BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

I think most Sheffield United fans were thinking the same when they appointed Wilder as manager, apart from being a Sheffield United Fan, he had not done that much to be appointed their boss. Also we did try to appoint him as manager at the same time as Mowbray, but got turned down, so we did seem to be looking at lower league managers at that point.

I am not saying we should appoint Ainsworth, but he has something about him, and what he has done with Wycombe, especially this season on a £4m total player budget is pretty impressive. It just took him a touch too long for their players to get up to speed with the demands of the Championship.

Wilder, sadly I don't see us being able to appoint, despite the fact he is perfect for the role, i think his relationship with the Sheffield United owner for the past season means he is unlikely to accept another basket case club.

• Like 2

I remember when we had a decent manager and I'd panic every time something like the Mourinho sacking happened. Whenever the likes of Spurs, City or Newcastle would sack someone, I'd be panicking they'd go after Hughes.

No such worries nowadays.

• Like 3

If there was ever a time for a top class manager to prove he was good enough without millions at his disposal then Jose this is your time ! Get yourself down to Ewood and show the world you are worthy😂😂

Edited by 1864roverite

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you don't want Ainsworth here that fine. But some fans would. Yes Ainsworth is a Rovers fan and from the area. Why is that such a negative for you and other people like @roversfan99

He has done very well in the job at Wycombe. And I think a move to Rovers he would jump at it. It could be a good move. 

Any appointment is a risk even a Wilder or Hughes. 

Who said that it is a negative? I think who he supports is a total irrelevance, neither positive or negative and should have absolutely no bearing on any managerial appointment.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Who said that it is a negative? I think who he supports is a total irrelevance, neither positive or negative and should have absolutely no bearing on any managerial appointment.

no one said it should have a bearing on any managerial appointment apart from you and others mention every time we suggest Ainsworth for the manager job here. 

Ainsworth should be on the shortlist when we have a vacancy here. Hopefully very shortly. 

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no one said it should have a bearing on any managerial appointment apart from you and others mention every time we suggest Ainsworth for the manager job here. 

Ainsworth should be on the shortlist when we have a vacancy here. Hopefully very shortly. 

You previously told me you were not going to answer a hypothetical question as to whether you'd have Mouriunho here, because he wasn't available.  He is now available, would you have him here? Now?

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

You previously told me you were not going to answer a hypothetical question as to whether you'd have Mouriunho here, because he wasn't available.  He is now available, would you have him here? Now?

There is zero chance of Mourinho coming to the Championship and Blackburn Rovers. 

If you honestly think we have even 1% chance of appointing him then I don't know what planet you are living on. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

There is zero chance of Mourinho coming to the Championship and Blackburn Rovers. 

If you honestly think we have even 1% chance of appointing him then I don't know what planet you are living on. 

I'm currently living on planet earth, but one day I hope to live on planet Mars. Who gave Leeds a chance of getting Bielsa?

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I've given up trying to guess Venkys expected actions.

Would you have Mourinho here or not?

Mourinho ain't coming here full stop. Venkys ain't paying those wages

If you want to keep dreaming that he is then I would question your sanity

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mourinho ain't coming here full stop. Venkys ain't paying those wages

If you want to keep dreaming that he is then I would question your sanity

I would if I were Venkys. Sounds to me like you're not prepared to pay what's necessary to secure success. And yes, I am assuming Mourinho being here would guarantee promotion.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? 

Are you expecting Venkys to pay 6 million pounds for our next manager?

I suspect he's on more than that to be honest Chaddy.

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I would if I were Venkys. Sounds to me like you're not prepared to pay what's necessary to secure success. And yes, I am assuming Mourinho being here would guarantee promotion.

I'm speculating here but I wonder if Celtic will approach him. It would be the biggest club he would get a job at now.

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I just dont see it happening in a month of Sundays. 

You are want dream about it happening then fair enough

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I suspect he's on more than that to be honest Chaddy.

I'm speculating here but I wonder if Celtic will approach him. It would be the biggest club he would get a job at now.

Biesla is on around 6 million I believe. 

Celtic are in advanced talks with Eddie Howe. Roy Keane was in talks aswell but not gone further 

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Could Celtic afford him? I can see Klopp going to Celtic.

Why is Klopp going to leave Liverpool? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Celtic are in advanced talks with Eddie Howe. Roy Keane was in talks aswell but not gone further 

Roy Keane has never been in the frame for the Celtic job, and I'm not sure whether Howe is or not - if he is you would have to wonder why they haven't appointed him yet?

I heard that Dyche is on their radar but wanted to stay and make sure the Dingles stayed up first?

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Roy Keane has never been in the frame for the Celtic job, and I'm not sure whether Howe is or not - if he is you would have to wonder why they haven't appointed him yet?

I heard that Dyche is on their radar but wanted to stay and make sure the Dingles stayed up first?

Widely reported that Keand has been in for talks with Celtic and their broad. But overlook for Howe

Howe has been in talks for days from media reports. In talks over staff, budgets and targets

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Widely reported that Keand has been in for talks with Celtic and their broad. But overlook for Howe

Howe has been in talks for days from media reports. In talks over staff, budgets and targets

"Widely reported" doesn't make it true Chaddy. Roy Keane has absolutely zero qualifications for that job, other than being Irish and (albeit briefly) an ex- Celtic player.

I hope you're right about Howe, I think he'll be a good fit for Celtic if he can get used to the goldfish bowl nature of being their manager.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

"Widely reported" doesn't make it true Chaddy. Roy Keane has absolutely zero qualifications for that job, other than being Irish and (albeit briefly) an ex- Celtic player.

I hope you're right about Howe, I think he'll be a good fit for Celtic if he can get used to the goldfish bowl nature of being their manager.

I know for a fact Keane was spoken too on more than one occasion about the Celtic job.That isn't from the media either.