BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Also been linked as a potential number two to Roy Keane at Celtic. EDIT: Just seen he’s now odds on for the Preston job. 

On PNE's forum they seem to very keen on the idea of Nicky Butt being appointed.

It only takes a couple of bets for the odds to go to odds on when it's a market like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Ex Man Utd people as managers don't seem to do well at PNE. Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles.

We've had Johnny Carey, Brian Kidd and Paul Ince. Only Carey first time round did well for us.

Even when you look at the likes of Mclaren and Carvalho (w/e his name is) - neither hardly went on to become greats despite being under Fergies apprenticeship. 

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

On PNE's forum they seem to very keen on the idea of Nicky Butt being appointed.

It only takes a couple of bets for the odds to go to odds on when it's a market like that.

True, I can’t see him going there myself but who knows. 

• Backroom
6 hours ago, bazza said:

Ex Man Utd people as managers don't seem to do well at PNE. Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles.

We've had Johnny Carey, Brian Kidd and Paul Ince. Only Carey first time round did well for us.

Hughesy did alright...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

This was when he replaced Sven, they weren’t the best in the land like they are now. They may have even had that Asian owner before the Arabs came in as well. Their team was no great shakes at all. 

Yeah but he was signing Brazilians and everything at Citeh....they had oodles of coin.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how Keane does at Celtic and a shame if he does go as he is a very entertaining pundit.

He was not long out of the game at Sunderland, where he was overly reliant on players he knew, mainly from United but also from Ireland and Celtic. Take that comfort blanket out, throw in nearly 15 years of time in which players possibly will allow even less of an authoritarian approach, not sure it spells success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

Damian Duff? Keane and Duff must be quite a dream ticket for Celtic! Keane hasn't overly-enamoured himself as a manager this side of the border, but I doubt that counts. Celtic probably feel as though their players need a "kick Bishop Brennan up the arse"!

I thought Celtic would have went for someone with a proven track record in management. Keane is a complex character.  It's going to be fascinating between him and Gerrard next season though 

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Meesh said:

Damian Duff? Keane and Duff must be quite a dream ticket for Celtic! Keane hasn't overly-enamoured himself as a manager this side of the border, but I doubt that counts. Celtic probably feel as though their players need a "kick Bishop Brennan up the arse"!

I can see it now.

"Don't call me Roy, ye little prick! Ye'll address me by my proper title, ye little bollocks!"

• Like 1