BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

On 26/03/2021 at 17:46, Gordon Gekko said:

This was when he replaced Sven, they weren’t the best in the land like they are now. They may have even had that Asian owner before the Arabs came in as well. Their team was no great shakes at all. 

They were loaded - albeit not as loaded as they are now.

Funnily enough I was lamenting that today with a friend. We get lumbered with awful Indian owners who won't bugger off despite a decade of incompetence.

Citeh get back-to-back rich owners when the first one was arrested for money laundering. 

Doesn't seem fair, really. 

Young hungry manager that wants to succeed and get to the top - we missed the boat. We have a dino that's been at the top, failed, and is at the end of his career. More interested in preserving his career over anything else.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

managers we should be targeting to replace Mowbray

Mark Hughes

Chris Wilder

Gareth Ainsworth

Neil Harris

Alex Neil

Gary Rowett

Danny Cowley

Any of the above. Failing that, take your pick from any useless dolloper and they'd be better than what we have.

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Any of the above. Failing that, take your pick from any useless dolloper and they'd be better than what we have.

I would put season tickets on sale now, with a golden ticket, If you get that ticket in a draw, you are the new manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

managers we should be targeting to replace Mowbray

Mark Hughes

Chris Wilder

Gareth Ainsworth

Neil Harris

Alex Neil

Gary Rowett

Danny Cowley

Cowleys are at Portsmouth, aren't they?

Besides we are not a sensibly-run football club. Who is going to sack Mowbray? Hey? Hey?

Who the f++k is going to sack him?????????

Aaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Average managers are ten a penny at this level so changing one for another is no big deal.  Might be hard to get a top name in but we've long past the stage where change is needed for changes sake.

He's neither got one iota of a clue left and cares even less now. 

14 minutes ago, bazza said:

Cowleys are at Portsmouth, aren't they?

Besides we are not a sensibly-run football club. Who is going to sack Mowbray? Hey? Hey?

Who the f++k is going to sack him?????????

Aaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Contract only till end of season there. 

Pasha

Pasha ‘liked’ tweets just a month ago where Mowbray was quoted talking about how he didn’t feel he was fighting for his job. Can only hope he’s got no say and Blingy/Madame will pull off a shock, but I’m not expecting anything. Would imagine none of us are.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Our only hope is the players frankly turn around and say fuck off Tony to which a hurting father feels he cannot go on and finally does what's right for all involved.

The next chapter will be who is next but I'm prepared to live that trauma just to see this chapter end.

It's like a bad novel you have to read to pass your exams. You can't bear to read or hear another word but not seeing it through is not an option to get the answers you need at the exam. 

I've never experienced Japanese water torture but could there be a modern day alternative not yet realised? TM press conferences....

I can only imagine what the owners must think after a few days of him in India each summer. No wonder they don't come over and I imagine there chickens make more sense!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I can tolerate rubbish football and results, I can't tolerate shysters selling off our training ground, unsackable managers who appoint their own CEOs and people taking hundreds of thousands a year out whilst pleading poverty.

This.

The Brockhall thing was a line in the sand moment for me and in the meantime results on the pitch have also got so bad that we are even falling back in danger of being in the relegation mix.

I don't think the two things are entirely unrelated.

Meanwhile, the local press sail merrily on regardless, asking Mowbray about his summer transfer plans, also acting on the assumption that the Brockhall scheme is a good thing.

Back in the real world however, the rest of us have to try and ensure there's still something left to salvage by the time the Coventrio are expelled from the Club.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If Mowbray continues next season as manager what clubs are on offer to support?

Rochdale? Accy?

Going off your posting name I’d suggest getting yourself down to shawbridge to watch Clitheroe. They have ambitions of promotion.

Last season season tickets were £50. Can have a drink while watching the game. A club that isn’t reduced to merely a vanity project for billionaires and chancers. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

If the likes of JH (and Parson if I remember his post from a while ago) are thinking of knocking it on the head, then summer 2021 will be a repeat of 2012, only thing is there ain’t many of us left for another 50% to pack it in.

But that is certainly the mood music I’m picking up, the drop off in interest has been enormous from what I’ve seen, the 18 months minimum out of Ewood will have seen many fans  re-assessing their priorities in life and spending £400-500 to have the piss taken by that carpetbagger and his stooges won’t be one of them...

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Going off your posting name I’d suggest getting yourself down to shawbridge to watch Clitheroe. They have ambitions of promotion.

Last season season tickets were £50. Can have a drink while watching the game. A club that isn’t reduced to merely a vanity project for billionaires and chancers. 

I'd second that. Clitheroe is fun football. You go home regardless of the result feeling you've seen a team playing their hearts out. They're not generally great talents but they've remembered what the point of playing is- doing your best to win and enjoying yourself doing it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If the likes of JH (and Parson if I remember his post from a while ago) are thinking of knocking it on the head, then summer 2021 will be a repeat of 2012, only thing is there ain’t many of us left for another 50% to pack it in.

But that is certainly the mood music I’m picking up, the drop off in interest has been enormous from what I’ve seen, the 18 months minimum out of Ewood will have seen many fans  re-assessing their priorities in life and spending £400-500 to have the piss taken by that carpetbagger and his stooges won’t be one of them...

I agree Matty.....Whilst fans at many clubs will be desperate to return to their grounds, with support they have missed giving ...the returning numbers at Ewood will be a stark statement of what this management has done to this club....I along with JH and many others will be part of that 50%.