BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Facebook has a fuck of a lot to answer for.

Im sorry the infestation is arriving here

The fewer posts they have, the more controversial they are.

Its almost like they are trolling for a response......🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wood26 said:

So replace Nyambe, Williams, Lenihan (Internationals), Ayala, Bell, Douglas, Wharton.

Our budget was 1.3 million remember. All gone.

No manager is replacing that, on zero budget in January.

So let Mowbray see the season out.

Or don't replace anybody and let a new, better manager get more out of the players he's got. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wood26 said:

So replace Nyambe, Williams, Lenihan (Internationals), Ayala, Bell, Douglas, Wharton.

Our budget was 1.3 million remember. All gone.

No manager is replacing that, on zero budget in January.

So let Mowbray see the season out.

Then bring in a manager who improves defenders and can organise a solid back line.

10 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Whats nice guy Tony about? He booted out player favourites Smallwood and Mulgrew. He got rid of Raya. He sent Chapman packing. 

We are still paying most of Mulgrew's wages as we did last season thanks to Tony giving him a 2 year contract extension yet in those 2 years he has played just 2 games for the club. Richie Smallwood was given a extra years extension and in that year never played a first team game, he even gave him an extra 6 week contract to see out the end of last season even though he was never going to play.

Sent Chapman packing? He signed him twice. You talked about our small budget well it's no wonder it's so small when the manager so recklessly spends the clubs money on players who aren't good enough.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Its great to pop on and see who is good/great at playing Championship Manager.

This thread is like modern societies impulsive desires, lack of patience and immediate gratification culture all rolled into one.

Pathetic. 

I'm not sure if you have had a look at the club's finances but the only thing that is going to sort them out is immediate promotion to the Premier League otherwise the future is very bleak. It is unsustainable to lose the amount that we are losing whilst plodding along in mid table of the second tier preaching patience. 

Also as we have seen previously the owners will only fund a push for promotion for a few years before a fire sale begins. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

This thread is like modern societies impulsive desires, lack of patience and immediate gratification culture all rolled into one.

Pathetic. 

So stay away!

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Pathetic. 

...He's in is 3rd season in the Championship with us and has stagnated in each of those years (with 5 transfer windows to put it right). Nobody seems to particularly think ill of him, they just think the time is right for fresh ideas.

I'm of the same opinion. If we're miserable again come the season end, we should change, but personally believe the time to change is before the spiral starts (now).

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

He was appointed in February 2017. Literally every other manager who was in the championship then is no longer with that club. He's had longer than the other 23 managers who were in the championship when he was appointed.

This thread might be a lot of things, but it neither reveals a lack of patience nor an immediate gratification culture at all. That's just not right. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

...He's in is 3rd season in the Championship with us and has stagnated in each of those years (with 5 transfer windows to put it right). Nobody seems to particularly think ill of him, they just think the time is right for fresh ideas.

I'm of the same opinion. If we're miserable again come the season end, we should change, but personally believe the time to change is before the spiral starts (now).

Without checking, and I mean that as I will be easily proven wrong if its untrue. But haven't we improved on points, gf and ga in each of the last 3 seasons.

I've only seen improvement  regarding the squad, bringing thru academy players although admittedly the same defensive mistakes continue.

This is the first time I feel he is underachieving and I can only feel that because he has bought well overall. 

I feel its only morally right now dack and travis is back to give him until the end of the year.  There is no point coming up with hyperthetical if we lose x or win x. We are where we are. 

8 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

No you misunderstand. I said its great. Makes me laugh. Its amusing. I don't get angry at peoples opinions.  My opinion is as irrelevant as yours and theirs. I wouldn't ever suggest people stay away. Reveals your howyour mind works. 

I didn't say you did get angry, more contemptuous. If you get pleasure from slagging off your fellow supporters--carry on. I'll know not to read it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Haven't we improved our league position/point total every season we've been in the Championship?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

He was appointed in February 2017. Literally every other manager who was in the championship then is no longer with that club. He's had longer than the other 23 managers who were in the championship when he was appointed.

This thread might be a lot of things, but it neither reveals a lack of patience nor an immediate gratification culture at all. That's just not i

I understand why people want him sacked, although I think it highlights their character. Your entitled to disagree.

But sacking TM because every other manager has been sacked is nonsense.  You can't make broad accusations like that.

Every club is different, regarding players  budgets, aspirations,  I think we are slowly improving. 

Someone early raised the point that our better players will be gone before our defense is sorted. That's a legitimate point in my view.

13 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Without checking, and I mean that as I will be easily proven wrong if its untrue. But haven't we improved on points, gf and ga in each of the last 3 seasons.

I've only seen improvement  regarding the squad, bringing thru academy players although admittedly the same defensive mistakes continue.

This is the first time I feel he is underachieving and I can only feel that because he has bought well overall. 

I feel its only morally right now dack and travis is back to give him until the end of the year.  There is no point coming up with hyperthetical if we lose x or win x. We are where we are. 

19/20 - 63pts, 66 GF, 63 GA

18/19 - 60pts, 64 GF, 69 GA

Some improvement, although marginal. 

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We've conceded 27 in 23 games so if that rate is maintained will concede 54 this season.

Coyle did nothing better.

If we keep going it will be our best defensive season in this league under Mowbray,  but it will still be way too many to get promoted.  So, I say get shut now.  

Edited by Sparks Rover

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If we keep going it will be our best defensive season in this league under Mowbray,  but it will still be way too many to get promoted.  So, I say get shut now.  

I think the losses column is more telling than GA column to be honest Sparks.

I understand why some want Mowbray sacked, if you can't beat Sheff Weds at home on the back of the season they've had you're going to struggle, we were extremely lucky against Rotherham also, it doesn't look good for our chances of a play off spot.

I said he needs time in this league, his players need time to adapt to this league and he's now had that time and despite gradual improvements he's not going to take this side to the next level.

All that said, we can't compete with the likes of Watford, Swansea, Norwich, Brentford or Bournemouth, all clubs enjoying the trappings of recent flirts with the Premiership, in Brentford's case massive transfer fees, big wages, refreshing the squad year on year, so that leaves 1 spot on that basis.

Reading this thread the alternatives to Mowbray are either pie in the sky or perennial failures, for now I think I'd stick and hope for the best.

• Like 1