BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think 1 person ever said he was the root problem. Just pointed out the issues with his game. Yet that appears to invoke strong reactions in many. 

Bashing Armstrong is fine if that's what people want to do, but much like when Rhodes used to consistently get flack it's missing the bigger picture. Armstrong missing chances is annoying, sure, but nowhere near as annoying as having a defence that can't defend and a manager who has no idea how to set up a team to consistently play well. Sort those things out and perhaps we have a better balance, less reliance on one player scoring (and less focus on said player missing chances), and no need to score 3 every match to feel somewhat confident of getting a win. 

• Like 3

Amazing how bad both teams are at the basics.

Both in poor form but it looks like the pitch is playing a big part too.

When I saw the lineup I feared the worst but Travis has looked fit enough, Douglas has played a lot better at RB than he ever has at LB for us, and Johnson had not positionally played CB very well but has got away with it.

Birmingham in first half we're unspeakably bad. Better on second though.

Just now, DE. said:

Bashing Armstrong is fine if that's what people want to do, but much like when Rhodes used to consistently get flack it's missing the bigger picture. Armstrong missing chances is annoying, sure, but nowhere near as annoying as having a defence that can't defend and a manager who has no idea how to set up a team to consistently play well. Sort those things out and perhaps we have a better balance, less reliance on one player scoring (and less focus on said player missing chances), and no need to score 3 every match to feel somewhat confident of getting a win. 

I don't see anybody "bashing him"? The defence is discussed in great detail. People just also want to discuss Armstrong. I don't see the issue or why it riles people up? 

With Rhodes the issue was around his athleticism. Personally always really liked Rhodes. His consistent goal scoring record speaks for itself. If Armstrong ever starts hitting those numbers consistently, I doubt anyone will be saying anything about him. 

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Don't think the EFL will be using this game to promote the Championship , worldwide.

One thing fat Sam has had throughout his managerial career is accusations that his teams play crap football. By and large it is dreadful but results justify it. Rovers are playing equally crap football just a different type. Lions share of possession in our own half going backwards and sideways before someone lumps it forward. This is grim but not the worst I’ve seen  

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Using Rhodes as an example isn’t a great idea DE. He can’t get a game anywhere because of his failings.

As for Armstrong, if he wants to improve as a player for the benefit of himself and the team, then there’s certainly room for it. Is that not just common sense?

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

One thing fat Sam has had throughout his managerial career is accusations that his teams play crap football. By and large it is dreadful but results justify it. Rovers are playing equally crap football just a different type. Lions share of possession in our own half going backwards and sideways before someone lumps it forward. This is grim but not the worst I’ve seen  

More to do today with both teams , players falling over, running into brick walls, crap passing, lots of hoofing, just needs a dog to run on and have a shit in the middle of the pitch , and you would think its was a Blackburn combination bottom of the table clash up Blacksnape :)

• Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see anybody "bashing him"? The defence is discussed in great detail. People just also want to discuss Armstrong. I don't see the issue or why it riles people up? 

With Rhodes the issue was around his athleticism. Personally always really liked Rhodes. His consistent goal scoring record speaks for itself. If Armstrong ever starts hitting those numbers consistently, I doubt anyone will be saying anything about him. 

Considering how Rhodes was criticised by a fair few posters until the day he left I doubt it tbh. 

Some posts on Arma go way OTT imo - not saying you do, for the record, but some ridiculous comments posted at times.

Lenihan is a far bigger problem at the moment. Has regressed to a League 1 player. Contributes nothing and makes me nervous every time he's involved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

disapointed with davenport,he`s not really made an impact

The game is bypassing the midfield. Both teams are just lumping it - we've had ample opportunity to play it inside to our CMs when in possession out wide, but we're trying World Cup balls instead. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Considering how Rhodes was criticised by a fair few posters until the day he left I doubt it tbh. 

Some posts on Arma go way OTT imo - not saying you do, for the record, but some ridiculous comments posted at times.

Lenihan is a far bigger problem at the moment. Has regressed to a League 1 player. Contributes nothing and makes me nervous every time he's involved.

League 1? He would be doing well. I was screaming for him to be captain,now I think it would be easier if he wasn't. That's if we even had another option