BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I agree it's frustrating, but I'm so used to shocking officiating in this league that I'm somewhat numb to it. Not like we haven't had some of that luck ourselves recently! Remember the game when we had three blatant handballs from Lenihan and Ayala ignored? 

We all remember that game, but I can think of more where it went against us. Apart from those handballs I don't remember many more we massively got away with. We seemed to have gotten an entire seasons worth in that game! 

• Like 2

Has Mowbray lost the players ?

A funny thing happened at the last home game, when the crowd noise was switched on just before the game,

the first thing to come up was "You don't know what you're doing" the Talksport reporter thought it was hilarious.

I wonder whether one of the players had been in that room playing with the equipment ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

I agree it's frustrating, but I'm so used to shocking officiating in this league that I'm somewhat numb to it. Not like we haven't had some of that luck ourselves recently! Remember the game when we had three blatant handballs from Lenihan and Ayala ignored? 

Of course I do and it seemed a rarity. I've lost count of the amount of shocking calls we've had go against us. Anyway let's see what the second half produces.

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Folk on here gave 0'Neill pelters when Stoke beat us 1-0 in December, labelling the team "boring". Here he is doing it again. That's heading for a very boring 6 points against us. 

Nothing boring about their performance today. They ground out a dull 1-0 win at home when they had an injury crisis for worse than we have had. Today, they are stronger and have been by far the better team.

Is there any Rovers fan who wouldn't swap O'Neill for Mowbray? A single one?

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We all remember that game, but I can think of more where it went against us. Apart from those handballs I don't remember many more we massively got away with. We seemed to have gotten an entire seasons worth in that game! 

As @New Jeru mentioned Birmingham had a pen against us turned down which could easily have been given - we then went and scored straight afterwards. I know we've had some bad luck with Brereton not getting a couple of pens, but at the same time he has a reputation for going down easy and unfortunately that comes back to bite you in the end.

We can still win this by virtue of the league and the teams in it being poor. We have enough in the ranks for a moment or two of class to dig us out of a hole. I just hate how our team seems to retract into their shells the first moment something like this goes against us. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Well I wouldn't have brought him on.

But, gun to my head, I wouldn't put him in a position that he's consistently and repeatedly failed at. Put him upfront or don't play him. 

Insanity- doing the same thing over and over expecting different results 

I repeat.

mowbray needs taken to the loony bin 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Honestly I just can’t believe Mowbray is still in a job. He is completely out of his depth at this level. It’s getting to a point where I think us fans need to make some sort of statement about it, but with no fans in stadiums I’m not sure how we can do that. At any other club, with these players, he would be gone.

Spot on.

It was obvious he was out of his depth at this level two years ago.

But of course it helps when you manage to get your mate appointed as your boss.

• Like 4