Jump to content

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, frosty said:

That’s my fear as we go into the summer. No games, a lot of people (not on here) will forget about Mowbray, how much a change is needed and just how abysmal this season has been. Focus will turn to transfers, who’s getting a new contract and kids on social media will be drooling over whichever PL youngster we borrow next thinking it’s some sort of coup for Blackburn Rovers. 

Round and round we go. Depressing.

Yes, and I think Mowbray and his crew know this, which is why I expect to see the rumour mill in overdrive early doors.

Already we are seeing it- distraction tactics and sadly it is as easy as that for a lot of people- flood the Telegraph with talk about rebuilds and recruitment and what is going to be done and it takes care of itself.

Mowbray's position not even an issue for discussion.

Then get a few bodies in early and it becomes a question of why get rid of the manager, surely he deserves chance to see how his recruitment gets on and how the season starts?

Then it is the busy run to Xmas before we know it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well personally I'm at a clear stage in life. As difficult as Coronvirus has been the 13 month break in football games has simplified things and offered a fresh perspective on football. If it had just

Established Championship club ✅ Recent history of Premier League football ✅ Squad packed with quality, including 2nd highest scorer in the league and a returning Dack ✅ No forced sales

Alex Neil -  Young manager sourced by Norwich from Hamilton - Takes them up via play offs beating their hated rivals along the way.  Can't stay up but then gets sacked when they are 8th in the Champ.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, and I think Mowbray and his crew know this, which is why I expect to see the rumour mill in overdrive early doors.

Already we are seeing it- distraction tactics and sadly it is as easy as that for a lot of people- flood the Telegraph with talk about rebuilds and recruitment and what is going to be done and it takes care of itself.

Mowbray's position not even an issue for discussion.

Then get a few bodies in early and it becomes a question of why get rid of the manager, surely he deserves chance to see how his recruitment gets on and how the season starts?

Then it is the busy run to Xmas before we know it.

Needs at least 10 games.

Nobody else would come to Rovers in any case.

Mid-table Championship is our level anyway. We only got promoted from L1 three seasons ago. We can’t compete with PNE. Dread to think where we’d be without Mowbray.

If it weren’t for Dack’s injury we’d have made those play-offs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Needs at least 10 games.

Nobody else would come to Rovers in any case.

Mid-table Championship is our level anyway. We only got promoted from L1 three seasons ago. We can’t compete with PNE. Dread to think where we’d be without Mowbray.

If it weren’t for Dack’s injury we’d have made those play-offs.

You talk a load of sh1t. He needs potting

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a club in the Lowland League in Scotland who have a manager with Rovers connections that the Venkys could easily sign up to be our next messiah, and we would be very dissatisfied with their choice. We would even want Mowbray back. 
My brother in law lives in Kelty in Fife and I am due to visit when lockdown is relaxed so may have to go round to the local football club to dissuade their manager from applying for the Ewood job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

Is this what you've been told? 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is this what you've been told? 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

😉😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

Meat on the bones please.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why bother with your tittle tattle though, Daz? I thought you were a meat on the bones kind of chap....🤷‍♂️

Aye, probably best I don't bother with "tittle tattle" from here on in Sparky...you're right, apologies.

I'll keep the meat on the bones close to my chest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

I don’t need meat on the bone keep posting your info it provides hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dallydally said:

You talk a load of sh1t. He needs potting

And some fell on stony ground

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dallydally said:

You talk a load of sh1t. He needs potting

Those are 'quotes' from LET fans. Not Stuart's opinions at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

Appoint Gareth Ainsworth the day after and then release reasonable season ticket prices the day after that! 

Are you listening Waggott? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Waggott, if you appoint a Hughes/Davidson/Ainsworth type of manager, then release ST prices based on the year the people of Blackburn have had (one of the worst affected areas in the country by Covid), say £300 in JW Upper, £250 anywhere else, you'll guarantee 15k+ fans every game (plus associated monies from shop, bets, pies, pints).

And get rid of your bloody surcharge, you're looking at closer to 20k (more with on-pitch success) per game.

It's not rocket science dude.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I dont think I'd now give up my Sharks season ticket for a Rovers one,  but there are plenty of weekends where I could do both and take in a Clitheroe match too, but not if the surcharge remains, tickets are expensive and especially not if Mowbray remains

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Yes I dont think I'd now give up my Sharks season ticket for a Rovers one,  but there are plenty of weekends where I could do both and take in a Clitheroe match too, but not if the surcharge remains, tickets are expensive and especially not if Mowbray remains

How good is Faf De Klerk? 😍 Best SH in the world for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.