BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

He's going nowhere. Venkys trust him and that means more to them than results on the pitch. We saw it with Kean, Venkys liked him and therefore he was bulletproof regardless of how bad results were. 

TM goes when he wants to go. He will walk eventually, probably not too far into the season if we have a bad start. 

Our owners may continue to pay the bills but they never know which way to turn when a decision needs to be made, so it's just easier for them to stick with the status quo. That's simply because they have no idea about football. 

I have zero interest or excitement for the season ahead. We'll have a worse team than last season and an equally incompetent manager. 

• Like 3

The problem is, I can see us getting off to a reasonable start which will have all the FB fans creaming themselves as to how they were right that we should stick with him. However, as we all know, the next death spiral won't be too far away. Unfortunately, a good start presses the reset button with so many fans that the heat is off.

I hate to say it, but a poor start to the season is our best hope of getting rid now. I haven't felt like this since you know who was here. 😪

• Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 21:17, Madon said:

I guess the main question is who is in charge and are Venkys arsed? 

If Waggott is pulling the strings there isn't a cat in hells chance of Mowbray being potted. 

If it's Suhail then let's see if he's got the bottle or the nous to make a big decision. It's time to step up Pasha. 

@PashaSapss on twitter if anyone wants to make some noise!

I think we know the answers to these questions now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

The problem is, I can see us getting off to a reasonable start which will have all the FB fans creaming themselves as to how they were right that we should stick with him. However, as we all know, the next death spiral won't be too far away. Unfortunately, a good start presses the reset button with so many fans that the heat is off.

I hate to say it, but a poor start to the season is our best hope of getting rid now. I haven't felt like this since you know who was here. 😪

Relegation is on the cards , if Mowbray is still in situ at Xmas ...

Bad start , good start it don't matter ...

We were close to getting stuck in a relegation battle and that was with Armstrong firing and and Elliott in the ranks and after a good start to the season.

Unless something surprising happens and assuming the status quo remains then I fully expect a relegation battle and possible relegation.

You can't operate like we operate and expect much more. A good budget and being able to outspend other clubs might keep heads above water but when that stops and players are sold it will be a downward spiral.

We've seen it all before. Seems lessons haven't been learned. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We were close to getting stuck in a relegation battle and that was with Armstrong firing and and Elliott in the ranks and after a good start to the season.

Take away JR'S penetrative runs and goals too as it looks like he's been looking at getting out.  

Dacks coming back at Christmas, that might help a bit.

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Take away JR'S penetrative runs and goals too as it looks like he's been looking at getting out.  

Dacks coming back at Christmas, that might help a bit.

It isn't the squad that is the problem. It is the way they are being used.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

season ended 3 weeks ago. He should back at the club along with CEO or Senior management team talking to players or their agents or their clubs trying to get deals in or set up deals. 

You really are heartless, Did you not read the interview by ToMo the other week? the strain of being half a world away from his  family, surely you will give him 2 weeks to get there spend a couple of days with his family then the 2 week journey back *

*depending how many rest stops the donkey and cart need, its an epic journey

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's true of last season, if AA.and JR go plus the loanees going back.  We aren't left with much

Keeper : Kaminski, greek lad.

Right back : Nyambe, Pike.

Center-back : Lenihan, Ayala, Carter, Magloire, Wharton.

Left-back : Pickering, Need another.

Right midfield/ winger : JRC, Dolan.

Center-mid : Travis, Buckley, Johnson.

Left midfield/winger : Chapman, need another.

central forward : Gallagher, Brereton, McBride, Dack. 

42 minutes ago, rigger said:

As I said.

4 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I know exactly what you're saying and agree mostly but to be honest i hope they are creaming themselves. It will at least mean we are getting some points on the board because we'll surely need them asap.

The only thing that kept a cushion between us and the bottom spots this season was that early run. The facecreamers don't seem capable of seeing it that way. To them we were great then covid/injuries/pitch kicked in and derailed us. Just a bad spell mid season then we got back to being great again.

Beyond help a lot of the ToMo fanboys maybe the younger ones just can't see it as it really is. The others flat blank refuse to because he's a nice man who saved us from being Bolton...apparently. 

We just need a good start because as we know there'll be some sort of death spiral before long. Resulting in one or no wins in 10 or similar, that goes with the turf with Mowbray.  If we are in the bottom 2 after 10 games that'll set the bar for the entire season under this wet drip. 

Still won't get sacked or walk the only way he'll depart is if the inevitable stick gets too him. No way is he as teflon coated as the rat or as carefree a buffoon as Coyle.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

So could you not pick a reasonable team from that squad. I think I could.

No, the midfield is shot to death. We are going down at this rate. Unless Super Brad can come and get us out of the shyte.

I suppose I could pick a lower half championship team from that lot....oh wait!...👍

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I know exactly what you're saying and agree mostly but to be honest i hope they are creaming themselves. It will at least mean we are getting some points on the board because we'll surely need them asap.

The only thing that kept a cushion between us and the bottom spots this season was that early run. The facecreamers don't seem capable of seeing it that way. To them we were great then covid/injuries/pitch kicked in and derailed us. Just a bad spell mid season then we got back to being great again.

Beyond help a lot of the ToMo fanboys maybe the younger ones just can't see it as it really is. The others flat blank refuse to because he's a nice man who saved us from being Bolton...apparently. 

We just need a good start because as we know there'll be some sort of death spiral before long. Resulting in one or no wins in 10 or similar, that goes with the turf with Mowbray.  If we are in the bottom 2 after 10 games that'll set the bar for the entire season under this wet drip. 

Still won't get sacked or walk the only way he'll depart is if the inevitable stick gets too him. No way is he as teflon coated as the rat or as carefree a buffoon as Coyle.

I wonder why you think, with the team we have that we might start well.   And what's a face creamer?

4 hours ago, rigger said:

It's called a journey......to Division 1.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wonder why you think, with the team we have that we might start well.   And what's a face creamer?

I'm clinging to the hope we add something resembling decent to what is still a good young squad. 

A pun in regards to the alleged Facebookers creaming themselves, no Nivea involved.

It's so early on in the summer, to look at a squad list now and predict the worst is madness. So much can happen over the next month or two that could make things look different.

Davenport missing from the list and I don't see Rothwell going which doesn't make the midfield look so bad. I would like to see a real match winner in there like Mowatt or Hourihane.

Personally I'd play Brereton left again and go for a proven striker with the Armstrong money assuming he does go, if not then it's a case of plugging the gaps.

I think one of the 3 young centre backs will go but I do believe Harwood Bellis will come for another stint.

• Like 1