BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like Mowbray and have huge amount of respect for the job he has done here and rebuilding the club, the fanbase and the Infrastructure behind the scenes after Coyle left the club. Clearly you don't. 

Like I said review in the summer but at the end the day I am NOT the one making the decision in deciding Mowbray's future and that decision will be make by Mrs D and owners in Pune. It won't be Waggott decision at all

The most telling part of your statement is, The job Mowbray has DONE. Not the job he is doing or the job he is going to do. If swag does not influence managerial decisions, what does he do for his salary?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Infrastructure’? I suppose he’s brought in more gadgets for data work, the fabled ‘scouting network’, but in what ways has he ‘rebuilt the fanbase?’

Plenty of business talk and intangibles as always. Proof of the pudding is on the pitch where progress can not be seen. He has done a good job overall but that journey stopped taking us forward a while ago.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Standard day at the office. 

• 0 goals in the first half, again. Admittedly it looks like we were wronged on the Armstrong disallowed goal but other than that no real chances and certainly not enough for the home side supposedly looking up the league table. Devoid of creativity or intensity.
  • Falling behind from minimal pressure, again from a cross into the box
  • Laboring for most of the game trying to break down a solid defence, creating little and looking like ending up 0-1.
  • From 70 minutes onwards and after a few changes we finally start to apply some serious pressure and thankfully this time managed to snatch a goal from it.
  • In the end it is too little too late to go on and win the game, still haven't created enough after the equaliser to be worthy of a winner.
  • We go home with a point that gets us nowhere in terms of top 6, another day of points dropped at home, quite abysmal for most of the afternoon and i can't argue with the scoreline.
  • Mowbray escapes serious scrutiny as we 'put the point in the bag and move on' yet really all the same old issues are staring at us in the face.
  • Raft of excuses - pitch, injuries, players not fully fit - all issues to varying degree under our control. The pitch issue in particular is almost entirely of our own making, created through a lack of investment and cost cutting now over many years. If Mowbray is fed up with it he needs to get on the phone to our great owners who never refuse a cheque. 

Has to go! Hopefully someone has tweeted suhail if indeed it’s his account 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Infrastructure’? I suppose he’s brought in more gadgets for data work, the fabled ‘scouting network’, but in what ways has he ‘rebuilt the fanbase?’

The Infrastructure he created was to surround himself with his mates and people he knows will never make a decision against him. 

That's why we can have week after week of dross with no pressure. A manager who looks on the verge of falling asleep on the touchline isn't a man under pressure. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't need lectures from you on my commitment thanks.

I'd have been happy if we'd scabbed an undeserved win but a point that might help keep a lame duck manager in situ for a while longer isn't a good result for the Club imo.

Why are you (apparently) happy with a manager who has been performing poorly for the last two and a half seasons? I could reverse what you said and state that with fans like you who are happy with any old rubbish, it's no wonder we never get anywhere.

Did I say I was happy with the manager? Did I say I was 'happy with any old rubbish' ?

Err...no I didn't. My view is quite the contrary, thanks all the same.

Mowbray is a busted flush; sooner or later he will be gone. In the meantime, I never want us to lose, whereas some people apparently are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you need to calm down pal. 

Dwight Gayle? why mention him? 

Not for me. My view is the same as last week. Give him the season and review in the summer like I keep saying

If we lost all of the next 7 or 8 games, would this still be your stance, for us to wait until the summer?

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

The most telling part of your statement is, The job Mowbray has DONE. Not the job he is doing or the job he is going to do. If swag does not influence managerial decisions, what does he do for his salary?

Feck all other than piss off supporters season after season!

Leading to ever dwindling numbers I hasten to add. He's the Owen Coyle of the boardroom in my opinion!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Someone posted earlier, maybe we're not as good as we think we are ?

Well i've totally stopped thinking about the players, i'ts all about the manager for me.

I would have replaced him straight after our promotion from League 1, some of the

performances in that league were shocking and he allowed Wigan to take the title,

because he didn't care enough, he's simply not a winner, and don't get me going on

his lack of tactical nous.

