BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray - Stick or Twist ?

Well, Pasha has blocked me on Twitter for tweeting he needs to bring Ainsworth in before the end of the season. So he either thinks I’m a lunatic for wanting Ainsworth, or he won’t even hear Mowbray has to go. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Taking everything into consideration. Firstly we were never gonna win the fa Cup. Secondly the league is our priority and being knocked outta the cup early doesn't bother me. Don't get me wrong I would have much rathered a win today. But to me our priorities lie with the league this season. And ultimately Mowbrays job 

Wigan won it recently. Beat City. We haven't won it since 1928! I've been waiting all my life for Rovers to win a 7th FA Cup. 

We haven't gone past Round 3 since 2016!

AND SINCE THE LEAGUE IS OUR PRIORITY WE'RE NOT DOING WELL THERE EITHER ARE WE?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Well, Pasha has blocked me on Twitter for tweeting he needs to bring Ainsworth in before the end of the season. So he either thinks I’m a lunatic for wanting Ainsworth, or he won’t even hear Mowbray has to go. 

It will be the lattar Josh.  I wrote last month that Mowbray will have the total support of the owners, they do not sack people that they they have strong relationships and trust.  He has got them out of trouble in the last 3 years and stabalised the football club, they also look at the likes of Dack and Armstrong, players who were purchased for a relatively modest amount and are now worth £15 million plus each, this is the kind of model they want to operate.

I cannot see any circumstance (other than us falling seriously into a relegation battle that they decide to sack him).  I have a huge amount of respect for Mowbray and as at previous clubs I can see a scenario where he decides to walk away.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

It will be the lattar Josh.  I wrote last month that Mowbray will have the total support of the owners, they do not sack people that they they have strong relationships and trust.  He has got them out of trouble in the last 3 years and stabalised the football club, they also look at the likes of Dack and Armstrong, players who were purchased for a relatively modest amount and are now worth £15 million plus each, this is the kind of model they want to operate.

I cannot see any circumstance (other than us falling seriously into a relegation battle that they decide to sack him).  I have a huge amount of respect for Mowbray and as at previous clubs I can see a scenario where he decides to walk away.

Not good news !!

9 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

I am increasingly feeling from his body language that he will walk of his own volition.

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Go.

Out of arguments to keep him.

Which of the current 92 League Managers would have made a bigger mess against Doncaster? I am struggling to name any who would have messed up more than Mowbray did.

Well Allardyce mess up big time against his former club. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

What does that even matter? 

He stood up in plenty of match games. Just another pointless stick to beat Mowbray with 

If you must comment please take into account the context of the conversation that the statement was given in, not just the statement its self 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you must comment please take into account the context of the conversation that the statement was given in, not just the statement its self 

It doesn't matter whether a manager is stood on touchline or sat down. Just another dig at Mowbray. 

As I said the other week, when we were on a death spiral last season, Waggott was asked if the manager’s job was under threat, he laughed and looked shocked that the question was even asked.

Not a chance he’s under pressure. Good personal relationship with the owners and you are set fair, couple that with having a pal as your boss and I would expect a new contract before any sacking.

It’s not normal, and it’s why the club will never do more than tread water under this regime.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It doesn't matter whether a manager is stood on touchline or sat down. Just another dig at Mowbray. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the context of my post. On  a second point, I do think that it does matter whether  a manager is stood or sat down. A large part of their jobs is to influence what is happening on the pitch as it is happening. I have never seen a manager who does this by sitting down. This is not a "Dig at Mowbray". It is a fully justified criticism.  

• Backroom

Time to go.

Prepared to eat these words but I actually can envision Mowbray deciding to leave at the end of the season if we finish lower than 12th.

I've no reason for that, just a bit of a gut instinct.

Edited by Mike E

Can the poll thread not be merged with the discussion thread. Just had a look at it from 57 votes 100% are saying he has to go. 

I like Mowbray for all he has done. But he is lost. It's time to go. There is part of me that wants him to move upstairs into a DOF role.  However in could see him sticking his oar in too much with the new manager. 

Either way. He needs to go. He's lost his way. Tactically this is the about as bad as it gets.

17 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

If we lose the next 5 Mowbray walks.

Unless he stands up in at least 50% of those games , then he can carry on according to some members of his fan club.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

I think it is clear that this is a crucial season in the future of Blackburn Rovers. There are no doubts that the squad we currently have is the best we have had in many years, since relegation from the premier league I would say. With players such as nymabe, Kaminski, ayala, travis, Rothwell, dack, Armstrong and Elliot we should be pushing for the top 2, yet we find ourselves as an outside bets for the playoffs, and I think we can all agree that that just isn’t good enough. 

We can all respect the job TM has done here, he has been really good for the club and has got us through some dark times, however it is clear as day that he has taken us as far as he can. We have been a mid table championship team for 3 seasons running now, with no real improvement to the issues that seem to plague us. This season imo has been the most frustrating I’ve experienced for a long time, as I know we should be doing better. It really does seem like that all teams need to do against us is sit back and hit us on the counter, because throughout the season we have been incapable of breaking teams down. TM has had his chance to fix things and he hasn’t, and now for the sake of the season and sake of the club, he has to go. 

The worrying thing for me is that there doesn’t even seem to be any pressure on him. Not from the owners, not from the board and not even from the media. He just seems to be in a unsackable position. He’s a trusted person with in the club who many have respect for, and unfortunately they don’t seem to able to see past that. What we need is Waggot to be ballsy and go for a change, I think even if they messed up the appointment then fans would still respect that the change was needed. Annoyingly there seems to be no way that us fans can let our voices be heard.

In terms of who I would bring in to replace him if he were to go, I think it would be important to keep in with the style of play we have developed. So I’d be looking at Eddie Howe of preferably jokanvic who did an exceptional job at fulham. I think with the players we have rovers would be an attractive proposition to any manager who is open to managing in the championship. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

If we lose the next 5 Mowbray walks.

If we lose our next 5 games it still wouldn’t be as bad as the 9 defeats from 11 where he obviously didn’t walk. He’s not getting off the gravy train any time soon. 

• Like 2

If Mowbray is the man I hope he is, he’ll walk. 

Forget all the nonsense about body language and comments in the press. That’s irrelevant. It’s all about results. Expectations were high going into this season and we’ve gone nowhere. I genuinely worry who’ll be brought in to replace him but the time might now be right to take the gamble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Morons. Who knew inheriting Daddies chicken business wouldn't set them up for owning a football club. 

They place value in Mowbray buying Armstrong & Dack, who admittedly now have decent equity, but don't see the value in getting promoted and the riches that will bring? Absolute wands. 

We may as well buckle in for a few more seasons of utter mediocrity as Mowbray isn't walking, and as always it's the fans that are the losers.

• Like 5