BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Callum Davidson is certainly doing himself no harm at all.ย  Maybe we should look at him. Good experience as a number 2 for a long time and now seems to have taken that into being in charge.

Worth being in the mix surely.

A decent outside bet. I stuck a tenner at 25/1 on him getting Preston job though๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1

I've warmed to the idea of Gareth Ainsworth massively. After these painful years the thought of having someone who cares about the club as much as the supporters really does appeal.ย 

However his love for the club brings no guarantees that he would be successful here, but there's no guarantee of success anywhere with anyone.

For those unsure on Gareth's character there's a good number of interviews on YouTube.

Either way surely it's time for a young manager with fresh ideas.

Mowbray OUT

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Songman said:

I've warmed to the idea of Gareth Ainsworth massively. After these painful years the thought of having someone who cares about the club as much as the supporters really does appeal.ย 

However his love for the club brings no guarantees that he would be successful here, but there's no guarantee of success anywhere with anyone.

For those unsure on Gareth's character there's a good number of interviews on YouTube.

Either way surely it's time for a young manager with fresh ideas.

Mowbray OUT

It's time for a good manager with fresh ideas.

• Like 2

I'dย certainly be very open to having Ainsworth - very impressive record with what he has to work with.

ย 

One thing in the against column for me is that he seems to have built his success on having a very direct brand of football, which I'm not against at all on principle but it's very chalk and cheese compared to how we've been playing for the last year or so. Ideally I'd be looking for a manager with a record of playing a possession-based game but more effectively and with a bit of steel defensively. I could see David Wagner going very well for that reason.

Maybe that's harsh on Ainsworth, and to be fair we probably have at least 2/3 players who would benefit with us being more direct anyway.ย 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'dย certainly be very open to having Ainsworth - very impressive record with what he has to work with.

ย 

One thing in the against column for me is that he seems to have built his success on having a very direct brand of football, which I'm not against at all on principle but it's very chalk and cheese compared to how we've been playing for the last year or so. Ideally I'd be looking for a manager with a record of playing a possession-based game but more effectively and with a bit of steel defensively. I could see David Wagner going very well for that reason.

Maybe that's harsh on Ainsworth, and to be fair we probably have at least 2/3 players who would benefit with us being more direct anyway.ย 

I think the entire team would benefit from being more direct. The spectators would .

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Lancashire Post has Ainsworth 6/5 favorite for PNE job with only McAvoy really challanging at 4/1.

I'm sure the paper has some inside info so I guess the job will be his if he wants it.

I'd be absolutely gutted if he goes there.

Might not be a bad thing if Tony is staying at least then he has made a step up from Wycombe and if heโ€™s successful can make the next step up to rovers with more experience ๐Ÿ˜‰

TM doesn't play possession based football though, it is keep ball football. We never penetrant, the movement up top is awful, lack of fluidity and interchange amongst players and so on. We play in our half only, its the kind of football you see in amateur matches. We only have high possession stats for that reason.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Might not be a bad thing if Tony is staying at least then he has made a step up from Wycombe and if heโ€™s successful can make the next step up to rovers with more experience ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know you're only kidding, but it would be utterly depressing and would rub our noses in it even more.

I doubt very much it would be a step up to Rovers after another season or two of Mowbray.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So sad that this thread is so quiet ๐Ÿ˜”

Thatโ€™s my fear as we go into the summer. No games, a lot of people (not on here) will forget about Mowbray,ย how much a change is needed and just how abysmal this season has been. Focus will turn to transfers, whoโ€™s getting a new contract and kids on social media will be drooling over whicheverย PL youngster we borrow next thinking itโ€™s some sort of coup for Blackburn Rovers.ย 

Round and round we go. Depressing.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, frosty said:

Thatโ€™s my fear as we go into the summer. No games, a lot of people (not on here) will forget about Mowbray,ย how much a change is needed and just how abysmal this season has been. Focus will turn to transfers, whoโ€™s getting a new contract and kids on social media will be drooling over whicheverย PL youngster we borrow next thinking itโ€™s some sort of coup for Blackburn Rovers.ย 

Round and round we go. Depressing.

Yes, and I think Mowbray and his crew know this, which is why I expect to see the rumour mill in overdrive early doors.

Already we are seeing it- distraction tactics and sadly it is as easy as that for a lot of people- flood the Telegraph with talk about rebuilds and recruitment and what is going to be done and it takes care of itself.

Mowbray's position not even an issue for discussion.

Then get a few bodies in early and it becomes a question of why get rid of the manager, surely he deserves chance to see how his recruitment gets on and how the season starts?

Then it is the busy run to Xmas before we know it.

ย 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, and I think Mowbray and his crew know this, which is why I expect to see the rumour mill in overdrive early doors.

Already we are seeing it- distraction tactics and sadly it is as easy as that for a lot of people- flood the Telegraph with talk about rebuilds and recruitment and what is going to be done and it takes care of itself.

Mowbray's position not even an issue for discussion.

Then get a few bodies in early and it becomes a question of why get rid of the manager, surely he deserves chance to see how his recruitment gets on and how the season starts?

Then it is the busy run to Xmas before we know it.

Needs at least 10 games.

Nobody else would come to Rovers in any case.

Mid-table Championship is our level anyway. We only got promoted from L1 three seasons ago. We canโ€™t compete with PNE. Dread to think where weโ€™d be without Mowbray.

If it werenโ€™t for Dackโ€™s injury weโ€™d have made those play-offs.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Needs at least 10 games.

Nobody else would come to Rovers in any case.

Mid-table Championship is our level anyway. We only got promoted from L1 three seasons ago. We canโ€™t compete with PNE. Dread to think where weโ€™d be without Mowbray.

If it werenโ€™t for Dackโ€™s injury weโ€™d have made those play-offs.

You talk a load of sh1t. He needs potting

There is a club in the Lowland League in Scotland who have a manager with Rovers connections that the Venkysย could easily sign up to be our next messiah, and we wouldย be very dissatisfied with their choice. We would even want Mowbray back.ย 
My brother in law lives in Kelty in Fife and I am due to visit when lockdown is relaxed so may have to go round to the local football club to dissuade their manager from applying for the Ewood job.ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

Is this what you've been told? ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