BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Anyone else interested by critchley at Blackpool? 

Wpuld certainly suit some of the players we have.

I suggested him the other day. He's certainly doing a very impressive job at Blackpool and whereas some managers get jobs in higher leagues and seemed daunted by it, it seems unlikely that he would be given his previous role at Liverpool.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I suggested him the other day. He's certainly doing a very impressive job at Blackpool and whereas some managers get jobs in higher leagues and seemed daunted by it, it seems unlikely that he would be given his previous role at Liverpool.

If we were to go down that specific style of play route I'd be very keen.

But like other posters have said we take anyone with a plan atm.

Thats the one thing we desperately need. Someone with a plan. Because we sure as s### aint getting it from above.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can you explain why him?

I'm just going off their incredible record this season. Top of their league, unbeaten, got out of a group containing Bayer Leverkusen and Nice and knocked out Leicester and Rangers, drawn tonight at Arsenal.

I know nothing more than that but pretty impressive stuff and a bit more inspiring than someone who has had a good run in League One or Two.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Slavia Prague manager would be worth a look for an ambitious club. 

They have been impressive, haven't they? They have some handy players too. Would happily have their manager and Sima here. Of course, that's just wishful thinking and never going to happen.

I wish our so called European scouting network was actually up to scratch. There are some good 'uns out there who could improve us but the clubs lacks imagination at the moment. I really don't want to see anybody with any connection to Middlesbrough join us in the summer.

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I wish our so called European scouting network was actually up to scratch. There are some good 'uns out there who could improve us but the clubs lacks imagination at the moment. I really don't want to see anybody with any connection to Middlesbrough join us in the summer.

The rules gave changed post-Brexit so it will be difficult to find many European players that we could afford and that would also get a work permit.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see why the Slavia Prague manager would have any interest in the rovers job. Out of our league. Unfortunately

For money. There’s a lot of grand old clubs across Europe, but for the ones  outside elite leagues there’s not a pot to piss in.

The Championship is far richer than the Czech or Serbian or Croatian top division, for example.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For money. There’s a lot of grand old clubs across Europe, but for the ones  outside elite leagues there’s not a pot to piss in.

The Championship is far richer than the Czech or Serbian or Croatian top division, for example.

Something I really believe is that the manager should be the highest paid person at the club. Going and getting the equivalent of a free transfer has been Venkys MO and I don't expect that to change. Leeds really pushed the boat out for Bielsa and that has paid dividends.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Something I really believe is that the manager should be the highest paid person at the club. Going and getting the equivalent of a free transfer has been Venkys MO and I don't expect that to change. Leeds really pushed the boat out for Bielsa and that has paid dividends.

Bang on. Your manager is the most important man at the club and should be paid accordingly. Spending £7million on a dud striker and signing a manager on the cheap is idiotic.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

And Dyche. That lot long realised he was the key to the whole thing staying afloat, so is paid accordingly  - and made the former owners a bundle too.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And Dyche. That lot long realised he was the key to the whole thing staying afloat, so is paid accordingly  - and made the former owners a bundle too.

To be fair Matty I'm not sure Dyche was that highly thought of (or paid) when they first hired him. Certainly once he took them on their journey he has become well recompensed I should imagine.

I think Klopp is a another prime example of a club pushing the boat out for a top manager and reaping the benefits (though I guess even he isn't earning as much as some of their players?).

Not saying he was, they struck lucky as he hadn’t achieved much elsewhere.

I’m talking about in recent years, and arbito’s view that the manager should be the top earner, they’ve realised that he is the one man keeping the whole show on the road and he is therefore the best paid employee at the club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If he said he wanted to come to England, we would be well down the queue. Unfortunately. Under different owners and a different structure, maybe we would have a chance 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he said he wanted to come to England, we would be well down the queue. Unfortunately. Under different owners and a different structure, maybe we would have a chance 

I’m not talking particularly about that example, as I imagine after the Europa run they’ve been on he will have turned heads across Europe.

But more generally Championship outfits can attract managers from clubs that are ‘big European names’ that play outside the top leagues, purely because of how little money there is in those smaller European countries.

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m not talking particularly about that example, as I imagine after the Europa run they’ve been on he will have turned heads across Europe.

But more generally Championship outfits can attract managers from clubs that are ‘big European names’ that play outside the top leagues, purely because of how little money there is in those smaller European countries.

Not disagreeing with that, I was referring specifically to Rovers