BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I don't know much but from the little I've heard the players are happy with TM, there's always players not happy when not starting but that's all clubs

The other thing I will say is I can't see TM going anytime soon, the reason being more than anything, players out of contract, the club don't need reasons for players to want out and changing managers when so many deals need to be sorted could be used by players to not renew and run contracts down and leave for free especially the so called assets 

Reckon Nyambe signs an extension? Along with Rothwell and JRC?

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

glad we`re winning but you can`t even imagine getting in the top six playing like this,a good job birmingham are terrible

Honestly though, looking at the lineup at half 2 I almost didn't bother watching this because I was expecting a disaster.

Two left-backs, one centre-half, three centre-mids, a winger in midfield and a target man on the wing (again!).  What kind of performance do you expect when the team is football's answer to Frankenstein's monster?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Jordan Rhodes used to get a lot of abuse too because he used to (only)score loads of goals. :lol: 

🤣

Personally I was never convinced by Brad Friedel.  I mean, all he ever did was make great saves.  One goal in all those appearances?  How did he last so long?

Edited by New Jeru
  • Like 8

Gavin Ward gavin warding the game- total rubbish.

Rovers looking rusty and out of confidence have persuaded a totally rubbish Brum they are a football team after all.

Travis rusty, Johnson no centre half, Bell dozy, Brereton going backwards, Elliott not at the races, Gallagher showing moments, Armstrong couldn't have so many gilt opportunities without scoring.

Made for Dack but I am afraid Mowbray won't be in their ears enough and Brum will come out charged up.

Not won by any means when we should be well ahead.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

It's football but not as we know it!

TBH, watching Rovers, to me, is so feckin depressing.

Now a toss up as to whether I go for a walk (lots of folk seem to be having fun in the snow and can see a couple of fire pits glowing) or whether I open a red to console myself!

A walk ?? In the snow ?? Bottle of red ??another ?? ... Search party required later for Mercer!

ps ..make sure you leave your phone with Mrs M ..i love her optimism ...

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Lads the Arma critism is staggering to me. He obviously misses chances at times but he is having a great season, I even think he overall game has improved. In a team that could defend he would fire us to promotion. 

The "he isn't this or that" argument is pointless. What he is right now is a very good championship striker scoring alot if goal for Rovers. Well done Adam on yet another goal👍

Do you think he has more improving to do? That's literally all anyone was saying or anyone wants. If you and others think he is the finished article, then fair enough. I don't. I think there is much more to come from him. 

• Like 1

Armstrong back on the goalscoring trail after a mini drought and as ever our primary threat in attack. When he goes he will be nigh on impossible to replace.

Brereton very poor so far, Gallagher not a winger, Elliott involved but a bit loose, Travis rusty, Davenport mixed. Bell all over the shop (was that a penalty before we countered and scored?) whereas Douglas has been very good. Johnson an absolute bomb scare in defence against a dreadful Birmingham side.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong back on the goalscoring trail after a mini drought and as ever our primary threat in attack. When he goes he will be nigh on impossible to replace.

Brereton very poor so far, Gallagher not a winger, Elliott involved but a bit loose, Travis rusty, Davenport mixed. Bell all over the shop (was that a penalty before we countered and scored?) whereas Douglas has been very good. Johnson an absolute bomb scare in defence against a dreadful Birmingham side.

Hey steady on, he's not Alan Shearer! We replaced Rhodes didn't we 🤣

• Backroom

The reason Armstrong's selfishness is such a problem is because we concede so often tbh. If he gets on the scoresheet but then fails to set up a couple of golden opportunities to score it can be the difference between losing 2-1 and winning 3-2. Not Arma's fault Mowbray can't organise a defence to save his life, but it's part of the reason we're stuck in mid table despite having one of the best goalscorers in the division.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reckon Nyambe signs an extension? Along with Rothwell and JRC?

Same here, the other thing most don't know and is never in the press LT is that Rothwell and JRC have 12 month options in the clubs favour, there's a little breathing space there

Just now, DE. said:

The reason Armstrong's selfishness is such a problem is because we concede so often tbh. If he gets on the scoresheet but then fails to set up a couple of golden opportunities to score it can be the difference between losing 2-1 and winning 3-2. Not Arma's fault Mowbray can't organise a defence to save his life, but it's part of the reason we're stuck in mid table despite having one of the best goalscorers in the division.

His selfishness is a problem because he probably converts 1 in 5 chances. However, 2 of those chances he'd be better laying off to a teammate for an easier shot on goal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Cracking Mowbray signing Arma 😉

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

His selfishness is a problem because he probably converts 1 in 5 chances. However, 2 of those chances he'd be better laying off to a teammate for an easier shot on goal.

Succinctly put. It's not complicated

There is being selfish and there is being ridiculous. When he figures that out he will be in the PL, probably before that even 

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

It wouldn't matter if we built from the back like almost every successful team does. Armstrong is not the root problem, just as Rhodes and Gestede weren't when we failed to get into the playoffs during Bowyer's tenure.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

It wouldn't matter if we built from the back like almost every successful team does. Armstrong is not the root problem, just as Rhodes and Gestede weren't when we failed to get into the playoffs during Bowyer's tenure.

I don't think 1 person ever said he was the root problem. Just pointed out the issues with his game. Yet that appears to invoke strong reactions in many. 

• Like 1