BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

2 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I'd second that. Clitheroe is fun football. You go home regardless of the result feeling you've seen a team playing their hearts out. They're not generally great talents but they've remembered what the point of playing is- doing your best to win and enjoying yourself doing it.

People who run it care about it. Ironically they probably have a greater knowledge of football than anyone in the rovers boardroom hierarchy (not that that’s saying much).

Owners and management passionate about their club and run it with a view to pleasing its fans. That’s all I really want for rovers but haven’t had it for over a decade. 

56 minutes ago, matt83 said:

People who run it care about it. Ironically they probably have a greater knowledge of football than anyone in the rovers boardroom hierarchy (not that that’s saying much).

Owners and management passionate about their club and run it with a view to pleasing its fans. That’s all I really want for rovers but haven’t had it for over a decade. 

I get my enjoyment now either following Clitheroe or Sale Sharks, a different sport I know, but a club run by local business people with ambition and passion, that keeps fans connected by regular communication and consultation. A club that has ambition but uses its academy lads well and has ideas above its station. A club that has brought in an ambitious young DOR who commands respect but knows how to have a laugh too. How long is it since any of that really applied at Rovers? 

Tony, Steve and Venus are here for the long haul. But if by some miracle the Venky’s pot them - I want Ainsworth.

No doubt he isn’t the best manager out there, but his interviews ahead of the game yesterday and back in Autumn tell me everything I need to hear.

He loves this club & town, probably more than any person in football today. His rock and roll, balls to the wall attitude would be the most fun we’ve had following the club in 10+ years. 
I would take GA & a relegation scrap over Mowbray & mid table every week, because I would be 100% sure that everything possible was being done to achieve success.

There is just something about the way he speaks about the club that totally enamours me with him.

Mowbray out.

Edited by CheshireRover
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be honest, it’s Rovers or nothing for me.

Couldn't watch another league club but used to go to Clitheroe and Sale even when I had a Rovers ST. For me its been a shift of emphasis rather than a change of club. Id still go to Rovers if there was anything remotely interesting going on but they're no longer my number 1 focus. I care. I get angry. I want to be able to support them properly but the trust, the shared ambition, the heart, the passion have all gone. And I like watching live sport. I need something to support. So my focus has shifted to things that give me a reason to stay connected

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Tony, Steve and Venus are here for the long haul. But if by some miracle the Venky’s pot them - I want Ainsworth.

No doubt he isn’t the best manager out there, but his interviews ahead of the game yesterday and back in Autumn tell me everything I need to hear.

He loves this club & town, probably more than any person in football today. His rock and roll, balls to the wall attitude would be the most fun we’ve had following the club in 10+ years. 
I would take GA & a relegation scrap over Mowbray & mid table every week, because I would be 100% sure that everything possible was being done to achieve success.

There is just something about the way he speaks about the club that totally enamours me with him.

Mowbray out.

Agreed, I think Ainsworth would be a good fit. He’s done a terrific job at Wycombe, (over achieving by getting into this league in the first place), and has earned a chance at a bigger club.

The fact that he’s from the area and supports Rovers are not grounds for giving him the job, (look at Dunn!), but it complements his credentials as a young, hungry manager with tangible success on his CV.

When we inevitably pass up on him, I can see him ending up back at Preston.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Agreed, I think Ainsworth would be a good fit. He’s done a terrific job at Wycombe, (over achieving by getting into this league in the first place), and has earned a chance at a bigger club.

The fact that he’s from the area and supports Rovers are not grounds for giving him the job, (look at Dunn!), but it complements his credentials as a young, hungry manager with tangible success on his CV.

When we inevitably pass up on him, I can see him ending up back at Preston.

He’s cheap, he would take it and he’s not Mowbray. Every box ticked

• Like 4

Yesterday I did in fact watch Clitheroe instead of Rovers.

I had just downloaded it via Torrents so forgetting there was a Rovers game on watched Just Jimmy, Series 1 Ep 2, which is the sole remaining episode in existence.

It's called 'A Match for Jim' and somewhat ironically is about Jimmy wanted to go to watch an away game between 'Rovers' and 'United' and trying to get a lift there. 

Did a couple of Episodes of That's My Boy too.

I realised that we had a game and by the time I 'found' it Wycombe had scored so I went back to the downloads.

I did put myself through the extended lowlights today though.

MOWBRAY OUT, OUT, OUT!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pasha ‘liked’ tweets just a month ago where Mowbray was quoted talking about how he didn’t feel he was fighting for his job. Can only hope he’s got no say and Blingy/Madame will pull off a shock, but I’m not expecting anything. Would imagine none of us are.

But since then and returning to the UK he hasn't like anything relating to Mowbray. 

