BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nothing worse than a centre half who thinks he's footballer when he isn't. Jackie Charlton, Big Sam, Mick Whatisname, Dyche, etc , they all know how to skin a cat.

i worded it wrong,i meant a left back who can play football,as long as a centre back can head it,tackle and boot it a long way,thats ok by me,there ar`nt many hansens or baresi`s around and they certainly don`t ever play for blackburn!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

As the Donny break starts I'm not sure where Travis is.

As it develops the 2 Rovers far side disappear and  its Trybull and Brereton chasing the Donny break whilst our back 4 flee the scene.

Truly a shambles,

Capture.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

If I saw that happening with my under 14s, I would lose the plot. I think you're being kind to Brereton saying he is tracking back though, he was hardly busting a gut either.

I think in the first pic Johnson should have been out. Lenihan has a man, but other than that, there aren't many passes for their palyer with th the ball. It's around there Johnson would have been standing if was midfield and he should have seen that, to be honest we missed him in midfield. 

Let's just hope yesterday stands to Travis and Dack fitness wise.  

Actually just looking again, look at Buckley. Oblivious to his man and completely out of position. He's surely not the best option for right back we have available. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

As the Donny break starts I'm not sure where Travis is.

As it develops the 2 Rovers far side disappear and  its Trybull and Brereton chasing the Donny break whilst our back 4 flee the scene.

Truly a shambles,

Travis' attitude was a disgrace yesterday a number of times he lost possession and just stood looking around rather than attempt to win it back.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I do Ewood tho. Check my replies to Roversfan99 and Mercer in the past 3 weeks. Answers there

You never did say why you backed him Chaddy only that you would review in the summer.

I have asked you on a number of occasions now, under what circumstances would you sack Mowbray?

Our results are poor, our performances are even worse and even top 6 now looks wishful thinking.  Surely, you must agree the time has come for Mowbray to go?

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You are taught to trade space for time but there comes a point when they're getting into shooting range when you have intervene decisively.

Not when you are 4 players to 2, someone commits to a challenge, and either wins the ball or commits a clumsy foul. End  of immediate danger. Travis probably didn't want to be that someone because he had already been booked. A well organised team would have already delegated who should make the challenge, if the occasion arose.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I do Ewood tho. Check my replies to Roversfan99 and Mercer in the past 3 weeks. Answers there

To be fair chaddy, I am non the wiser as to why you want him to stay, and when I do enquire, your default tactic is to ask me to revert back to x amount of time ago when you told me rather than just elaborate which you would if you had any genuine belief in the credibility of your reasons.

• Like 3

Yesterday we had no tactics or strategy going forward or defending.

Every combination of players on the  park looked like complete strangers to each other.

Were any passes played blind knowing that a Rovers player would be there to receive it? I cannot remember any.

Instead it was all either ponderous stop and look or play it backwards to try to retain possession.

As Rich Sharpe pointed out, at one point we had 4 defenders and 6 attackers and no instructions from the touchline about who was supposed to be doing what where.

And yes the players looked mighty pissed at Mowbray. We are seeing real anger consistently when they are subbed off. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You never did say why you backed him Chaddy only that you would review in the summer.

I have asked you on a number of occasions now, under what circumstances would you sack Mowbray?

Our results are poor, our performances are even worse and even top 6 now looks wishful thinking.  Surely, you must agree the time has come for Mowbray to go?

I said here why I want Mowbray to stay here. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34705-rovers-v-canaries-sat-12th-dec-3pm/&do=findComment&comment=2146296

also Mercer I've have told you several times now that I'm not getting into these games with you. You have done it for the past 4 seasons now. 

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair chaddy, I am non the wiser as to why you want him to stay, and when I do enquire, your default tactic is to ask me to revert back to x amount of time ago when you told me rather than just elaborate which you would if you had any genuine belief in the credibility of your reasons.

I've said told you why I want Mowbray to stay for the last 3 weeks. Why cant you just accept I want Mowbray to stay as manager here. What the big problem with that many of you cant accept it? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've said told you why I want Mowbray to stay for the last 3 weeks. Why cant you just accept I want Mowbray to stay as manager here. What the big problem with that many of you cant accept it? 

Because I do not know what these reasons are. If you was to just simply state now, as things change too, I want Mowbray to stay because of x y and z and then constructive debate can arise. 

• Like 1

Ok, one reason is stability ,right? Probably under that category too is potentially getting someone worse? All legitamite, but ultimately we are under performing and now our gameplan more often than not is us; controlling possesion, creating little and conceding soft goals. 

Can he turn things around enough for us to go on a run as get into the play offs? I certainly hope so, but it's becoming hard to imagine. We will be expecting a lot of whatever centre half we sign. 4-3-3 doesn't suit Dack unless we try him in midfield. Then will he still be a goal threat? I notice other teams change formation mid game and it seems fluid enough. We never do that. We stay the same, but just bring on attackers everywhere. Most if all though I was concerned by the body language yesterday, some of the players didn't look interested, especially the subs he brought on, Eliott aside. Mowbray himself certainly didn't fill me with confidence. I wouldn't say he looked like he didn't care, but he was very tense and it looked like there was a tension between him and the players. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I don’t know Chaddy personally but why on earth should he have to explain his belief that Mowbray remains our manager? He is supportive of what he’s done for the club.

There are 4 threads on here dealing with Tony Mowbray’s future which I think is a bit excessive 

Only Mowbray knows what’s going on inside the club and as he’s said on more than one occasion that he will go if he feels his effectiveness is dwindling.

Emotions are running high on here at the moment and some people are really enjoying sticking the proverbial knife in.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, rigger said:

Let's just stop pointless in-house bickering.

Motion carried. Can we just stop being obsessed with what different posters think and going on about it so much?

If you really want to know, drop them a PM.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Only Mowbray knows what’s going on inside the club and as he’s said on more than one occasion that he will go if he feels his effectiveness is dwindling.

He also said defenders are coming, yet yesterday we lined up with two midfielders in defence and two players who here here when he made that comment. What Mowbray does and what he says are two very different things. He knows he won't get a bigger or easier job than the one he has here and he won't walk away from that, every interview he gives is about one thing his own self preservation, nothing is ever his fault.

44 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He also said defenders are coming, yet yesterday we lined up with two midfielders in defence and two players who here here when he made that comment. What Mowbray does and what he says are two very different things. He knows he won't get a bigger or easier job than the one he has here and he won't walk away from that, every interview he gives is about one thing his own self preservation, nothing is ever his fault.

It's the BloJo effect.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because, as normal human beings, we try to make sense of the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

I don’t know Chaddy personally but why on earth should he have to explain his belief that Mowbray remains our manager? He is supportive of what he’s done for the club.

There are 4 threads on here dealing with Tony Mowbray’s future which I think is a bit excessive 

Emotions are running high on here at the moment and some people are really enjoying sticking the proverbial knife in.

Surely explaining the reasons to which someone believes a manager should stay is exactly the thing to expect on a thread questioning the managers future?

Theres plenty of frustration flying around that many feel that we are underperforming and stagnating. Not enjoyment.

• Like 2