BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

2 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

And we've seen investment with no sales so perhaps that hinders my "misplaced optimism"

Yes we have seen investment without sales of major players and a fat lot of good that has done us too. Its a long time since I looked at a transfer window with even a modicum of optimism, misplaced or otherwise. Hughes was probably manager, I think.

23 hours ago, Stuart said:

The bit in bold is key. We have a fanbase that will not share a single goal - or even know what that is. There is too much “nobody tells me what to do” and not enough caring about the club.

It could be argued that Blackpool were in a worse state than we are - Venkys are still paying the bills after all - but the outcome has broadly been the same relegation from the PL before settling in the Championship.

As unbelievable as it seems our fall from grace is still ahead of us. When the time comes, will our fans care? Our time came and went and not enough people did. A show of 90% of the fanbase against Kean would have at least sent a message of “don’t mess with us”, instead our message was “yeah, crack on”.

I can vividly remember the vast majority of the stadium (probably 75%) standing up to “stand up, if you want Venky’s Out”, live on Sky, at home to Wigan just after Alcaraz scored.

It did nothing to the chicken chokers’ opinion & there’s never been a show of unity like it since.

As many have mentioned, they’ll never be effected by any form of protest because they simply don’t give a shit. I have no idea what the solution is, but NAPM even with that level of unity probably wouldn’t make a difference, which is highly painful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I can vividly remember the vast majority of the stadium (probably 75%) standing up to “stand up, if you want Venky’s Out”, live on Sky, at home to Wigan just after Alcaraz scored.

It did nothing to the chicken chokers’ opinion & there’s never been a show of unity like it since.

As many have mentioned, they’ll never be effected by any form of protest because they simply don’t give a shit. I have no idea what the solution is, but NAPM even with that level of unity probably wouldn’t make a difference, which is highly painful.

I agree with you. NAPM wouldn't affect them really. 

Really you need a way to affect their  business india, that would get there attention but I've no idea how to do that. 

I always got the impression that lower revenue (NAPM) only impacted the people employed by the club and the playing side of things.

Personally think protesting the current scenario would be a extreme. I’m  frustrated by poor performance last season, but I would say that’s the first full season in the last 4 that I’ve felt like that.

Equally things can change quickly, for better or worse. In terms of the next manager, my choice is still DJ, however my real concern at the club right now is players contracts expiry.

On 02/06/2021 at 07:16, TheRoversReturn said:

If AA's contract is up in 2022, then it makes no sense to lose him for free after the next season. He's hardly going to fire us to promotion to the prem while we have Mowbray in the dugout.

As for where the money will go...who knows? Lack of investment in the squad led us to League One, but then they also allowed TM to blow 12million on BB and Gally. No rhyme nor reason to those lot. 

Lack of investment in the squad did help us to be relegated to league one ...The person in the dugout had more to do with it  , Kean and Coyle ..

Those two relegations were widely tipped by fans before a ball was kicked in August of the respective years ..

Next season , will run a very similar course if Mowbray is still here ...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Really you need a way to affect their  business india, that would get there attention but I've no idea how to do that. 

Totally agree that NAPM would not affect them financially in any significant way.

However, a totally empty stadium with lots of media coverage ( and maybe protests outside the ground ) would be acutely embarrassing and would reflect badly on them. That is our only weapon.

• Like 1

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Totally agree that NAPM would not affect them financially in any significant way.

However, a totally empty stadium with lots of media coverage ( and maybe protests outside the ground ) would be acutely embarrassing and would reflect badly on them. That is our only weapon.

Definitely, it's just sad that a lot of our supporters mainly the FB bunch think Mowbray is the Messiah and Venkys are the best owners.

4 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Quite. I think any concerted action would have to include giving them "a war at home"-lots of negative publicity in India....

The first goal has to be a strategy to engage the majority of supporters in clear aims for any action...And we all know that won't be easy here.

Meanwhile, I am still holding back until we hear something back from Darren Rover and his associates. After 10 years of purgatory, I am prepared to wait a little longer.

• Like 2

We seem to go round in circles with this. Need to step away from our brfcs echo chamber.

We won’t get a protest a la Blackpool under the Oystons, because a lot of the remaining engaged fanbase don’t have an issue with the ownership and not much of one with TM either.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We seem to go round in circles with this. Need to step away from our brfcs echo chamber.

We won’t get a protest a la Blackpool under the Oystons, because a lot of the remaining engaged fanbase don’t have an issue with the ownership and not much of one with TM either.

We won't if we don't try!

Even if it is small numbers involved to start with, momentum will build.

What's the saying? - "Educate, Agitate and Organise"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

This time, it will need clear leadership. No room for big noise, overclaim and non delivery. We just cannot afford another fanfare fiasco like "WAR"....

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Go for it. But if a large percentage of fans don’t agree, in fact they think the owners ‘put more money in than Jack’, then it won’t work. Indeed it will be the protestors themselves that will get the ire.

A totally different situation to where most Blackpool fans were in relation to the Oystons.

Edited by Mattyblue

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I think your right. We won't get enough of the fanbase on board to make it worthwhile.

21 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think your right. We won't get enough of the fanbase on board to make it worthwhile.

For what its worth, should we start the season badly it wont take long for the fans to vent at Mowbray and like ME tell him to do one.

Would not be in the least bit surprised if this fella is here till 2025. His feet are so firmly under the V table he's taken his slippers off and taken root.

God knows where the club will be by then but one million % it won't be the Prem.....or the top 6 Championship.

People were deluding themselves. If you don't get the boot after one win in 15 league games...then, you're obviously not getting the boot.

It also proves yet again that we have no ITK posters anymore. Venky's Rovers is not the beast that BRFC was pre-takeover. Nobody knows what these plonkers will do or why...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

People were deluding themselves. If you don't get the boot after one win in 15 league games...then, you're obviously not getting the boot.

It also proves yet again that we have no ITK posters anymore. Venky's Rovers is not the beast that BRFC was pre-takeover. Nobody knows what these plonkers will do or why...

Probably because they don’t know either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

JRC contract extension, but no photo of Mowbray behind him like the usual contract extension pictures....

Clutching at straws. As if it needed confirming, at the fans forum the CEO confirmed that the owners had confirmed that he is remaining. Plus there is a piece from an interview today. No point getting your hopes up.

Mowbray will be on his post-season holidays, so won't have been around for the photo with JRC. 

Only when he's back from his jollies will things click into gear at Mowbray F.C. once he instructs his subordinates and 'advises' the owners as to what the target is and what needs to happen.

Until then we drift. 

• 1 month later...