in the table whose managers had no previous Championship experience prior to being appointed.

Unfortunately, neither Venkys nor our so called Chief Executive would have the nouse to make a decent, left field appointment.

A dinosaur from an agency's scrap heap it is.

Are we getting close to the point where we can have a poll on who would be the most popular choice to replace him?

Having a quick scan through this thread, these are the names that have been suggested that haven't recently been snapped up. I've put on the likes of Bruce and Wilder that have been mentioned - but would require them to be sacked first.

Danny Cowley

Mark Hughes

Valerien Ismael

Gareth Ainsworth

Mark Robins

David Wagner

Quique Flores

Tony Pulis

David Artell

Gary Rowett

Gustavo Poyet

Damien Johnson

Callum Davidson

Bernd Storck

Alex Neil

Duncan Ferguson

Roy Keane

Garry Monk

Damien Duff

Paul Clement

Mark Venus

Frank Lampard

Steve Bruce

Chris Wilder

Nigel Adkins

Tim Sherwood

David Dunn

Roberto Di Matteo

Edited by LeftWinger
Name added
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Are we getting close to the point where we can have a poll on who would be the most popular choice to replace him?

Having a quick scan through this thread, these are the names that have been suggested that haven't recently been snapped up. I've put on the likes of Bruce and Wilder that have been mentioned - but would require them to be sacked first.

Danny Cowley

Mark Hughes

Valerien Ismael

Gareth Ainsworth

Mark Robins

David Wagner

Quique Flores

Tony Pulis

David Artell

Gary Rowett

Gustavo Poyet

Damien Johnson

Callum Davidson

Bernd Storck

Alex Neil

Duncan Ferguson

Roy Keane

Garry Monk

Damien Duff

Paul Clement

Mark Venus

Frank Lampard

Steve Bruce

Chris Wilder

POLL! POLL! POLL!

Have an "other" section too though, but peoples have to say who the other would be if they go for that option.

Also, I see loads of mentions of Wilder. I don't think that's realistic in the slightest. He would have far, far better offers. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I said he should go now, but I added what I think will happen. 

Even with Mowbray, we should have enough to stay up. Between points on the board and quality of player though. Awful that this is where we are at all the same. 

He sounds like he even thinks he should be gone. It's classic Venkys 

That's what Hull fans said last year. I don't this is classic Venkys. Lambert walked. That was the honourable thing. K--n sued for constructive dismissal and won. Berg sued and won. Mowbray is taunting Venkys to fire him. It's what needs to happen.

There is Johnson to be caretaker, if an appointment cannot be made immediately.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Danny Cowley

Mark Hughes

Valerien Ismael

Gareth Ainsworth

Mark Robins

David Wagner

Quique Flores

Tony Pulis

David Artell

Gary Rowett

Gustavo Poyet

Damien Johnson

Callum Davidson

Bernd Storck

Alex Neil

Duncan Ferguson

Roy Keane

Garry Monk

Damien Duff

Paul Clement

Mark Venus

Frank Lampard

Steve Bruce

Chris Wilder

Nigel Adkins needs adding

He was linked before Mowbray, and is available. Presumably well connected on Merseyside which will be another Brockhall bonus.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

That's what Hull fans said last year. I don't this is classic Venkys. Lambert walked. That was the honourable thing. K--n sued for constructive dismissal and won. Berg sued and won. Mowbray is taunting Venkys to fire him. It's what needs to happen.

There is Johnson to be caretaker, if an appointment cannot be made immediately.

And guarantees nothing. Not the one I would go for, even as caretaker. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

33 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Danny Cowley

Mark Hughes

Valerien Ismael

Gareth Ainsworth

Mark Robins

David Wagner

Quique Flores

Tony Pulis

David Artell

Gary Rowett

Gustavo Poyet

Damien Johnson

Callum Davidson

Bernd Storck

Alex Neil

Duncan Ferguson

Roy Keane

Garry Monk

Damien Duff

Paul Clement

Mark Venus

Frank Lampard

Steve Bruce

Chris Wilder

Nigel Adkins

What no David Dunn ?

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And guarantees nothing. Not the one I would go for, even as caretaker. 

Johnson knows how to set up a team. That puts him one up on Mowbray. Johnson knows how to get the team to play a system. That puts him two up. He's there, if an appointment cannot be made immediately.

