BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone tweeted that they've heard from various sources that Mowbray has the first 6 games and they have someone lined up to takeover.

Sounds highly Venky-esk if you ask me.

I hope he is getting sacked but it would make absolutely no sense to sack him 6 games in after giving him the summer window and preseason. 

Also, what if he won all 6?

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I hope he is getting sacked but it would make absolutely no sense to sack him 6 games in after giving him the summer window and preseason. 

When Senior get the ok to sack Coyle - just after the transfer window closed wasn't it? 

Think it is bollxx but Venkys and Logic are mutually exclusive

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone tweeted that they've heard from various sources that Mowbray has the first 6 games and they have someone lined up to takeover.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

More desperate gossip which will no doubt have zero substance to it.

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Wish they'd get a shift on, after various rumours I heard at the end of last season and again in the close season I bet my mate's son £20 that Mowbray wouldn't be here by the first day of the new season. Looks like I'll be paying out.

On a more serious note of course it makes zero sense to wait and keep him and Waggott in situ all summer, put pressure on them by cutting off funding then sack them six games into the summer as that's putting this season in severe jeopardy.

We'll see I suppose. The squad is now so weak I don't think they would be capable of pulling out a few results to save Mowbray's neck as they always seem to have managed to do in the past.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wish they'd get a shift on, after various rumours I heard at the end of last season and again in the close season I bet my mate's son £20 that Mowbray wouldn't be here by the first day of the new season. Looks like I'll be paying out.

On a more serious note of course it makes zero sense to wait and keep him and Waggott in situ all summer, put pressure on them by cutting off funding then sack them six games into the summer as that's putting this season in severe jeopardy.

We'll see I suppose. The squad is now so weak I don't think they would be capable of pulling out a few results to save Mowbray's neck as they always seem to have managed to do in the past.

4 Wins  1Draw 1 Lose incoming ..

The truth is out there ........

What are the chances? I've been on the site reading the rumours, reports, speculation constantly for the last few days, from despair to delight to resignation.

Hope something, anything, happens soon.

10 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sounds like total BS to me. 

Of course if he is sacked after a poor start 6 games in ,they wil claim to be ITK

Why 6 games ?  Win 3 lose 3 in no particular order then it's a 50% success rate which is pretty standard.

Lose and draw 5 in no order and win the 6th 5-2 then it's oh he's turned it around then it becomes 10 games, christmas, window etc.

All pointless, just sack him now or let him get on with it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Whilst I don't believe he only has 6 games, I do believe that whenever the day comes that he  decides to walks away that his successor is already lined up.

It will be the latest desperado from the same agency.

• Like 9

I think the sum total of it will be that if/when a vacancy arises, either because Mowbray packs it in or because someone eventually persuades Venkys to pull the trigger (far too late like with Coyle) then it will be the usual confusion. What do we do next, where do we go, who do we turn to. 

So they pick up the phone to the hired help and ask them to bring someone in who will be cheap and delighted to have a job at a club like this. Suggest a few names etc.

Usually that will mean someone off the scrapheap e.g. Mowbray or Coyle. Sometimes might get lucky if the timing is fortunate and someone decent is on the lookout - at the time Lambert and Warnock was receptive to it we know that - but if those people wind up here and Venkys muck them around it won't last and then the cycle repeats.

So the choice seems to be between the desperados grateful for a job who will play the Venky game and dance to their tune - or those willing to come here but not desperate to who won't put up with nonsense and will go elsewhere if they don't get backing and sensible decisions.

Edited by JHRover