BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Nyambe has covid, Ayala hamstring, Douglas is a better option at right back rather than throw young Pike in, if Pike has a nightmare it could kill him, young players need to be brought in at the right time, now isn't it for me

Jesus, Pike must be crap then.

Douglas is absolutely finished at this level and proves it every week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, den said:

Is that the worst back 4 we’ve ever fielded?

I reckon it’s the weakest I’ve ever seen.

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The long-haired fella from Newcastle and the Scottish lad in the PL was a low point.

My thoughts went this way as well. That said Peacock and Daily and another horror combo Amoruso and Matteo, both had decent full backs with them. This 4 is shambolic across the back line. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

That starting line up is reminiscent of the type put out by a manager who has seriously lost his way, pretty much to the point of no return. Rushing Trav back is hugely concerning for me - lesson obviously not learned from the Williams situation.

We could still get a result here because Brum are also terrible, but Mowbray desperately needs to be removed from his position. He's lost all sense of rationality.

• Like 4

IMO, Douglas should not play for Rovers again - he's just sh1te.  Would have played Pike.

Glad Davenport given a chance from the start.

Unbelievable that Travis starting.  IMO, Mowbray must be very desperate and just maybe, under more pressure than we think.  Williams played when he shouldn't have and we know the outcome.  I just hope Travis comes through but, IMO, can be nowhere near ready for the physical battle it will be today.  If the lad breaks down, make no mistake, it can only be MOWBRAY'S RESPOSIBILITY.

Gallagher out wide again - FFS, does Mowbray ever, ever learn!?

I think Birmingham are absolute sh1te and you could have called up 11 lads from Pleasington and got a result today.  Therefore, nailed on Rovers' win.

Happy New Year! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Nyambe has covid

Probably caught it having talks with a new club. Didn’t buy that hamstring injury nonsense for a minute... if Buckley had changed the game positively rather than being disastrous Mowbray would’ve hailed it as tactical genius.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@SkipDonoghue any news of unrest within the squad? Has Mowbray lost the dressing room?

I don't know much but from the little I've heard the players are happy with TM, there's always players not happy when not starting but that's all clubs

The other thing I will say is I can't see TM going anytime soon, the reason being more than anything, players out of contract, the club don't need reasons for players to want out and changing managers when so many deals need to be sorted could be used by players to not renew and run contracts down and leave for free especially the so called assets 

• Like 1

• Backroom

If the players respected Mowbray that much then they'd have already signed new deals rather than let them run this close to the wire.

Any player with serious ambition would want a manager in situ who could push the club further than mid-table. If they don't then we might as well let them go as they won't help us get beyond where we are now anyway. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I don't know much but from the little I've heard the players are happy with TM, there's always players not happy when not starting but that's all clubs

The other thing I will say is I can't see TM going anytime soon, the reason being more than anything, players out of contract, the club don't need reasons for players to want out and changing managers when so many deals need to be sorted could be used by players to not renew and run contracts down and leave for free especially the so called assets 

Nyambe he’s not signing so let him go this window for whatever we can get.

Holtby I’d release think he’s not done enough

Same with Johnson

Id keep Bell

Not sure there’s anyone else OoC?

A lack of attention to the defence in numerous transfer windows is coming home to roost here. I'd rather Douglas at RB than Buckley, but the whole back 4 looks shaky as hell. 

Dropping Rothwell but retaining Gallagher and bringing back in BB looks like we are picking teams on their transfer values again.

Fortunately Birmingham are a perennial mediocre outfit who struggle to score goals so we may get away with it. 

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Jesus, Pike must be crap then.

Douglas is absolutely finished at this level and proves it every week.

Pike isn't crap, far from it, but he's a young 18 year old who would be coming into a side with the pressure cranked right up, there aren't enough what I call real professionals in Rovers team to help a young player through, he would either sink or swim and if he sunk, it could kill him at Rovers

I'm all for bringing through young players but at the right time, today isn't it for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Nyambe he’s not signing so let him go this window for whatever we can get.

Holtby I’d release think he’s not done enough

Same with Johnson

Id keep Bell

Not sure there’s anyone else OoC?

Rankin Costello, Rothwell

Edited by SkipDonoghue

3 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Pike isn't crap, far from it, but he's a young 18 year old who would be coming into a side with the pressure cranked right up, there aren't enough what I call real professionals in Rovers team to help a young player through, he would either sink or swim and if he sunk, it could kill him at Rovers

I'm all for bringing through young players but at the right time, today isn't it for me

What if Pike wasn't the only one from the under 23's to be selected in the defense?