BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

Locked in and snowed in here in Huddersfield so thought I may as well start a match topic for this weekend’s game against Stoke.

564C369F-C567-4E0F-BFB7-92A275B04EB7.thumb.jpeg.ca609d10855be806981097e525cb2a56.jpeg

Weather not looking too promising for Ewood on Saturday, with heavy rain forecast which of course will guarantee the pitch to be even worse than it has been in recent matches. 

As for Stoke we know exactly what they are about having played them just before Xmas since when they have added a few players to their squad, the latest being Jack Clarke from Spurs, a promising wide player originally at Leeds. Lets hope we have a full back capable of handling him. Will Nyambe be available? Who knows? 

Hopefully Rovers bring in the lad from Everton to shore up the defence but its all a bit last minute with Rovers transfer dealings so don’t be surprised if we wait until January 31st!
EDIT Seems the deal is now done and he will play on Saturday! 

As for the rest of the team, its likely to revert to the usual midfield but depending if Johnson is required in defence. Up front will be the usual suspects, Brereton, Armstrong and Elliott.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 3

Going off the last game Stoke will park the bus we will have 90% possession and fail to score promises to be a bore fest! Can't summon any enthusiasm for it. As a result swag will be moaning about the I follow take up and blaming the support. 

• Like 2

• J*B pinned this topic

Another tough test, in a month of tough tests. Of our remaining fixtures in January, I rate this the 3rd toughest. 

Let’s hope Travis & Dacky put several in the net, I cannot see our patchwork defense holding up. 

I hate debating “must win” games, but if there was ever a must win- if we hope to push for top six- this is it. COYB! 

One and/or maybe two new defenders inbound at Ewood so hopefully we can start to iron out the kinks with out forever shady defense.  Still gutted in the collapse of Pickering, is it all a lost cause or can we still bring him to Rovers?

Meanwhile, match preview & a watchalong in store...

• Like 2

I feel indifferent between 

Rovers 0 Stoke 5 

and

Rovers 5 Stoke 0 

but the first one might take us further forward quicker if it sorted out our Management. Of course,

Rovers 5 Stoke 5 

would be entertaining but the worst of all worlds.

Rovers 0 Stoke 0 

will be the zero entertainment result and feel like the worst of all worlds.

You can put a Mercer on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Stoke's two loan signings will make them much more dangerous up front against us.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19011134.stoke-city-sign-second-premier-league-loanee-week/

They are without a win since they beat us...

And we all know what that means- perhaps only half a Mercer on 0-0

It doesn't matter who Stoke have, anybody will be dangerous against our defence

Edited by rigger

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan              Branthwaite      Bell

Travis                 Davenport           

Elliott                       Dack                          Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Stergiakis, Douglas, Johnson, Trybull, Downing, Holtby, Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton

• Like 1

Stoke have Allen and Mikel back fit but still look rather depleted. Both Davies and Gunn are out still, Fletcher, Campbell and Gregory are all out in attack, Morgan Fox is out at left back and the tosser that is James McLean has been suspended for breaching Covid guidelines. They do have 3 new signings though.

• Like 1

As you say the pitch is really going to be in horrific condition even by half time, nevermind 90. Doesn't lend itself to pretty (and largely ineffective football) at all and will probably favour Stoke more than us. It'll go 1-0 either way, perhaps even needing a penalty or some set piece magic.

In the interest of positivity I'll go for a 1 nil win, Branthwaite header on his debut.