I think after this disastrous season and the massive turnover of players that we are going to see in the summer that barring a miracle we are at least 2 seasons away from promotion. I think we need to be looking for a younger up and coming developing manager who  if given time can implement a style and build a team capable of promotion. Rather than the scatter gun approach of just signing players who don't fit the system and constantly changing what we are trying to do.

Neil Critchley at Blackpool is someone who is impressing me not spent much money and up in the play offs, his one signing made for a substantial fee in Yates was signed for a couple hundred thousand and he would now fetch 7 figures. He also has experience working at Liverpool and has picked up players on frees who he will have seen when working with the youth team there. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Have to say.  If TM remains, then boycotting the first team and following the under 23s in big numbers home and away would be some statement.

I'm fairly torn on the boycott question.

On the one hand I'm loath to dip into my pocket whilst Waggott, Mowbray and Venus are still here.

On the other, I'm starting to think, as LD Rover alluded to last night, that everything Waggott has done since he's been here has been deliberately designed to reduce and alienate the fan base.

I used to think he was merely incompetent and that

- the Waggott tax

- putting prices up during a pandemic when people couldn't attend and were struggling financially

- then  issuing messages about us being   "all in it together" when to the best of my knowledge neither he, the coaching staff, nor the players made any sort of gesture to help the Club out by taking a small pay cut

were all symptoms of that incompetence.

However given the recent developments over Brockhall and his background at Coventry I'm not so sure now. 

I think it would be extremely dangerous for crowd numbers to shrink any further with this bloke at the helm.  It gives him all the excuse he needs to try and persuade the owners the figures aren't stacking up and to try and get them to agree to downgrade and downscale the Club still further.

Ultimate nightmare scenario, he runs the Club into the ground so successfully that he persuades the owners to put us into administration then pops up again at the head of Otium Entertainment Group PLC 2 or similar and tries to buy back any remaining assets the Club has at a knockdown price.

I think I'll be there screaming for the removal of the Coventrio until the day they go all other things being equal.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Would Ainsworth get a mention if he wasn't a Blackburn lad?

I don't think he would

Possibly not, but he should, in my opinion, irrespective of his roots.

He would certainly be a more left field / imaginative appointment than some of the names being bandied around, (Rowett, Monk etc).

Two promotions at a very small club is no mean feat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On the one hand I'm loath to dip into my pocket whilst Waggott, Mowbray and Venus are still here.

On the other, I'm starting to think, as LD Rover alluded to last night, that everything Waggott has done since he's been here has been deliberately designed to reduce and alienate the fan base.

- the Waggott tax

- putting prices up during a pandemic when people couldn't attend and were struggling financially

- then  issuing messages about us being   "all in it together" when to the best of my knowledge neither he, the coaching staff, nor the players made any sort of gesture to help the Club out by taking a small pay cut

However given the recent developments over Brockhall and his background at Coventry I'm not so sure now. 

I think it would be extremely dangerous for crowd numbers to shrink any further with this bloke at the helm.  It gives him all the excuse he needs to try and persuade the owners the figures aren't stacking up and to try and get them to agree to downgrade and downscale the Club still further.

Ultimate nightmare scenario, he runs the Club into the ground so successfully that he persuades the owners to put us into administration then pops up again at the head of Otium Entertainment Group PLC 2 or similar and tries to buy back any remaining assets the Club has at a knockdown price.

I think I'll be there screaming for the removal of the Coventrio until the day they go all other things being equal.

The whole club is probably in worse place now than when Kean was here. He alienated half the fan base and they stayed away.  The same thing is in danger of happening again but probably down to a core of around 5k,  like the mid 80s.

I see where you are coming from and I don't think TM would have survived this long if fans were in the ground.

I think he knows he's lost the fans now. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Possibly not, but he should, in my opinion, irrespective of his roots.

He would certainly be a more left field / imaginative appointment than some of the names being bandied around, (Rowett, Monk etc).

Two promotions at a very small club is no mean feat.

Sometimes having one of your own works, maybe this is one of those times.  

Someone who gets what Blackburn is about.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Sometimes having one of your own works, maybe this is one of those times.  

Someone who gets what Blackburn is about.

Agreed. His record up to now is good. If nothing else it’s a glimmer of something to get behind and support 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

- the Waggott tax

I went for a walk in the park today and got chatting to a random bloke. Guess where he was from and who he supports? Coventry City, he told some very interesting stories about our trio and said some very slanderous things about the three of them. He finished by saying that getting them out would be the best thing for our club.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

- the Waggott tax

For a decade Rovers fans have looked for excuse after excuse about the Venky's misrule that did not point at anything other than the best intent for our club. They were advised badly we've said, they're just incompetent, they don't know the game, they're being hoodwinked, even coming up with random stories about Balaji's son one day to become interested...

We've been trying way too hard. Our owners don't give a flying whatever about the club, the town and certainly not the fans. 

Will we still have a Rovers as we know it by the time we finished? Or are we going to be another Bury?