BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

2 minutes ago, Meesh said:

The article regarding Ainsworth's contract is here. Ainsworth's previous contract ran until 2023, and the new 'long term' contract is rumoured to be until at least 2025.

Even if he's not on heaps of money, it's still four years' worth of salary that Wycombe would be looking at getting from an enquiring club. Even if they agreed on a few years of that salary, there could be other fees involved. Ultimately, I don't think he'd be a cheap appointment when clubs at this level are looking at tightening their belts with the financial aftermath of the last year.

That's my point though - there is likely to be a break clause in there like Kean had. I'd find it unlikely that it would be the balance of his 4 year contract, as you'd assume they'd have to pay that out in full if they terminated his deal early. It's likely that it's 12 months either way. Surely we could afford 12 months of his salary.

This was the wording in Kean's contract:

15 Early Termination

15.1 If the Manager receives an approach for his services whether directly or indirectly from any other club or national association (whether in England or anywhere else in the world) and/or any third party on behalf of such entities during the Fixed Period, he will notify the Owner immediately. 

15.2 In the event that the Manager shall, at any time, wish to be released early from this Agreement the Club shall grant his request only if the Manager, prior to any release, compensates the Club or procures the payment of compensation to the Club by way of liquidated damages in a sum equal to twelve (12) months’ gross basic salary as enjoyed by the Manager at the applicable time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Ah, I see. Good find! So you're right, Ainsworth wouldn't have been unrealistically expensive for anyone to acquire. I suppose it's still money, though.

We wonder managers rarely resign and instead wait to be sacked (or go for mutual agreement).

Exactly that. You very rarely hear of managers resigning these days - it's always mutual consent. 

TM's post match interviews for the last 6 months almost sound like someone who wants to be pushed to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Exactly that. You very rarely hear of managers resigning these days - it's always mutual consent. 

TM's post match interviews for the last 6 months almost sound like someone who wants to be pushed to me.

Not sure I agree. To me he sounds like self preservation mode. The 'reset as though the 3 years don't count', the 'I won't make excuses but then list every excuse', and the most cringe worthy 'the owners are wonderful people' articles are all signs of a man desperate to cling on to his position regardless of how undignified he sounds or how much lies he spouts.

Not sure he wants to get pushed at all. His comments in that vein come off more like a child who can't cope with criticism or challenge and speaks before they think rather than someone looking to get the push. Otherwise we wouldn't have had half the bull he has spouted. 

36 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Thing is if you had to spend money on one thing in the championship a good manager would be it. The difference it makes to a club is huge. It's amazing that some clubs don't realise that. 

Exactly this! It just seems so bloody obvious to me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Exactly this! It just seems so bloody obvious to me.

I don't get it either.

Surely the only way Venky's are ever going to get any kind of return or stop haemorrhaging money is to get the club back into the Premier League.

The easiest way to do that is to find a top quality manager. That's where the biggest difference can be made.

• Like 3

It makes a huge difference everywhere. The difference between Sale Sharks under a decent manager in Steve Diamond and what looks like an excellent appointment in Alex Sanderson is amazing. You win matches youd previously have lost. You hold onto leads you'd previously have lost. You overcome problems on the pitch and players sort things out for themselves mid game because of the confidence an excellent manager gives them. Training ground moves start to appear in matches, and players really play for the team. It's not rocket science. It's just like any other job. Get a really good person at the top and everything else falls into place 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Get a really good person at the top and everything else falls into place 

The manager should be the highest paid at the club for me (possibly barring the odd exceptional player that generates huge amounts of commercial income - a Messi, Ronaldo, Beckham etc).

There can't be many other jobs out there where the staff earn more than the manager they report in to.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

The manager should be the highest paid at the club for me (possibly barring the odd exceptional player that generates huge amounts of commercial income - a Messi, Ronaldo, Beckham etc).

There can't be many other jobs out there where the staff earn more than the manager they report in to.

Most established entertainment industry people. 

15 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Rovers 14/1 for Lampard’s next destination... random 

76062144-5189-488C-903B-ADDF4DFDDC0E.png

I don't know a huge amount about these sorts of markets, but I don't think they're really hinting at much. Probably more a case of them sussing that his next job is likely to be a Championship club (unless he gets offered the job at Palace) and that we're a pretty good candidate for having a vacancy in the near future. 

Would be an interesting choice if there were something in it though. Not sure how I'd feel about it. 

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I don't know a huge amount about these sorts of markets, but I don't think they're really hinting at much. Probably more a case of them sussing that his next job is likely to be a Championship club (unless he gets offered the job at Palace) and that we're a pretty good candidate for having a vacancy in the near future. 

Would be an interesting choice if there were something in it though. Not sure how I'd feel about it. 

He'd keep up Tony's legacy of having some embarrassing defending 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Rovers 14/1 for Lampard’s next destination... random 

76062144-5189-488C-903B-ADDF4DFDDC0E.png

He's proved to be not very good as a manager. He'd fit right in here. 

Can't see us changing managers but if I were Lampard Rovers is the most attractive of the betting options. If it goes south he can blame it on the owners, it's practically a free hit. Anywhere else he would, y'know be judged and have to perform (both from within and externally to the club.)

17 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Looking at the full list of clubs , we seem a odd addition  ,Somebody in Asia shoved a big wedge on it ? 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/frank-lampard/next-club

I'd guess that it's just a very low-traffic market, so odds changing would be hyper-sensitive to pretty small amounts of money.

It reminds me a little bit of 'next party leader' markets for political betting. Hardly anyone bets on that sort of thing until there's an election on, so those that do have a flutter can end up shifting the odds pretty substantially based on small sums and (occasionally) educated guesses. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Frank Lampard is an awful manager.

Bottled it with Derby and Chelsea had heaps of talent and failed.

No thank you.

Lampard at Rovers what qualities will he bring that Venkies May like.

awful manager.  Tick

failed at previous clubs.  Tick

wastes talent.     Tick

Down to the bookies for me tomorrow he’s a shoe in.

I’ll be banking money and living on expensive red ala Mercer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Lampard at Rovers what qualities will he bring that Venkies May like.

awful manager.  Tick

failed at previous clubs.  Tick

wastes talent.     Tick

Down to the bookies for me tomorrow he’s a shoe in.

I’ll be banking money and living on expensive red ala Mercer.

You missed a few other tick boxes. 

Loved by the media irrespective of ability - tick

Likes to utilise top 6 loan kids - tick

Spends big money on strikers he can't get a tune from - tick. 

Ideal candidate if ever there was one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

You missed a few other tick boxes. 

Loved by the media irrespective of ability - tick

Likes to utilise top 6 loan kids - tick

Spends big money on strikers he can't get a tune from - tick. 

Ideal candidate if ever there was one. 

You, me and RoversCltheroe should take over as his agent we’ve just written his CV. He get the job no problem  unless Coyle  reappeared.

• Like 2