BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

We've been trying way too hard. Our owners don't give a flying whatever about the club, the town and certainly not the fans.

I don't want to get into an argument about it but my own personal opinion is that hindsight has shown that certainly isn't the case.

Otherwise it would have been the easiest thing in the world just to walk away after we were relegated from the Prem.

Yet here they are 10 years later still pumping in £20m p,a, just to keep us afloat.

Spunking it up the wall admittedly due to a combination of their own bad decisions and the incompetence of those currently running the show on the ground but there you go.

• Like 4

On 03/04/2021 at 13:12, Ewood Ace said:

I think after this disastrous season and the massive turnover of players that we are going to see in the summer that barring a miracle we are at least 2 seasons away from promotion. I think we need to be looking for a younger up and coming developing manager who  if given time can implement a style and build a team capable of promotion. Rather than the scatter gun approach of just signing players who don't fit the system and constantly changing what we are trying to do.

Neil Critchley at Blackpool is someone who is impressing me not spent much money and up in the play offs, his one signing made for a substantial fee in Yates was signed for a couple hundred thousand and he would now fetch 7 figures. He also has experience working at Liverpool and has picked up players on frees who he will have seen when working with the youth team there. 

Very interested suggestion. 

From what I hear on radio Lancs that he has adapt his playing style to get results

On 03/04/2021 at 13:17, jim mk2 said:

Would Ainsworth get a mention if he wasn't a Blackburn lad?

I don't think he would

Why wouldn't he? 2 promotions achieved on a very limited budget. Mowbray has had 20 million pounds to spend and wages for each signings and we still nowhere near top 6

• Like 4

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't want to get into an argument about it but my own personal opinion is that hindsight has shown that certainly isn't the case.

No arguments necessary. These are just personal opinions and all are entitled to them.

End of the day, they mean nothing anyway. The club shall be run in the fashion that the owners decide and debates on this message board will have no effect on that.

On 03/04/2021 at 12:10, martonrover said:

Possibly not, but he should, in my opinion, irrespective of his roots.

He would certainly be a more left field / imaginative appointment than some of the names being bandied around, (Rowett, Monk etc).

Two promotions at a very small club is no mean feat.

The more I think of it, the more the only replacement I’d be happy with is Ainsworth, he’s the only one that can be guaranteed to have the best interests of the club at heart.

• Like 2

Wilders 3-5-2 that they rocked up to Ewood with a couple of years ago was an absolute tactical clinic. Never been so impressed with the system of an opposition. 

Would love David Wagner, Marco Silva or the wildman wild card Duncan Ferguson. 

Gareth Ainsworth will probably be hanging around the ground tomorrow morning peaking in windows, trying to hand out his resume.

• Like 3

If (and it's a big if) Mowbray is canned soon, Venkys really need to get the next appointment correct. No cheap option, no has been, no agent driven waste of oxygen, we need a decent appointment with a proper recruitment process in place. 

Will we get one? 

No, we won't. 

If Mowbray goes, i'd wager we'll end up with Pulis (HSH client)

Johnson will get it til the end of the season. The mere fact Mowbray is gone will get us results. Venkys will see Johnson as the cheap option and appoint him permanently. We gamble yet again 

Honestly and I would happily be proved wrong ,but talk of Wilder or Silva is laughable IMO 

Then again, he probably won't get be sacked 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Johnson will get it til the end of the season. The mere fact Mowbray is gone will get us results. Venkys will see Johnson as the cheap option and appoint him permanently. We gamble yet again 

Honestly and I would happily be proved wrong ,but talk of Wilder or Silva is laughable IMO 

Then again, he probably won't get be sacked 

That's the other most likely outcome. If an agent hasn't got the Venkys ear then they will stick Johnno in charge, he'll get the bounce and get a few results and they'll just give him the job permanently.

Like a lot of these types of appointments, the results don't last and he'll be gone midway through next season with us in trouble, again.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Maybe not the sexy manager we would all want but I’d take Paul Warne in a heartbeat. Does wonders with Rotherham . Reminds me of dyche 

Not for me. Done ok in hauling them out of League One twice but cannot keep them in the Championship and expect they will go down once again this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Uwe Rosler responds to claim linking him with the vacant Preston North End managerial job - LancsLive

Uwe Rossler being linked with PNE. He's out of contract in the summer. 

Any takers?

Yes. Ticks a few boxes. Excellent win record at Brentford, Wigan and Fleetwood. Wasn't at Leeds long enough.

Knows the area, wouldn't need to settle in and well connected abroad. 

Could operate under a 'head coach' structure.

Would be a wise move for PNE.

I'd have an eye on Michael Laudrup also. Not worked for a couple of years but would be a big ambitious move.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes. Ticks a few boxes. Excellent win record at Brentford, Wigan and Fleetwood. Wasn't at Leeds long enough.

Knows the area, wouldn't need to settle in and well connected abroad. 

Could operate under a 'head coach' structure.

Would be a wise move for PNE.

I'd have an eye on Michael Laudrup also. Not worked for a couple of years but would be a big ambitious move.

Would you take Rosler as Mowbray's replacement?.

Warne's similarities with Dyche start and perhaps end with his shaven head, Rotherham are very much a yo-yo club and he seems to struggle to keep them up every time.

With Ainsworth, his passion shouldnt come into it. I personally dont doubt Mowbrays passion, he spends numerous days a week (he claims) away from his family home, its not his desire that lets him down, his recruitment, his team selections, his tactics, his "philosophies" etc all do let him down and have been doing for a while, what we need though is competence, passion and who a manager supports is an irrelevance to me.

That being said, Ainsworth has done enough to show that he has a level of competence that makes him at least worth considering.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2021 at 22:05, JHRover said:

The worst part for me isn't the shite football or results, it's the lack of trust and accountability.

I can tolerate rubbish football and results, I can't tolerate shysters selling off our training ground, unsackable managers who appoint their own CEOs and people taking hundreds of thousands a year out whilst pleading poverty.

This for me. And I think a lot of other supporters feel the same.

• Like 3