To be fair, I am sure that Mowbray and Pasha are getting prepared for the new season. I don't think that Mowbray would know if he is getting sacked, always said they would discuss in the summer with Venkys. They will then make a decision after the meeting, am sure that is how it was done before. So let's see what happens.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well personally I'm at a clear stage in life. As difficult as Coronvirus has been the 13 month break in football games has simplified things and offered a fresh perspective on football. If it had just

Established Championship club ✅ Recent history of Premier League football ✅ Squad packed with quality, including 2nd highest scorer in the league and a returning Dack ✅ No forced sales

Alex Neil -  Young manager sourced by Norwich from Hamilton - Takes them up via play offs beating their hated rivals along the way.  Can't stay up but then gets sacked when they are 8th in the Champ.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Let's be clear - Neil would not be my choice.

However, my relative does have a knack of coming up with information that proves to be correct and he has made me a bob or two on these type of things!!!

Have you had a bet on this ?

42 minutes ago, Craigman said:

To be fair, I am sure that Mowbray and Pasha are getting prepared for the new season. I don't think that Mowbray would know if he is getting sacked, always said they would discuss in the summer with Venkys. They will then make a decision after the meeting, am sure that is how it was done before. So let's see what happens.

Mowbray didn't prepare for last season, why would he prepare for the next

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Let's be clear - Neil would not be my choice.

However, my relative does have a knack of coming up with information that proves to be correct and he has made me a bob or two on these type of things!!!

He mustn't be telling you so 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Yes, I should have quoted the poster who queried why Ainsworth would go to PNE, who seemed unaware he had played there.

He clearly has an affiliation with PNE, though Rovers would be a greater pull.

I still have a hunch that Preston will appoint him. 

That was me, I didn't realise he'd  played for them. Sickened now.

What would it cost for Rovers to replace the current (however ineffective) management set up? I mean, given the penny pinching and cost-cutting approach taken to the Ewood set up, and the fact that TM has a further year on his contract (requiring compensation if terminated early, I presume), plus the potential compensation due to any club whose manager we might have designs upon, might that be a reason for the lack of movement?

Oh, please rid of us this scumly plague that rides our club into oblivion...

Callum Davidson is certainly doing himself no harm at all.  Maybe we should look at him. Good experience as a number 2 for a long time and now seems to have taken that into being in charge.

Worth being in the mix surely.

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Callum Davidson is certainly doing himself no harm at all.  Maybe we should look at him. Good experience as a number 2 for a long time and now seems to have taken that into being in charge.

Worth being in the mix surely.

A decent outside bet. I stuck a tenner at 25/1 on him getting Preston job though😂

I've warmed to the idea of Gareth Ainsworth massively. After these painful years the thought of having someone who cares about the club as much as the supporters really does appeal. 

However his love for the club brings no guarantees that he would be successful here, but there's no guarantee of success anywhere with anyone.

For those unsure on Gareth's character there's a good number of interviews on YouTube.

Either way surely it's time for a young manager with fresh ideas.

Mowbray OUT

7 hours ago, Songman said:

I've warmed to the idea of Gareth Ainsworth massively. After these painful years the thought of having someone who cares about the club as much as the supporters really does appeal. 

However his love for the club brings no guarantees that he would be successful here, but there's no guarantee of success anywhere with anyone.

For those unsure on Gareth's character there's a good number of interviews on YouTube.

Either way surely it's time for a young manager with fresh ideas.

Mowbray OUT

It's time for a good manager with fresh ideas.

I'd certainly be very open to having Ainsworth - very impressive record with what he has to work with.

One thing in the against column for me is that he seems to have built his success on having a very direct brand of football, which I'm not against at all on principle but it's very chalk and cheese compared to how we've been playing for the last year or so. Ideally I'd be looking for a manager with a record of playing a possession-based game but more effectively and with a bit of steel defensively. I could see David Wagner going very well for that reason.

Maybe that's harsh on Ainsworth, and to be fair we probably have at least 2/3 players who would benefit with us being more direct anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'd certainly be very open to having Ainsworth - very impressive record with what he has to work with.

One thing in the against column for me is that he seems to have built his success on having a very direct brand of football, which I'm not against at all on principle but it's very chalk and cheese compared to how we've been playing for the last year or so. Ideally I'd be looking for a manager with a record of playing a possession-based game but more effectively and with a bit of steel defensively. I could see David Wagner going very well for that reason.

Maybe that's harsh on Ainsworth, and to be fair we probably have at least 2/3 players who would benefit with us being more direct anyway. 

I think the entire team would benefit from being more direct. The spectators would .

Lancashire Post has Ainsworth 6/5 favorite for PNE job with only McAvoy really challanging at 4/1.

I'm sure the paper has some inside info so I guess the job will be his if he wants it.

I'd be absolutely gutted if he goes there.

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Lancashire Post has Ainsworth 6/5 favorite for PNE job with only McAvoy really challanging at 4/1.

I'm sure the paper has some inside info so I guess the job will be his if he wants it.

I'd be absolutely gutted if he goes there.

Might not be a bad thing if Tony is staying at least then he has made a step up from Wycombe and if he’s successful can make the next step up to rovers with more experience 😉

18 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd be happy if I never saw "possession" based football again after this season.

Just get the thing in the box and score goals.

Same. I don't buy into Mowbrays thinking that its the way to get promoted either.

TM doesn't play possession based football though, it is keep ball football. We never penetrant, the movement up top is awful, lack of fluidity and interchange amongst players and so on. We play in our half only, its the kind of football you see in amateur matches. We only have high possession stats for that reason.

26 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Might not be a bad thing if Tony is staying at least then he has made a step up from Wycombe and if he’s successful can make the next step up to rovers with more experience 😉

I know you're only kidding, but it would be utterly depressing and would rub our noses in it even more.

I doubt very much it would be a step up to Rovers after another season or two of Mowbray.

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So sad that this thread is so quiet 😔

That’s my fear as we go into the summer. No games, a lot of people (not on here) will forget about Mowbray, how much a change is needed and just how abysmal this season has been. Focus will turn to transfers, who’s getting a new contract and kids on social media will be drooling over whichever PL youngster we borrow next thinking it’s some sort of coup for Blackburn Rovers. 

Round and round we go. Depressing.