BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

• Backroom

Infurtiating comments, full on self preservation mode, we aren’t winning because of chances we are missing or ‘not my fault mate’ in other words 

• Like 1

I'd like to think I've been very consistent throughout the Loons tenure, in that as they have not one iota of an idea about football, no connection with our town, and bugger all nous, TM will be here at the end of the season. They will have no idea about the history of the FA Cup, we've won it six times, only club to win it three times consecutively, and it could be a nice little earner for them. Blind leading the blind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Derby got beat by Chorley

Simplistic comments like this are REALLY annoying. That may be what the history books show in years to come; but to put it on here as a point of comparison with our performance and result today is cheap.

The full facts are that Derby County, whose squad was decimated by Covid19 and played their youth squad at Chorley, lost that game.

There can be no comparison between the result at Chorley and the unmotivated performance that the 10 players in blue and white and a Reserve goalkeeper put on this afternoon.

If it sent Mowbray to sleep - as it appeared to - then that surely shows he's no longer fit to occupy the manager's office.

• Like 8

I dont really get how today in itself is the straw that broke the camels back regarding Mowbrays future to anyone. It was a cup game in which we played a much changed team which would never in itself warrant dismissal. But for me it was just further reminders of reasons as to why we are stagnating under Mowbray. Absolute shite but he should have been sacked prior.

Numerous players out of position again. Dack is not a false 9, its never worked before and simply wont. Play him behind a striker where he actually plays. Out of everyone we could shunt at right back, how he dreamt up that Buckley goes there is laughable. And obviously Johnson is never a centre back but we know his collection of injury prone centre backs requires desperate measures.

He regularly gets the balance of the team horribly wrong, both from the start and with subs. The starting 11 had too many passive players, then suddenly as he often does, we had too many attacking players not in a proper shape with no rhythm or understanding. 

Pears is shocking, doing a mate a favour. There are calls for Stergiakis but he has come from obscurity really, his games in Europe came in a defeat to part timers. But Pears is shite, 4 years of him to look forward to.

I appreciate that Buckley was out of position but it is a myth that he a good footballer but just lightweight. He can barely kick a ball 10 yards and he is slow of thought, he dallies because he doesnt have pictures of what is around him. Brereton set such low standards that some decent performances earlier in the season as if he was justifying his price which he didnt come close to but he is back to the old comedy figure. Dolan is so raw its untrue and hes not effective, a million step overs and then usually turns back or plays a sloppy pass.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont really get how today in itself is the straw that broke the camels back regarding Mowbrays future to anyone. It was a cup game in which we played a much changed team which would never in itself warrant dismissal. But for me it was just further reminders of reasons as to why we are stagnating under Mowbray. Absolute shite but he should have been sacked prior.

Numerous players out of position again. Dack is not a false 9, its never worked before and simply wont. Play him behind a striker where he actually plays. Out of everyone we could shunt at right back, how he dreamt up that Buckley goes there is laughable. And obviously Johnson is never a centre back but we know his collection of injury prone centre backs requires desperate measures.

He regularly gets the balance of the team horribly wrong, both from the start and with subs. The starting 11 had too many passive players, then suddenly as he often does, we had too many attacking players not in a proper shape with no rhythm or understanding. 

Pears is shocking, doing a mate a favour. There are calls for Stergiakis but he has come from obscurity really, his games in Europe came in a defeat to part timers. But Pears is shite, 4 years of him to look forward to.

I appreciate that Buckley was out of position but it is a myth that he a good footballer but just lightweight. He can barely kick a ball 10 yards and he is slow of thought, he dallies because he doesnt have pictures of what is around him. Brereton set such low standards that some decent performances earlier in the season as if he was justifying his price which he didnt come close to but he is back to the old comedy figure. Dolan is so raw its untrue and hes not effective, a million step overs and then usually turns back or plays a sloppy pass.

That may be the case for a few on here. For many though we have been up to speed for a long time. You are not alone in your insight.

I agree with all your other comments.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was the worst performance of the season, against a League 1 team who hadn't played in about a month. I don't care what team we have out, that was dreadful. I can completely understand why it was the straw that broke the camel's back for people. 

Spot on with the rest really. Pears like, what is that about? He looks worse than Steele. At least he's not our number 1 I suppose. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What do all of these players have in common?

Great result if it signals the end of Mowbray's mind numbingly dull and pointless tenure.

Thoroughly depressing if as is likely it makes absolutely no difference. That's about where we're at getting beaten at home by a League 1 side in the Cup and neither the players nor the manager being remotely arsed because the players can't be bothered to play the extra games and the manager knows he's under no pressure whatsoever whatever happens.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That may be the case for a few on here. For many though we have been up to speed for a long time. You are not alone in your insight.

I agree with all your other comments.

God the two of ye and your "we were right all along with our insight" is a pretty sad take on things at this point. Schoolyard really. 

A lot of people, myself included, are very concerned about who they might replace him with. So it's not as simple as we sack him and get Bilic in. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

God the two of ye and your "we were right all along with our insight" is a pretty sad take on things at this point. Schoolyard really. 

A lot of people, myself included, are very concerned about who they might replace him with. So it's not as simple as we sack him and get Bilic in. 

I was not scoring brownies, but stating fact.

Live with being wrong. It's ok.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

it`s getting to the point where they could put ben benson in charge and id`e think it was ok,really sick of the predictable **** every week,eventually the mowbray death spiral will become continuous and we`ll be dragged into a relegation fight,with some of this squad and mowbray i would`nt want to be in the trenches with them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bilic has been snapped up by a Chinese outfit

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I do appreciate and share your concerns about what Vs would do next, if that was ever on the table. Which it's not. Sadly.

• Like 1