BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

20 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

Hopefully his 2 bosom buddies will follow him out of the door!

What's the terminology?.....by mutual consent.

Meat on the bones please.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why bother with your tittle tattle though, Daz? I thought you were a meat on the bones kind of chap....🤷‍♂️

Aye, probably best I don't bother with "tittle tattle" from here on in Sparky...you're right, apologies.

I'll keep the meat on the bones close to my chest.

7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray will not be manager of Blackburn Rovers FC at Spring Bank Holiday Monday (31st May 2021)

I don’t need meat on the bone keep posting your info it provides hope.

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Appoint Gareth Ainsworth the day after and then release reasonable season ticket prices the day after that! 

Are you listening Waggott? 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Waggott, if you appoint a Hughes/Davidson/Ainsworth type of manager, then release ST prices based on the year the people of Blackburn have had (one of the worst affected areas in the country by Covid), say £300 in JW Upper, £250 anywhere else, you'll guarantee 15k+ fans every game (plus associated monies from shop, bets, pies, pints).

And get rid of your bloody surcharge, you're looking at closer to 20k (more with on-pitch success) per game.

It's not rocket science dude.

• Like 5

Yes I dont think I'd now give up my Sharks season ticket for a Rovers one,  but there are plenty of weekends where I could do both and take in a Clitheroe match too, but not if the surcharge remains, tickets are expensive and especially not if Mowbray remains

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Yes I dont think I'd now give up my Sharks season ticket for a Rovers one,  but there are plenty of weekends where I could do both and take in a Clitheroe match too, but not if the surcharge remains, tickets are expensive and especially not if Mowbray remains

How good is Faf De Klerk? 😍 Best SH in the world for me.

15 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

More wonderous hope, Darren if he's still here on the 1st of June, I will come round your house and set your pants on 🔥

You’d have to travel a fair way in June pal, Biden permitting! 😉😀

It’s my understanding but don’t hold me to a date!

You know how things are with ‘hands off management from afar’! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This manager and CEO have done their best to drum any ambition out of the ownership since we returned to this division.  They've had money to invest in a few players, had wages backing the club itself can';t really afford. Been allowed to surround themselves with mates, drones, analytical staff etc they claimed they needed to make us a top side.

They've had an academy turning out good youth to fill out the squad and had backing for Prem club loanees. All whilst penny pinching on the stadium and pitch and overseeing diminishing crowds before covid.

Basically THEY haven't really delivered so have set out trying to convince everyone it's the clubs/finances/pitches/lack of 100 millions fault.  So we'll just have to operate to their level and damn well be grateful for that.

We are in for a summer of cutbacks, sales, bad start to next season. Then damage done they'll walk or be sacked (in that order) and we'll endure another Coyle scenario.

They say be careful what you wish for to those wanting change. I say back to them the same in their wish to let this lot carry on.

Cracking post.

I for one am excited for change.

I think the taps have been cut off purely for Mowbray as they have now lost trust since the Ayala debarkle.

I reckon whoever takes over will be given the money to spend, but using the analysts recommendations.

• Like 4

At a normal club the funding tap would be turned off for Mowbray after numerous transfer duds and a dire season, but would swiftly be turned back on again to support the next manager who would be given a full summer to work away and construct a squad.

We work back to front in Venky land - everywhere else in football the manager has become less and less powerful and his remit narrowed down to coaching and game management with a hand in recruitment. Here the manager is uber powerful and has influence and power over every department of the club, including the owners themselves, and can basically tell them what the target is and appoint his own CEO.

Backwards.

So when Mowbray does depart I don't expect an appetite from India to back the next man, just like they didn't really back Lambert or Coyle because neither of them 'earned' backing. The only way managers 'earn' backing from Venkys in terms of cold hard cash is by getting on a plane to India and sitting around in their compound waiting for a meeting to persuade them to do it.

So I'm not particularly convinced that whoever comes next is going to have an easy ride here. Even without Venky cash for transfers I still think on wages alone we will be in a decent position with savings to be able to offer loans and free agents good terms and certainly better than many in the Championship.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

How good is Faf De Klerk? 😍 Best SH in the world for me.

He's good but then so are a number of other Sharks players and with Sanderson in charge there seems to be a whole new ambitious mindset. The kind of thing needed at Rovers where they've asked the players what they want to achieve, what their team ethos and identity is and looked at how they achieve it together. 

PS Faf is pretty good at hula hoop too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

He's good but then so are a number of other Sharks players and with Sanderson in charge there seems to be a whole new ambitious mindset. The kind of thing needed at Rovers where they've asked the players what they want to achieve, what their team ethos and identity is and looked at how they achieve it together. 

What about young Matt Sturgess? He was going to be a good un until a bad injury...gone Fylde. 

Was a good footballer Matt.

Edited by Sparks Rover

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

You’d have to travel a fair way in June pal, Biden permitting! 😉😀

It’s my understanding but don’t hold me to a date!

You know how things are with ‘hands off management from afar’! 

I will find you! 👍😉😂

If there is one thing I know from football its this, people talk loads of boll9cks and misinformation is rife.  Its a bit like a soap opera haha.

Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

He's also good mates with my pal Danie Theron! 😉