BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you read the links I've posted about the problems behind the scenes between Wilder and the owner/board? 

I agree with you that Rovers owners and Pasha should be looking and approach Wilder to see if he would be interest in Rovers manager role. 

If Rovers are looking to change the manager or change the structure to DoF/head coach for next season, I hope we are approaching and talking to potential replacements and appointments

I know he has problems but surely the board should have fully backed wilder. Hes the reason they are where they are 

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I know he has problems but surely the board should have fully backed wilder. Hes the reason they are where they are 

The owner is reporting unhappy about signings not working our like Brewster I would guess. 

Plus the owner wanted a director of football in place. Wilder isnt keen on that

Much as I enjoyed Hughes’ time here....for me our last “ proper manager “...I would not rush to have him back. He was of an era..and I believe that era has passed.  

We are all desperate to see the end of the current regime...it moans, it dumbs down our club, it feeds mediocrity.....we need to look to a hungry , yet to prove himself manager. All appointments are risks , and we have a good track record in those ....

For me it’s the foreign market ( particularly German ) or it’s the likes of Crowley( currently unemployed) or ....down the leagues to the likes of Bowyer at Charlton , Jimmy Floyd ( currently working miracles at Burton ) ......even Ian Evatt at Bolton ..nothing but success at Barrow and Bolton.....

You might say ...is this a list of how far we, as a club , have fallen.....and it probably is ....but we are in trouble and I am desperate for a way out of the slow, painful decline ......of course, THE answer to our prayers would be Wilder ...but, there’s probably a queue ...and our friends in Pune aren’t even aware of our plight ....never mind the queue

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why German? any particular manager in mind? 

Aren't German manager more head coaches then managers in charge of signings? 

Just because German coaches are flavour of the month. Looking around, most of them have fit in well over here because they usually have a great command of English to start with. Makes communicating much easier. We have to get rid of Mowbray first before we can get a new coach in here

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why German? any particular manager in mind? 

Aren't German manager more head coaches then managers in charge of signings? 

Hi Chaddy....I like the mentality of the likes of Klopp, Farke, Tuchal, Wagner ....it’s a WE WILL rather than “ we’ll do what we can and go again “ ...ala Tony ......there must be  more of them doing their thing in the German leagues ..

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

How can a manager who has nearly 50% win ratio get the sack? We should be all over wilder. At least make him an offer to take over in the summer. That way he can spend time analysing rovers statistics and scout any potential signing.  One thing is for certain he won't be short of offers

That's a good idea to be fair. Would also give him time to re-energise. And keep him from the clutches of other clubs who will be looking to appoint a manager. Karanka about to go I've been told. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Hi Chaddy....I like the mentality of the likes of Klopp, Farke, Tuchal, Wagner ....it’s a WE WILL rather than “ we’ll do what we can and go again “ ...ala Tony ......there must be  more of them doing their thing in the German leagues ..

Any German manager we could bring in? 

Do we need not Sporting director to bring in players with German head coach coaching them?

51 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I don't think Jackett is a bad manager, but I don't think he's anything special, either. I'd feel really flat if we appointed him.

Names such as Wilder, Wagner, and Silva excite me. I think we'd all take any of those right now. I don't know how realistic they are, though, both financially and practically.

I'm going to suggest a name that might not sit well initially, but Philip Cocu did very well at PSV. He only lasted for 15 games at Fenerbahçe, and I think Derby had serious distractions and problems off the field during his time there, which I don't think helped. Strange coming from me as Rovers fan, but Derby do seem to be on another level in terms of being basket-case. I wouldn't mind Cocu coming here. I think his last managerial role was a poisoned chalice.

It's a phenomenal record he had at PSV actually. I didn't realise that. Agree on Jackett. Meh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We must have a replacement line up or proper plan in place first before removing Mowbray. 

Oh id agree but since there is no sign whatsoever that anyone who has any authority is even thinking of sacking Mowbray, we, as fans, can line up/suggest whoever we want. There has to be some kind of will to get rid of him before we can expect anyone to be looking for a replacement.

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Oh id agree but since there is no sign whatsoever that anyone who has any authority is even thinking of sacking Mowbray, we, as fans, can line up/suggest whoever we want. There has to be some kind of will to get rid of him before we can expect anyone to be looking for a replacement.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park regarding Mowbray future and the plan after him. Pasha is back at Ewood from what we know posted in the Brockhall thread

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park regarding Mowbray future and the plan after him. Pasha is back at Ewood from what we know posted in the Brockhall thread

You have to wonder why Pasha has turned back up.

3 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

Much as I enjoyed Hughes’ time here....for me our last “ proper manager “...I would not rush to have him back. He was of an era..and I believe that era has passed.  

We are all desperate to see the end of the current regime...it moans, it dumbs down our club, it feeds mediocrity.....we need to look to a hungry , yet to prove himself manager. All appointments are risks , and we have a good track record in those ....

For me it’s the foreign market ( particularly German ) or it’s the likes of Crowley( currently unemployed) or ....down the leagues to the likes of Bowyer at Charlton , Jimmy Floyd ( currently working miracles at Burton ) ......even Ian Evatt at Bolton ..nothing but success at Barrow and Bolton.....

You might say ...is this a list of how far we, as a club , have fallen.....and it probably is ....but we are in trouble and I am desperate for a way out of the slow, painful decline ......of course, THE answer to our prayers would be Wilder ...but, there’s probably a queue ...and our friends in Pune aren’t even aware of our plight ....never mind the queue

Get Sparky in: at least he knows the club, what makes us all tick and is someone that we can all identify with and get behind!

• Like 2