BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Turns out he did want to leave Qatar and return to the second division, after 2 years of people saying he was unaffordable/unobtainable.

He is unaffordable and unobtainable as Venkys wouldnt pay what Sheffield United are paying him or the transfer budget he will have there. 

He is leaving Qatar cos his contract is up in a month time. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is unaffordable and unobtainable as Venkys wouldnt pay what Sheffield United are paying him or the transfer budget he will have there. 

He is leaving Qatar cos his contract is up in a month time. 

The point of course is that there was a claim going round that he wouldn't be obtainable for a Championship club and particularly not one in the North of England without substantial investment. Unless the Prince at Sheffield United is suddenly changing his ways they won't be throwing tons of money at it.

If Venkys (apparently billionaires who want us to get promoted) wanted Jokanovic we could have beat Sheff Utd to the chase by lining him up to take over several months ago. 

We haven't done it because they don't want to. Not because Jokanovic wouldn't come. He clearly would if the offer was right. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

The point of course is that there was a claim going round that he wouldn't be obtainable for a Championship club and particularly not one in the North of England without substantial investment. Unless the Prince at Sheffield United is suddenly changing his ways they won't be throwing tons of money at it.

If Venkys (apparently billionaires who want us to get promoted) wanted Jokanovic we could have beat Sheff Utd to the chase by lining him up to take over several months ago. 

We haven't done it because they don't want to. Not because Jokanovic wouldn't come. He clearly would if the offer was right. 

Well the Sheffield United owner has paid his huge salary demands. His wages are suggested to be 2.5 to 4 million per season. Venkys would never pay his wages either so the point is mooted. 

We tried for him before Lambert was appointed didnt we or at least linked with him. 

No guarantees that any Manager would get us promote under Venkys. You know that's Venkys dont work that way and plan months in an advance.

Yet they pump in tens of millions just to plug losses as we amble about in the lower reaches of the second division with mediocre managers...

but shelling out a relatively small percentage of that for a manager that could lead to promotion and negate much of the need to keep throwing money away never seems to be an option? Why?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

Taken from the BBC:

Antonio Conte has left Inter Milan after winning Serie A, Zinedine Zidane resigned from Real Madrid and Tottenham have sounded out Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Winning the Ligue 1 title couldn't keep Christophe Galtier at Lille, Juventus are reportedly close to sacking Andrea Pirlo and bringing back Massimiliano Allegri, while Hansi Flick's departure from Bayern Munich triggered a domino effect in Germany.

The dust has barely settled on the 2020-21 campaign, but already we've seen an unprecedented number of top managers on the move.

Just a shame it's the top managers on the move. What about the sub par to bang average ones?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet they pump in tens of millions just to plug losses as we amble about in the lower reaches of the second division with mediocre managers...

but shelling out a relatively small percentage of that for a manager that could lead to promotion and negate much of the need to keep throwing money away never seems to be an option? Why?

Down to the Venkys making the decisions and who is advising them. One of biggest problem is them trusting a CEO. Very rarely have they. From what we read and hear Venkys are involved in all key decisions and from JB posted before Pasha cant make a decision on the manager future with authority from Balaji. 

Well obviously it’s down to the owners and how they choose to ‘run’ the club.

Their club, and if they want to piss £200 million up the wall from half way around the world as we forever remain in mediocrity thats up to them... but it still doesn’t make any sense from any perspective (accountancy/balance sheet/tax liabilities aside).

Edited by Mattyblue

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Down to the Venkys making the decisions and who is advising them. One of biggest problem is them trusting a CEO. Very rarely have they. From what we read and hear Venkys are involved in all key decisions and from JB posted before Pasha cant make a decision on the manager future with authority from Balaji. 

I see the set up very differently.

They have no intention of appointing and empowering a competent and fully functioning CEO / MD.

They merely ensure a box is ticked to observe Football League regulations by appointing a stooge, who has slightly more authority than the cleaning staff.

The invisible Pasha and Babu have slightly more authority, but are evidently clueless.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I see the set up very differently.

They have no intention of appointing and empowering a competent and fully functioning CEO / MD.

They merely ensure a box is ticked to observe Football League regulations by appointing a stooge, who has slightly more authority than the cleaning staff.

The invisible Pasha and Babu have slightly more authority, but are evidently clueless.

Begs the question what the fook they are doing here though, doesn't it.

What a shambles, what a fustercluck,

What a way to run a club into the ground.

