BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

Last 3 or 4 managers here, same agency allegedly.

If Mowbray walked they'd have another from the dole through the door. After a prolonged wait just to let the odds perculate to 35-1 of course.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

This thread sadly wont be active for along time yet.

I find Swansea's fans reactions to Cooper interesting, especially compared to Graham Potter. Potter has a wonderful reputation yet his league finishes both at Brighton and Swansea were underwhelming, but hes the stat nerds dream, high expected goals etc, whereas Swansea fans do not like Cooper and his "boring" football despite getting them into the play offs in both seasons.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Isn't Cooper from the same agency? 

Don't know but i do know he wouldn't be a 35-1 shot so no chance he'll end up here. They know they can palm lesser off the scrapheap onto Venkys.

If Cooper is leaving Swansea due to limited funds, being fed up or at the end of his tether then he ain't going to be coming to Venky Rovers for the same and then some.

The remit here is cheap, desperate for a Championship job and grateful to keep it and take whatever crap Venkys feel like handing down.

I think after 2 play off campaigns in 2 seasons of club management he will have better things to do with his time than come here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Isn't Cooper from the same agency? 

Yes. Me and Miller 11 were discussing it on the Championship thread today

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If Cooper is leaving Swansea due to limited funds, being fed up or at the end of his tether then he ain't going to be coming to Venky Rovers for the same and then some.

Cooper is leaving for a number of reasons which was outlined in an article in the Athletic online paper. Have you seen it? 

Just in case you haven't I will outlined it for you. Cooper's working relationship with the CEO isn't a good one and not like the one he had with Trevor Birch before he left, Fed up with having to sell key players and this summer Cooper was being forced to sell Grimes and Roberts this summer, failing to backed him last January to sign Woodrow from Barnsley, more financial cutbacks this summer. So Cooper has had enough now. 

Mowbray has been financial back for the last 3 seasons and without having to sell any key players and given over 15 million pounds for transfers plus wage backing to sign free transfers and loan players

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'd say they are waiting to give Mowbray a new deal. A good start after 10 games and he will get one and the usual suspect(s) on here will be saying he suddenly deserves it and that we should all just shut up and get behind the lads FFS 

Genuinely think you might be right on that one.

I don’t have much faith that we will have a good start though to be honest. In fact I think i think we will struggle.

• Like 1

If we do get off to a bad start at least the fans displeasure will be heard, not that I think that would make a difference to Venkys when it comes to making a decision but if Mowbray is getting it from a large section of the crowd he might walk away .Only way I can see him leaving before season end .I am of the opinion he is delusional and thinks he is doing a good job.

The scary thing Is looking at other social media he seems to retain a quite a bit of support amongst supporters

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we do get off to a bad start at least the fans displeasure will be heard, not that I think that would make a difference to Venkys when it comes to making a decision but if Mowbray is getting it from a large section of the crowd he might walk away .Only way I can see him leaving before season end .I am of the opinion he is delusional and thinks he is doing a good job.

Too many happy clappers down Ewood, won't hear any dissent for a long time.  Too many tutters. 

Mogadon isn't delusional by any means. He's a limited manager who has surrounded himself with allies over the last 3 years. I'd say he's feathered his nest all nice with swags and tails. He knows the owners are delusional 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone tweeted that they've heard from various sources that Mowbray has the first 6 games and they have someone lined up to takeover.

Sounds highly Venky-esk if you ask me.

I'm going to guess its nonsense, feel like we have heard it all before.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone tweeted that they've heard from various sources that Mowbray has the first 6 games and they have someone lined up to takeover.

I got told the same but took it with a massive pinch of salt, allegedly one of the players has said it.

40 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This tweet

Screenshot_20210802-100708_Twitter.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers

Doubt it's true (if there's somebody who'd actually be prepared to sack him, how on earth did it not happen last season?) but even if it is, you know that even if we got a good points return from the six games there's still zero chance of us finishing higher than mid-table under Mowbray and the next death spiral is never far away. So just fire him right now and get it over with.

Tell me we're not reduced to considering tweets from someone known as 'White Boy Rick'!

It's actually no surprise that fans are desperate for SOMETHING to change. All fans accept that all managers have a shelf-life but the logical extension that the end might be near seems to cause so much controversy and denial with some of us. If Watford are one extreme, we certainly seem to have become the other. Oh to be normal once again...

• Like 1