BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

How about this defending today? The biggest surprise I’ve had all season is today’s defense

Probably more the very good fortune that defence came up against a side without a goal for 345 minutes of football. That said I’m stunned that lot kept a clean sheet.

On paper that’s still the worst back 4 I can recall. If anyone can think of a worse one I’ll happily stand corrected. 

• Backroom

You've got to say that Birmingham are looking at relegation after watching that. Failing to lay a glove on our makeshift defence points to major problems. They're as bad as Wycombe were when we smashed them, maybe worse, our team is just weaker now than it was then. 

Referee's performance was abysmal across the board. Should not be officiating at this or arguably any level. I rarely comment on referees but this one was really, really bad. 

Pleased for Dack and great play by Dolan to set him up. Gally will still be back on right wing next game though.

I don't take much away from this other than thinking we're still set for mid-table and Birmingham will do well to avoid the drop. Relieved that Travis came through the match in one piece, seemingly, and that Dack is back in the goals. 

• Like 4

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Unexpected positives with both Dack and Travis as well as the score line and points. In the bag, rest up and move on. Play the whole reserve side in the cup.

Why on earth would we play the reserve side in the cup? A cup run might well be the only exciting thing to look forward to in the second half of the season?

• Like 1

Why am I not feeling more elated after a win? One quick look at the table, a quick reassessment with my brain, out for a smoke and still....this was not good, Tony!!! "Big Club" were about as bad as was predicted but we should really have performed better today. Still....3 points so act like a russian and say "I CAN'T complain....really...I can't!"