• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well personally I'm at a clear stage in life. As difficult as Coronvirus has been the 13 month break in football games has simplified things and offered a fresh perspective on football. If it had just

Established Championship club ✅ Recent history of Premier League football ✅ Squad packed with quality, including 2nd highest scorer in the league and a returning Dack ✅ No forced sales

Alex Neil -  Young manager sourced by Norwich from Hamilton - Takes them up via play offs beating their hated rivals along the way.  Can't stay up but then gets sacked when they are 8th in the Champ.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Uwe Rosler responds to claim linking him with the vacant Preston North End managerial job - LancsLive

Uwe Rossler being linked with PNE. He's out of contract in the summer. 

Any takers?

Yes. Ticks a few boxes. Excellent win record at Brentford, Wigan and Fleetwood. Wasn't at Leeds long enough.

Knows the area, wouldn't need to settle in and well connected abroad. 

Could operate under a 'head coach' structure.

Would be a wise move for PNE.

I'd have an eye on Michael Laudrup also. Not worked for a couple of years but would be a big ambitious move.

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes. Ticks a few boxes. Excellent win record at Brentford, Wigan and Fleetwood. Wasn't at Leeds long enough.

Knows the area, wouldn't need to settle in and well connected abroad. 

Could operate under a 'head coach' structure.

Would be a wise move for PNE.

I'd have an eye on Michael Laudrup also. Not worked for a couple of years but would be a big ambitious move.

Would you take Rosler as Mowbray's replacement?.

Warne's similarities with Dyche start and perhaps end with his shaven head, Rotherham are very much a yo-yo club and he seems to struggle to keep them up every time.

With Ainsworth, his passion shouldnt come into it. I personally dont doubt Mowbrays passion, he spends numerous days a week (he claims) away from his family home, its not his desire that lets him down, his recruitment, his team selections, his tactics, his "philosophies" etc all do let him down and have been doing for a while, what we need though is competence, passion and who a manager supports is an irrelevance to me.

That being said, Ainsworth has done enough to show that he has a level of competence that makes him at least worth considering.

On 02/04/2021 at 22:05, JHRover said:

The worst part for me isn't the shite football or results, it's the lack of trust and accountability.

I can tolerate rubbish football and results, I can't tolerate shysters selling off our training ground, unsackable managers who appoint their own CEOs and people taking hundreds of thousands a year out whilst pleading poverty.

This for me. And I think a lot of other supporters feel the same.

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Anyone else interested by critchley at Blackpool? 

Wpuld certainly suit some of the players we have.

I suggested him the other day. He's certainly doing a very impressive job at Blackpool and whereas some managers get jobs in higher leagues and seemed daunted by it, it seems unlikely that he would be given his previous role at Liverpool.

35 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I suggested him the other day. He's certainly doing a very impressive job at Blackpool and whereas some managers get jobs in higher leagues and seemed daunted by it, it seems unlikely that he would be given his previous role at Liverpool.

If we were to go down that specific style of play route I'd be very keen.

But like other posters have said we take anyone with a plan atm.

Thats the one thing we desperately need. Someone with a plan. Because we sure as s### aint getting it from above.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can you explain why him?

I'm just going off their incredible record this season. Top of their league, unbeaten, got out of a group containing Bayer Leverkusen and Nice and knocked out Leicester and Rangers, drawn tonight at Arsenal.

I know nothing more than that but pretty impressive stuff and a bit more inspiring than someone who has had a good run in League One or Two.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Slavia Prague manager would be worth a look for an ambitious club. 

They have been impressive, haven't they? They have some handy players too. Would happily have their manager and Sima here. Of course, that's just wishful thinking and never going to happen.

I wish our so called European scouting network was actually up to scratch. There are some good 'uns out there who could improve us but the clubs lacks imagination at the moment. I really don't want to see anybody with any connection to Middlesbrough join us in the summer.

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I wish our so called European scouting network was actually up to scratch. There are some good 'uns out there who could improve us but the clubs lacks imagination at the moment. I really don't want to see anybody with any connection to Middlesbrough join us in the summer.

The rules gave changed post-Brexit so it will be difficult to find many European players that we could afford and that would also get a work permit.