BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

1 minute ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Worst possible result we could have garnered.

A loss might (wishful thinking) pushed the manager to being closer to leaving. A win, well...a win's a win after all!

A draw...what's the good in that either way?

Agreed. Although from Mowbray's point of view I guess it gives him something to latch on to and whinge about the disallowed goal etc etc.

From my point of view the Mowbray death spiral rumbles on - two wins in ten in all comps and I'm glad I didn't waste £10 on that rubbish today.

And can't really see any point in watching them until Mowbray goes.

What a state of affairs.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

PROGRESS*
*On 18/19.

Not necessarily - if Reading win than we are further away from the playoffs at this point in the season than we have been at any other full season with Mowbray in charge. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Bowyer was sacked after a 1-1 draw, so who knows. I wouldn't bet on anything happening though. 

His face just didn't fit. Should have appointed his mate as his boss.

Didn't he make the Venky's a bag load of money too with his transfer dealings? Unlike Mowbray.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

His face just didn't fit. Should have appointed his mate as his boss.

Didn't he make the Venky's a bag load of money too with his transfer dealings? Unlike Mowbray.

My understanding is that he fell out with the owners at some point before the beginning of that season. Effectively refused to communicate with them. If you remember there was that strange leak where a newspaper printed that he had been sacked, only for them to retract the story a few hours later. Undoubtedly leaked by someone at Ewood who knew his time was up.

Even then it took Venky's until November to actually remove him. 

• Like 2

Well I think it helps when you have eleven fit players on the pitch and a central midfielder who can pass the ball forward. Somehow TM got a combination of players on the pitch that undid Stoke and should have gone on to win.  That said I think it's at the stage where the decision-makers might be asking TM how he sees us progressing this season.

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Mowbray's management 100% at fault for not winning that game.

In years to come we will look at the players we had at Rovers this season and wonder how we didn't go up.

Now 7 points off the play-offs.

Philip Maybe the players arnt as good as people think.

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Surely We lose on tuesday to Swansea and cant see us getting anything at Boro surely?

Birmingham won there today and we all saw how poor they looked in our last league game. In this division who knows? That’s what adds to the frustration for me.

awful 1st half performance and second half wasn't much better until Buckley and Holtby came on with Dack going off. (no blame to Dack btw). Last 20 mins much better and players look hungry and got some attacking play finally. 

Armstrong's 1st half offside goal should have given. Never offside. If Chester would have never bought him down I think Armstrong would have scored and we won the game but didnt happen. 

Branthwaite looks promising and can see why Mowbray wanted him. 

Davenport and Brereton should start next game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Certainly needs to be given a chance.

Trybull should have been sent back along with Douglas.

Trybull has been one of our best midfielders in the last few games. Douglas was our best player today imo.

Brilliant tackle yo set up our first goal. F##k that ref!