BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

At last Mowbray speaks the truth! In today’s LET he states he is transparent as a manager! He is right we can see right through him😂😂

He probably does think he speaks the truth, problem is the truth changes week to week when he contradicts himself depending which way the wind is blowing

12 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Does anybody still believe Mowbray will be sacked, he seems to have dropped his hissy fit he'll be hear next season and beyond

He's still trying to get messages to the owners in every single interview he does. That doesn't suggest to me that he feels safe and I am still confident there'll be a parting of the ways. 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2021 at 20:23, PeteJD13 said:

Does anybody still believe Mowbray will be sacked, he seems to have dropped his hissy fit he'll be hear next season and beyond

Yes I think he will be gone based on results after being backed financially this season. He is still trying to communicate with the owners through the media

I genuinely believe there will be a mutual parting of the ways at the end of the season. I also suspect Ainsworth is holding out for the Rovers job too. He has been strongly linked to the vacant Preston job but no appointment made. Not saying he will get it but I think he wants to give himself a chance of the job he craves. 

• Like 4

Some ambition would be nice. 

Just something people can believe in.

Not sure replacing Mowbray with Wycombe's manager shows that, but I suspect they'll make such a mess of this from here that he'll end up looking like a great appointment compared to the more likely alternative of keeping Mowbray.

On 19/04/2021 at 21:05, darrenrover said:

What about Jose Mourinho? ......

The new ‘King Kenny’!

’Mourinhio’s Blue and White Army’ has a certain ring to it!

Come on Venkys, forget Ronaldhino and the like, show some real ambition!.....

Yesterday's man is Mourinho. A failure now at several clubs. Hasn't got it anymore.

Sqeezes the life out of players in much the same way TM does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucimo said:

I genuinely believe there will be a mutual parting of the ways at the end of the season. I also suspect Ainsworth is holding out for the Rovers job too. He has been strongly linked to the vacant Preston job but no appointment made. Not saying he will get it but I think he wants to give himself a chance of the job he craves. 

I'll ask him when I next see him, as I see him about pretty regularly.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Yesterday's man is Mourinho. A failure now at several clubs. Hasn't got it anymore.

Sqeezes the life out of players in much the same way TM does.

Perhaps but so was Kenny at the time?!

Of preference, I’d still go for Sparky!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think KMD ended up that way, but he was still in his prime when we got him. At that point he had never been sacked as a manager and had literally just won trophy-upon-trophy in his previous job.

That said, I think Mourinho would be as big a coup and make similar headlines. I also think he would play in the right way to get promoted. Not sure about Hughes, I absolutely loved him at Ewood as a player and even more so as a manager but they say you should never go back and I can't think of many instances where doing so has worked.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Venkys wouldn't pay his wages so I'm afraid we will never know how he might have gone. He's ruined Spurs so I think that's a good guide.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Said for years that I think Ainsworth will be here at some point and I think it will be this summer.

We approached him a few years back but he wanted to do right by Wycombe, his job is now done there you’d think if the right offer comes along 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Some ambition would be nice. 

Just something people can believe in.

Not sure replacing Mowbray with Wycombe's manager shows that, but I suspect they'll make such a mess of this from here that he'll end up looking like a great appointment compared to the more likely alternative of keeping Mowbray.

I agree wouldn't be my choice but he also might be better than whatever they have on their list. I don't imagine an ambitious move for a wilder or Hughes will be anywhere close.