Guarantees? I didn't say it did.

11 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Johnson knows how to set up a team. That puts him one up on Mowbray. Johnson knows how to get the team to play a system. That puts him two up. He's there, if an appointment cannot be made immediately.

Guarantees? I didn't say it did.

Johnson has worked with kids. Kids making their way in the game, easily moulded. Would do anything to make it in the game. Setting up a team and playing a system at that level means very little really when it comes to senior games in Championship football. He could be worse than Mowbray. We need someone at least with senior management experience ,wherever that may be. We simply cannot afford to gamble on an unproven coach right now. They need to have a plan beyond Johnson when they sack Mowbray,or should I say if they sack Mowbray. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The problem is we would probably have better options if we wait until summer. The Barnsley manager if they don't go up for example, along with others off the managerial merry go round. 

Mowbray still needs to go though, so who takes over and tried to get us to safety? 

It's going to be Mowbray ,or someone from left field. I'm still in the Keane til the end of the season camp. I just don't see many options out there at the moment. 

Even if Keane was deemed to be the best man for the job, which would be crazy. Why after a break from the game would he take a contract for 13 games?

Obviously it is all hypothetical as we know that Mowbray isnt going anywhere, but we are not in a position whereby we want someone until the end of the season, as and when we change manager, it should be to appoint someone for the foreseeable future, not as a firefighter. Not that Keane has history of firefighting anyway. The likelihood of us going down is very small in reality, so a manager could use the remaining games to plan on how they will set up going forward.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Danny Cowley

Mark Hughes

Valerien Ismael

Gareth Ainsworth

Mark Robins

David Wagner

Quique Flores

Tony Pulis

David Artell

Gary Rowett

Gustavo Poyet

Damien Johnson

Callum Davidson

Bernd Storck

Alex Neil

Duncan Ferguson

Roy Keane

Garry Monk

Damien Duff

Paul Clement

Mark Venus

Frank Lampard

Steve Bruce

Chris Wilder

Nigel Adkins

Tim Sherwood.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if Keane was deemed to be the best man for the job, which would be crazy. Why after a break from the game would he take a contract for 13 games?

Obviously it is all hypothetical as we know that Mowbray isnt going anywhere, but we are not in a position whereby we want someone until the end of the season, as and when we change manager, it should be to appoint someone for the foreseeable future, not as a firefighter. Not that Keane has history of firefighting anyway. The likelihood of us going down is very small in reality, so a manager could use the remaining games to plan on how they will set up going forward.

Well of course he would be in a with a shout for the job too, depending on how things go until the end of the season. 

You still not got any suggestions? 

6 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I'm excited for a poll on this. This is how far we have fallen 😅

Please can you remove that profile pic, it’s depressing me even further. That team eh, literally none of the whole 25 man squad we have now would even get on the bench of that promotion winning side, none of them.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Johnson had to integrate Senior players into the U23s on their way back from injury. Johnson knows the players at both U23 and senior level. He's in charge of their development or would be had Mowbray not sidelined him. I do not understand why you'd gamble on a coach who is proven to take us down, in Mowbray. Perhaps you'd ship us over some leprechauns. It'll take more than one to turn Mowbray into a winner. I'd back Johnson as a caretaker, if necessary

Mowbray tells us that the U23s play the same system as the senior team. Why is that the U23s can play the system, yet the senior team under that wonder worker Mowbray cannot?

The only reason Hull went down was not getting enough points. We may have a Grosicki and/or Bowen, but you'd never know that from Mowbray's player/formation tombola.

Leprechauns? Are you ok? 

I think you're a bit silly Richard. Go back to when you quoted me first and highlighted one sentence. I have clearly said numerous times I think Mowbray should go. Including in that post. 

Anyway, on Johnson. Integrating players into the under 23s who are coming back from injury,really? That's enough qualifications for you in your criteria? If you don't understand the differences between managing a team of under 23s and a senior team, well I really don't know what to say. We have had this conversation on here before. The vast majority never make the move to senior. We should not give someone that opportunity here, particularly now. We simply cannot afford the gamble. 

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Wovers said:

@Mike E get a poll going on Mowbray out, or a poll on who we want to replace him, least you can do after marrying a dingle.

I torture her buy dressing Baby E in his rovers stuff when she's away even for just a few minutes. Is that not enough?