BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Thanks for sharing Matty. 

With Mowbray admitting that he only speaks to Pasha and not directly to the owners does this mean that they have decide to sack him when they got a replacement line up like Bowyer/Lambert situation. I also wonder if they will to bring in sporting director/head coach. Also if they will replace Waggott shortly if they looking to get rid of Mowbray aswell. I can't see Venkys being happy about this season and after backing Mowbray financially for the past 3 seasons they have decide a change in approach is needed. 

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Its an ideal/tricky job come the summer. Given all the players leaving its either looked at as a clean slate and time to bring fresh blood in OR wee with the willy you've got (favourite Souness quote) and perhaps rely on our youngsters.

I think we need to use players like Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Dolan more next season and be more involved in any new manager plans. 

I would let most of the out of contract players go tbh now. Would keep Rothwell, Nyambe and Rankin-Costello. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

With Mowbray admitting that he only speaks to Pasha and not directly to the owners does this mean that they have decide to sack him when they got a replacement line up like Bowyer/Lambert situation. I also wonder if they will to bring in sporting director/head coach. Also if they will replace Waggott shortly aswell. I can't see Venkys being happy about this season and after backing Mowbray financially for the past 3 seasons they have decide a change in approach is needed. 

I think we need to use players like Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Dolan more next season and be more involved in any new manager plans. 

I would let most of the out of contract players go tbh now. Would keep Rothwell, Nyambe and Rankin-Costello. 

I think if Tony goes, Waggot goes too. Nothing to back that up, just my opinion. Let's hope there's some truth to it. 

• Like 1

Possible Foriegn options

Bruno Lage, former number 2 at Sheffield Wednesday under Carvalhl and managed Benfica until last summer., 

Julien Stephan, former manager at Rennes. 

Could we attract the current Reading head coach Veljko Panuovic? 

Dan Petrescu

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chris Wilder is set to leave Sheffield United this summer. I would deffo have him here. 

He'd be an improvement over what we've got at the moment, that's for sure. My issue is - has he been found out at Sheff Utd and that's his only way of playing ? I'm impressed by the way he's kept them plugging away although they were dead and buried by Xmas and their squad is pretty poor. 

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He'd be an improvement over what we've got at the moment, that's for sure. My issue is - has he been found out at Sheff Utd and that's his only way of playing ? I'm impressed by the way he's kept them plugging away although they were dead and buried by Xmas and their squad is pretty poor. 

Perhaps. They've had appalling luck with injuries to defenders too, and their back three have been so important to their success. I think the next club who get Wilder will have got themselves a good manager, although I wonder if after such a torrid year he might need a bit of a break.

If Mowbray does go, I'm happy enough that we're looking outside Britain for the right option, although I hope there's more thought gone into it than 'Barnsley & Reading are doing well with foreign managers, therefore we'll go foreign too. I know it didn't end particularly well at Huddersfield, but with the squad we have I think we could do plenty worse than David Wagner.

2 hours ago, TruRover said:

Going foreign is the right move. Only British manager who I would be truly excited to see appointed would be Howe, but he will near certainly get a prem job. 

My dream appointment would be Jokanvic. Class manager on and off the field, had Fulham playing some of the best football the championship has ever seen. Has promotion experience with both Watford and Fulham. Major stumbling block will be his wages. 

Either way I find it promising that replacements are a least ‘supposedly’ being discussed. 

Would be a great appointment and would really put a marker down to show we actually have some ambition for a change.

Which is exactly why it will never happen under Venkys.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Is he?

From what I have read over the last few days it appears a change is going to happen there. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

losing Egan and O'Connell havent help him plus losing Dean Henderson plus Brewster signing hasn't work out. 

Wilder plays that system cos its suits the playing squad there and he built. Did he play that way at Northampton or Oxford tho? 

15 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just for curiosity sake really.... But are there any foreign ex rovers players or coaches currently managing(or coaching at a good level) abroad and looking decent? 

Donis!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just for curiosity sake really.... But are there any foreign ex rovers players or coaches currently managing(or coaching at a good level) abroad and looking decent? 

Lars Bohinen managing in top league in Norway

21 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

3BC83CD2-6AD3-4799-9BBB-BD87176AC90B.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

With Mowbray admitting that he only speaks to Pasha and not directly to the owners does this mean that they have decide to sack him when they got a replacement line up like Bowyer/Lambert situation. I also wonder if they will to bring in sporting director/head coach. Also if they will replace Waggott shortly if they looking to get rid of Mowbray aswell. I can't see Venkys being happy about this season and after backing Mowbray financially for the past 3 seasons they have decide a change in approach is needed. 

sporting/director, head coach setup - you love repeating yourself chaddy. I heard that one for about 3 feckin years now.

On 07/03/2021 at 12:25, Ossydave said:

Its an ideal/tricky job come the summer. Given all the players leaving its either looked at as a clean slate and time to bring fresh blood in OR wee with the willy you've got (favourite Souness quote) and perhaps rely on our youngsters.

It's a difficult job because there's literally no structure behind the scenes. 

Waggot, regardless of how poor he is at his job, is retiring at the end of the season. 

An experienced manager with a plan would absolutely love it as they'd have free reign to mould the club in their image - but it's a bloody big ask. 

Assuming we've still got a Cat 1 Academy after these bastards have finished flogging our training ground I'd love the next manager to promote the youth. Mowbray is terrified of doing so - mainly because he's a cack manager. Not only does it save money, but it allows the fans to bond with a player. If we're going to have mediocre players I'd rather they came through our system than be mercenaries. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

On 07/03/2021 at 11:48, Mattyblue said:

I wonder what Nixon’s ‘sources’ are?

I wasn’t aware he had any real link to the owners or anyone we’ll connected at the club for a long time. Maybe I missed something but I thought for the past few years he was as clueless about our owner’s  motives and plans as we were. 

Maybe he has a link to someone with links to Balaji still. I don’t imagine the big boobed guy is a man to keep his thoughts about his old toys to himself. It’s possible the story comes - third hand at least - from someone who has heard Balaji babbling on about something or other.

However, it’s also possible he’s just flying the flag for the Ismael guy from Barnsley. Either to try to put the thought into someone like Pasha’s head that Ismael would be interested.

Either scenario is a positive. 

On the other hand he could just be putting Ismael in the general shop window on behalf of his agent.

Nixon’s stories aren’t necessarily true, but they do come from somewhere ... ... ... 

• Like 1