BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Oh, just a wee FYI, Pasha has blocked me on Twitter...

Heads in the sand this lot. Makes you wonder what the real agenda for the club is...and it certainly doesn't seem to be 'respecting the legacy of Jack Walker and the proud traditions of one of the Football League's founder members' (remember? - that soundbite from the incoming Pune crew all those years ago). Heads in sand has the same effect as holding someone's head underwater - fairly quickly it becomes a struggle for survival and a loss of any focus on the realities other than the next gulp of air..

Maybe you should block him on paying any attention to this shit-show until these arrogant soda feck off. 

Mind you, what did you say to him, as a matter of interest?

Edited by WIR Second Coming
It's time for a change, and change is good, especially if we lose this dud.

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That would be a first. They don’t tend to start looking until there is a vacancy.

Really? Lambert was lined up when Bowyer was binned, Mowbray arrived very quickly after Coyle, Appleton arrived for Berg and of course Kean got the gig as soon as Allerdyce was binned.

The only two that time was taken was when manager's quit in Kean and Lambert.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The agency thing has happen with the last 4 managers so why would Venkys not used them again?.

Well after Kean and Coyle fiascos I rather stick with Mowbray who I trust and has done a good job so far. I like him and he should given the season. If top 6 isnt achieve then we do a review and see where we go there. 

If you give me a guarantee that Rovers(venkys) would go through a proper recruitment process to recruit our new manager then fair enough. But has we have seen with past recruitment process of Kean, Berg, Appleton, Lambert and Coyle anything is possible with our owners. It's a massive issue and one that's cannot be ignored. 

Berg was appointed cos it's the only names the 3(Shebby, Shaw and Agnew) of them could agree on. 

Appleton's appointment came left field. 

Lambert and Coyle appointments came through our agency friends

Mowbray was appointed. Paul Senior told me via Email he pick him to become manager here. But he is another client of the agency. 

I absolutely despite Venkys, deplore when anyone defends them and have absolutely no faith or trust in them so I totally get your fears.

I just know from a personal perspective that if I ever get to the point whereby I embrace a manager whom I believe is stagnating and unable to meet the expectations for a second season running, with the same flaws proving problematic, and still endorsing him to stay on out of pure fear of the resulting manager overseeing a reign of terror, then I probably will question my own enthusiasm at that point. Its not something I can get behind. I feel like he has taken us as far as we can go, we are now regressing, I wont defend him just because someone else could be worse.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I absolutely despite Venkys, deplore when anyone defends them and have absolutely no faith or trust in them so I totally get your fears.

I just know from a personal perspective that if I ever get to the point whereby I embrace a manager whom I believe is stagnating and unable to meet the expectations for a second season running, with the same flaws proving problematic, and still endorsing him to stay on out of pure fear of the resulting manager overseeing a reign of terror, then I probably will question my own enthusiasm at that point. Its not something I can get behind. I feel like he has taken us as far as we can go, we are now regressing, I wont defend him just because someone else could be worse.

Bingo (bit in bold)

Edited by Stuart

6 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Duncan Ferguson could potentially be an option, he did well now in what two caretaker roles at Everton. 
Would imagine the soft underbelly would not continue under his tenure. Love his passion.

If he had a decent tactician alongside him, that’s not a bad shout.

6 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I thought Mowbray's body language at Huddersfield was that of an unhappy man. Not determined or disappointed or frustrated just unhappy. Anyone who is unhappy in their job won't be performing well. I really hope he does the decent thing and doesn't hang around when he knows it's time to give someone else a go.

Mowbray seems a decent guy and this may well be his main asset as a manager - he creates harmony within the squad becasue the players all like the boss. We all know he's not a tactical genius. It may well be his biggest fault too because he doesn't like upsetting anyone so tries to keep all the squad happy.

One reason he may not resign is that it could well signal the end for Waggott and Venus and Mowbray may not want to jeopardise his friends' positions.  I am sure these things will be on his mind.

I have been lucky enough (!!) to speak to Steve Waggott on a number of occassions and he does not seem to have any real affection for the club - it's just a job to him. He never refers to the club as 'us' or even Rovers. He is a business man and not a football man, he cares about reporting financial improvements to Venky's - the fortunes of Rovers in a football sense are secondary. There is no way he will be considering any change of manager.

But, you never know what is around the corner. For me Ainsworth would be the ideal option because he understands what we, as fans, have been through. He may be able to make Venky's realise the club needs to be run properly and that providing money is not the only thing required of good owners. We need local people with local understanding in position at Ewood. 

It may seem appealing to get Pearson or Bilic to come in but I can see them floundering around in the Venky void for a couple of years before moving on.  Mowbray has the run of the club at the moment and is happy to have no input from above. Other manangers may prefer a different set up.

Ainsworth has had success on the pitch but is obviously untested at a big name club. What he does have is a passion for Blackburn Rovers. I would take the risk and hope that he could start addressing some of the internal issues and build up some trust between the club and the fans once again.  We may have to wait a while though.

I'm not knocking Ainsworth but how much passion for Rovers did Kenny have when he stepped through the door, or Mark Hughes, or Big Sam ?

I'm not bothered how much of a fan they are as long as they can get the buggers to get their fingers out and start winning some games.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not knocking Ainsworth but how much passion for Rovers did Kenny have when he stepped through the door, or Mark Hughes, or Big Sam ?

I'm not bothered how much of a fan they are as long as they can get the buggers to get their fingers out and start winning some games.

100%. If Ainsworth was ever appointed as manager here, the fact that he is a Rovers fan shouldnt come into it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Duncan Ferguson could potentially be an option, he did well now in what two caretaker roles at Everton. 
Would imagine the soft underbelly would not continue under his tenure. Love his passion.

lol@big dunc dealing with this lot,i guarantee half the squad would be gone in a week,probably thrown through a brockhall doorway,just what`s needed tbh🙂

• Like 3

Emotion shouldn't come into it. Nor should doing things the cheapest or easiest way.

I'm sick of us making decisions that affect our future based on them being nice blokes or good lads. I'd rather someone from the opposite side of the world who can drag us forward not languish in the lower leagues forever whilst giving chances to local lads or lower league managers. Small time mentality.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

100%. If Ainsworth was ever appointed as manager here, the fact that he is a Rovers fan shouldnt come into it.

Generally I would agree but Rovers are a special (basket!) case at this moment in time. For me, sorting out the issues at the club is as important as sorting out the performances on the pitch. I think Ainsworth would understand this more than most.

18 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Generally I would agree but Rovers are a special (basket!) case at this moment in time. For me, sorting out the issues at the club is as important as sorting out the performances on the pitch. I think Ainsworth would understand this more than most.

I agree that Ainsworth would fully understand the problems at the club, but does anyone honestly think that Venkys would appoint someone who comes from the same mould as us folk. They would be scared to death that the truth would be laid bare regarding their tenure. Always will be a yes man while they’re at the helm of this rudderless ship. 

He deserves to get to the end of the season. No one could change my mind on that. Were a few wins from getting in the top 6 and a few loses from having a terrible season. 

For the first time since he has been manager I think he is under achieving, but that doesn't destroy all the good will he has from me.

• Like 1