BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

35 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Weren't there rumours or suggestions on here a few weeks ago that Neil was on his way here? His sacking would certainly make that prospect more attractive to Venkys if there was anything in it given that there'd be no compo to pay.

Rumours/suggestions or absolute nonsense 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said they aren't happy. I asked how do you know that?

We probably won't be relegated and maybe that's enough to keep the owners happy? 

Been reported by local journalists. 

What owner is happy losing over 20 to 25 million pounds a season? 

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Weren't there rumours or suggestions on here a few weeks ago that Neil was on his way here? His sacking would certainly make that prospect more attractive to Venkys if there was anything in it given that there'd be no compo to pay.

Its was @Mercer who said a family member had told him that Neil will be Rovers manager shortly/next few months. 

Maybe Mercer could give us an update?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Link? 

If they weren't happy, surely they would sack him, no? 

I would imagine they, like you, want to have a replacement or replacements lined up for immediately after Mowbray gets potted. They, like you, don't want to name Johnson as caretaker. The more extensive the planned changes, the longer it takes to arrange everything. If they are ditching HSH, that will cost money and take time, too.

These changes are things Venkys can't mess up and so it's one time I don't really begrudge the time, though as a fan, I'd like it done faster.

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where was it reported? Theyve not said a word in ages.

Crooke Twitter account

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Link? 

If they weren't happy, surely they would sack him, no? 

Look on Jaquob Crooke twitter account.. 

Look at Venkys past record with keeping managers on too long

15 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I would imagine they, like you, want to have a replacement or replacements lined up for immediately after Mowbray gets potted. They, like you, don't want to name Johnson as caretaker. The more extensive the planned changes, the longer it takes to arrange everything. If they are ditching HSH, that will cost money and take time, too.

These changes are things Venkys can't mess up and so it's one time I don't really begrudge the time, though as a fan, I'd like it done faster.

Ya. That would be fine, but then we all remember their previous form. 

Hopefully that's what's happening, do you genuinely believe it is? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Where was it reported? Theyve not said a word in ages.

It was alleged by that Crook dude from Lancs Live in twitter correspondence I think. Something along the lines of "owners understood to be unhappy by recent results but not known if they're ready to make a change yet etc"

I.e. doing a Nixon and hedging his bets so he can't be wrong either way no matter what happens.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wouldn't be against Neil joining: we need some new blood and ideas, but he wasn't a world-beater at PNE and I'm not sure he would be the man to get us promoted.

I agree, personally I'd take him over Mowbray tomorrow to get the latter out of the door but I wouldn't be completely ecstatic about the appointment.

Still, even if he was another Don Mackay, who got us to several play offs and failed that would still be a massive leap forwards from where we are now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Wilder going to Celtic apparently. My source is one of the Sheff U first team coaches who’s planning to go up there with him.

So I think we can scrub Wilder off the list.

Unbelievably unambitious move by Wilder - I thought he was better than that. 

12 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Wilder going to Celtic apparently. My source is one of the Sheff U first team coaches who’s planning to go up there with him.

So I think we can scrub Wilder off the list.

Interesting, not what I’m hearing by all accounts.

Harkin- maresca- eduoard to Leicester- nmecha replacement is what Iv heard going down 

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wouldn't be against Neil joining: we need some new blood and ideas, but he wasn't a world-beater at PNE and I'm not sure he would be the man to get us promoted.

Neil is a significantly better manager than Mowbray, but you do wonder whether he'd want to come here. He won't get the same financial backing Mowbray got - in actuality he'd probably find himself in a similar situation to PNE, having to get buy on freebies and loans as his more desirable players are sold off.

Obviously here it would be due to FFP rather than the owners trying to claw their money back. 

That's the problem any new manager is going to face after Mowbray's 4 years on Easy Street.