BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see Ainsworth going to PNE myself. 

On Neil replacing Mowbray, Should be interview along with people like Wilder, Hughes, Rowett, Ainsworth and few other names if we have vacancy. 

Still hoping that your info along with @Paul Mani and @oldjamfan1is correct and Mowbray is gone in the summer

Let's be clear - Neil would not be my choice.

However, my relative does have a knack of coming up with information that proves to be correct and he has made me a bob or two on these type of things!!!

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

However, my relative does have a knack of coming up with information that proves to be correct and he has made me a bob or two on these type of things!!!

Fair enough. 

Who would be your choice by interest?

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's got a 0% success so far because he/you said Neil would be taking over from Mowbray 4 months ago. 

Don't think you've quite got that right!

My recollection is that I posted in December (four months ago) that my relative with PNE connections was of the opinion Neil would be the next Rovers' manager.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough. 

Who would be your choice by interest?

Pointless having any choice unless you know what Venky's business plan / strategy is (assuming they have one)!?  It would have to be horses for courses - for example Kenny only came here because he knew Jack would back him big time.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Pointless having any choice unless you know what Venky's business plan / strategy is (assuming they have one)!?  It would have to be horses for courses - for example Kenny only came here because he knew Jack would back him big time.

Thanks for reply Mercer

Just now, Mercer said:

Don't think you've quite got that right!

My recollection is that I posted in December (four months ago) that my relative with PNE connections was of the opinion Neil would be the next Rovers' manager.

I got it very right!

"Spoke again tonight with a relative with close links to PNE and he reckons Alex Neill will be managing Rovers before the window is closed!  The second time within a week I've had this conversation with him" -  You on 10th Jan.

Stay or Go - Blackburn Rovers Fans Messageboard - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

Maybe you meant the summer 'window' 🙄

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d be crying if I was playing for a team that just got relegated irrespective of my loyalty to Rovers.

Yes, I should have quoted the poster who queried why Ainsworth would go to PNE, who seemed unaware he had played there.

He clearly has an affiliation with PNE, though Rovers would be a greater pull.

I still have a hunch that Preston will appoint him. 

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Yes, I should have quoted the poster who queried why Ainsworth would go to PNE, who seemed unaware he had played there.

I reckon Ainsworth has his heart set on the Rovers job. He can probably sense Mowbray is coming to the end of his time here, so won't accept PNE until Rovers have appointed someone else. 

For me, it's between Hughes and Ainsworth and I find Hughes' comments about unfinished business very interesting. 

If I was a bookies I'd be offering 

HUGHES 5/2

AINSWORTH 4/1

NEILL 6/1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I reckon Ainsworth has his heart set on the Rovers job. He can probably sense Mowbray is coming to the end of his time here, so won't accept PNE until Rovers have appointed someone else. 

For me, it's between Hughes and Ainsworth and I find Hughes' comments about unfinished business very interesting. 

HUGHES 5/2

AINSWORTH 4/1

NEILL 6/1

And mowbray to stay 1/16

• Like 4

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

HUGHES 5/2

AINSWORTH 4/1

NEILL 6/1

Just to add, I'm not saying I think he actively wants the job. But I do suspect we'd be his pick of any jobs offered in this league.

Based on 5 mins of one Zoom call last year 😛

My personal preference would actually be Ainsworth, but Hughesy would be my very close second.

• Like 2

To be fair, I am sure that Mowbray and Pasha are getting prepared for the new season. I don't think that Mowbray would know if he is getting sacked, always said they would discuss in the summer with Venkys. They will then make a decision after the meeting, am sure that is how it was done before. So let's see what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Have you had a bet on this ?

42 minutes ago, Craigman said:

To be fair, I am sure that Mowbray and Pasha are getting prepared for the new season. I don't think that Mowbray would know if he is getting sacked, always said they would discuss in the summer with Venkys. They will then make a decision after the meeting, am sure that is how it was done before. So let's see what happens.

Mowbray didn't prepare for last season, why would he prepare for the next

• Like 8

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

That was me, I didn't realise he'd  played for them. Sickened now.

• Like 1

What would it cost for Rovers to replace the current (however ineffective) management set up? I mean, given the penny pinching and cost-cutting approach taken to the Ewood set up, and the fact that TM has a further year on his contract (requiring compensation if terminated early, I presume), plus the potential compensation due to any club whose manager we might have designs upon, might that be a reason for the lack of movement?

Oh, please rid of us this scumly plague that rides our club into oblivion...

• Like 2