What a difference we were used to

Till the Venkys came to our town.

What I'm wondering, in the meantime

Is it always stuck like this?

What a shambles, what a fustercluck

Why on earth do they take the piss?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Anyone like Jokanovic would come here if Venkys would pay the money.

Bizarrely, Venkys never pay for a good manager and it's been our major on field problem for 10/11 years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Like I've said before, Howe will not come north. 

I know, written more in hope than anything else.  I'm told he had to leave Burnley due to constant nose bleeds as it was too far north for his delicate self.  haha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nobody - nobody - no matter how rich or clueless - buys a business on the other side of the world, in an industry they have no knowledge of - and then allows that business to underachieve and fail and doesn't take steps to sort it because they don't 'trust' someone to run it for them.

I don't think in their eyes they bought a business. They bought a toy, a plaything. When it goes well, they invest, when it goes badly they don't make tough decisions, they lose interest.

We are picked up and put down like they're on the playstation having a game of fifa. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't think in their eyes they bought a business. They bought a toy, a plaything. When it goes well, they invest, when it goes badly they don't make tough decisions, they lose interest.

We are picked up and put down like they're on the playstation having a game of fifa. 

Absolute nail on head, bingo, full house, the truth shall out.

That is exactly the long and short of it and it seems various different ones have a play with it now and again. Mainly the large plonker though and say what you want about the 'bad advice' excuses. There is as much arrogance and ignorance from them as anything else.

Humble my backside, actions speak far louder than words. Since they've been here there's been almost a constant set of V's flicked at the fans. 

They always know better, not because they do but because they can afford to pretend they do.

Useless !

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Like I've said before, Howe will not come north. 

I'm not sure that's still the case, as he was clearly prepared to talk to Celtic and it sounds like it's collapsed due to not being able to put his own backroom team together rather than anything else. Personal situations change as families age. 

However, not a chance in hell he would come to Rovers these days. We aren't the pull that we were pre-Venkys. 

I think Howe is like many footballers , perform better for one club ..

He didn't do a bad job at Burnley and Dyche took them to the next stage ...If I remember right he took a long time to decide to come North and was never happy ...

Bournemouth is his club , he did brilliantly for them and South coast living is a different world to here or Glasgow ...Plus the pressure in Glasgow would be on from day one , something he has never had to experience...

22 hours ago, JHRover said:

I just can't understand this 'trusting' a CEO thing.

It just isn't the real world.

On what planet do billionaire businessmen keep hold of a loss making enterprise and allow it to fail because they don't 'trust' anyone to run it for them?

It's nonsense.

It is also nonsense that you would employ substandard or clueless people - Kean, Waggott, Agnew, Singh - because you do trust them and allow that trust but incompetence to ruin the club.

I could - almost - believe and understand it if they had been at the club for 6 months and were still finding their feet and getting to grips with things and they were new to . But after nearly 11 years I just don't accept, believe or understand it.

Nobody - nobody - no matter how rich or clueless - buys a business on the other side of the world, in an industry they have no knowledge of - and then allows that business to underachieve and fail and doesn't take steps to sort it because they don't 'trust' someone to run it for them.

Loss making ?

That's because you are not a taxation expert in a global business empire where money moves around onshore, offshore and even in brown envelopes from Bradford Western Union. Makes perfect sense to Babu.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Loss making ?

That's because you are not a taxation expert in a global business empire where money moves around onshore, offshore and even in brown envelopes from Bradford Western Union. Makes perfect sense to Babu.

You leave Sam Allardyce out of this 👍

19 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Loss making ?

A lot will never grasp that but it's a drum iv'e been banging since day one. 

They bought something to play with that would also help promote their business into a European market. That more or less failed although they'll have had some benefit from the exposure and alliance.

So plan B is find a handy way to use it on the books whilst keeping it going but not bankrupting themselves either.

I don't think they take money back from it, they don't need to but theoretically they could. That makes a difference and also do they move money through it all above board ?

Again theoretically it's a possibility, so it remains handy to have on the books as long as they can afford it. There is no lost money it's just vast numbers on a vast balance sheet. I don't think they've opened a family bank vault and poured 200 million into oblivion never to be seen again for one min.

I'm amazed anyone would think that, they are not Jack Walker spending his life times gatherings. They are very much still a going concern.

Although most of that 'concern' is left to Rovers fans !

• Like 1