Go now Tony, for the good of the club.

Agreed. Can't sacked someone after promotion though. 

Our squad is capable of top 6.

9 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Like you've said for the last 2 years pal. And we've stagnated. We are never doing anything with this clown in charge. How you can continue to defend him is beyond comprehension 

insults just weaken your arguments and show a lack of contempt for other people's opinions who disagree with you. I haven't shown any of this for your opinion.  

8 minutes ago, alcd said:

Well he's rapidly losing the fanbase and as for infrastructure, just look at the state of the pitch.

rapidly losing the fanbase? based on BRFCS poll but like I show for balance another poll where the vast majority back him 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Decisions even themselves out. Armstrong maybe was onside but the ball seemed out of play for the equaliser which has been excluded from your analysis.

have you seen a replay that shows the ball was deffo out of play? 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Waggott run the club for the owners. But major decisions like change of manager is made at ownership level like it has been everytime under Venkys. 

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Did I say I was happy with the manager? Did I say I was 'happy with any old rubbish' ?

Err...no I didn't. My view is quite the contrary, thanks all the same.

Mowbray is a busted flush; sooner or later he will be gone. In the meantime, I never want us to lose, whereas some people apparently are.

Fair enough. I think the point being made is that scraping an occasional win and a couple of draws here and there which just about keeps our noses above water and Mowbray in situ isn't taking us anywhere.

As opposed to people wanting the Club they support to lose per se.

• Like 1

You cant sack a manager after a successful season in which on the back of a shall we say experimental start managed to regularly win game after game to get to 96 points, comfortably clear of the play offs. Football is about results which is why his job was rightfully safe then and his time should be up now.

• Like 5

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

insults just weaken your arguments and show a lack of contempt for other people's opinions who disagree with you. I haven't shown any of this for your opinion.  

rapidly losing the fanbase? based on BRFCS poll but like I show for balance another poll where the vast majority back him 

have you seen a replay that shows the ball was deffo out of play? 

Waggott run the club for the owners. But major decisions like change of manager is made at ownership level like it has been everytime under Venkys. 

Ive not seen a replay from a good angle of either incident but it is of little surprise that you only chose the incident in which Mowbray can claim a hard luck story about.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If we lost all of the next 7 or 8 games, would this still be your stance, for us to wait until the summer?

well instead of asking these sort of questions why don't we see the next 7 or 8 games results 1st. 

These sort of questions are asked when people support the managers whilst other want him gone

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m sorry, but you’ve COMPLETELY lost the plot. Whatever will be will be but to not want Rovers to win is scandalous.

Reactionary response indicative of short-term thinking, not of the long-term needs of BRFC. 

What does "win" mean for Rovers? To beat a team on a Saturday to gain three points or is it to put in place the right manager for the good of the club not on just one Saturday afternoon but for the good of our season and the next season to come. Why would having Mowbray stagger on from week to week to give us mid-table mediocrity be an aspiration, why would a result that prolongs the underperformance of our club in the long run be a boon? 

Winning the battle is not much good if we lose the war, is it? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:Chaddy no idea how you can still back Mowbray genuinely don't get it. 

I’d let him see the season out. 7 points off is nothing at this stage with 22 games left. It’s not like a new manager will come in and take us up this season. Is it possible? Yeh, but it’s also possible for Mowbray.

Let him finish season, if we aren’t in play offs, change it up. If we are, he’s achieved his target.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fair enough. I think the point being made is that scraping an occasional win and a couple of draws here and there which just about keeps our noses above water and Mowbray in situ isn't taking us anywhere.

As opposed to people wanting the Club they support to lose per se.

I think we agree! I'd love nothing more that for us to go out and stick 5 past Swansea on Tuesday. That wouldnt change my view though; looking at Mowbray's tenure holistically and realistically, he's run his course, we ain't going anywhere soon, and a change is needed. 

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 6