BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

The scary thing is...despite yet another pitiful showing we are still only 3 points off 7th place and 7 points off 6th! This league is poor. Somebody from the chasing pack is going to challenge the play offs but alas, it won’t be us. Ratings:

Kaminski: 6 - not a fan of short balls to feet on that pitch, his long game didn’t impress either. Still inspires more confidence than any of our keepers since Robinson.

Douglas: 5 - gave the ball away far too much. Set pieces aren’t living up to the billing. Solidish defensively 

Branthwaite: 7 - solid debut, fairly confident on the ball, inspired confidence. Promising start

Lenihan: 6 - Still not himself but didn’t let us down today

Nyambe: 6 - Lost Powell for the goal but started to offer a lot more going forward in the second half. 

Johnson: 5 - Outmuscled too easily by Stoke’s midfield 

Travis: 5 - Not fully match fit. Similar to Johnson. Yellow card ruined his contributions

Dack: 5 - To be effective against a side like Stoke he needed to be match fit...he wasn’t 

Rothwell: 5 - One bursting run for the offside goal but nothing else of note. Too inconsistent 

Elliott: 5 - Needs a bowling green not a pudding to play on

Armstrong: 6 - even if his goal has stood it would have been spawny as it megged the keeper, one decent shot in the second half.

Subs: Brereton: 6 - ok contribution, Davenport: 5, Holtby 6, Gallagher N/A (decide for yourself what that stands for), Buckley 7 - a goal and some good energy...helps to be playing in his correct position of course.

Discuss 

• Like 1

Just now, TheRoversReturn said:

Reactionary response indicative of short-term thinking, not of the long-term needs of BRFC. 

What does "win" mean for Rovers? To beat a team on a Saturday to gain three points or is it to put in place the right manager for the good of the club not on just one Saturday afternoon but for the good of our season and the next season to come. Why would having Mowbray stagger on from week to week to give us mid-table mediocrity be an aspiration, why would a result that prolongs the underperformance of our club in the long run be a boon? 

Winning the battle is not much good if we lose the war, is it? 

You're absolutely right of course, hard to believe that so many Rovers fans, many of them intelligent

people can't see it.

Then again why do so many people support Donald Trump or Boris Johnson ?

They can't all be stupid.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you need to calm down pal. 

Dwight Gayle? why mention him? 

Not for me. My view is the same as last week. Give him the season and review in the summer like I keep saying

I’m with you, Chaddy. 

We aren’t going to hire Superman right now, anyway. Give Tony the season, & properly assess him then. if we’re still hovering between #11-15 on the table, with our key men back in the squad, it will be a much easier decision to give him his walking papers. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well instead of asking these sort of questions why don't we see the next 7 or 8 games results 1st. 

These sort of questions are asked when people support the managers whilst other want him gone

So the next seven or eight games matter but the last ten dont?

What will you be saying if the next seven or eight don't go to plan?

"Let's see how the last fourteen or fifteen go?"

• Like 2

Just now, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

The scary thing is...despite yet another pitiful showing we are still only 3 points off 7th place and 7 points off 6th! This league is poor. Somebody from the chasing pack is going to challenge the play offs but alas, it won’t be us. Ratings:

Kaminski: 6 - not a fan of short balls to feet on that pitch, his long game didn’t impress either. Still inspires more confidence than any of our keepers since Robinson.

Douglas: 5 - gave the ball away far too much. Set pieces aren’t living up to the billing. Solidish defensively 

Branthwaite: 7 - solid debut, fairly confident on the ball, inspired confidence. Promising start

Lenihan: 6 - Still not himself but didn’t let us down today

Nyambe: 6 - Lost Powell for the goal but started to offer a lot more going forward in the second half. 

Johnson: 5 - Outmuscled too easily by Stoke’s midfield 

Travis: 5 - Not fully match fit. Similar to Johnson. Yellow card ruined his contributions

Dack: 5 - To be effective against a side like Stoke he needed to be match fit...he wasn’t 

Rothwell: 5 - One bursting run for the offside goal but nothing else of note. Too inconsistent 

Elliott: 5 - Needs a bowling green not a pudding to play on

Armstrong: 6 - even if his goal has stood it would have been spawny as it megged the keeper, one decent shot in the second half.

Subs: Brereton: 6 - ok contribution, Davenport: 5, Holtby 6, Gallagher N/A (decide for yourself what that stands for), Buckley 7 - a goal and some good energy...helps to be playing in his correct position of course.

Discuss 

You've given Davenport a 5...... He was the best player on the pitch. 

That's all I'll discuss. 

In regards to the start of it. It's 7 with that team having a game in hand.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like Mowbray and have huge amount of respect for the job he has done here and rebuilding the club, the fanbase and the Infrastructure behind the scenes after Coyle left the club. Clearly you don't. 

Like I said review in the summer but at the end the day I am NOT the one making the decision in deciding Mowbray's future and that decision will be make by Mrs D and owners in Pune. It won't be Waggott decision at all

If it means that much to you write him a letter, send some nice flowers, invite him to f***ing dinner. What matters to me the most is that the club gets out of this division asap as the debt is still there. I'd like the clubs future to be much more secure. Clearly you don't.

You say review in the Summer, review in January every season and rarely get off the fence. It's like you think the fan-police will come and arrest you for not being as far up the current managers backside as you think you should be.

It doesn't matter a jot what Mowbray did after Coyle left, that was then. Now, with the time he's had and money he's spent the club should be doing a lot better. Today it was absolutely dire, he's got awful players like Brereton and Douglas playing every week, he continually puts players out of position or worse still signs a player for mega money then puts them out of position. We look every bit the mid-table team he's created.

• Like 6

Douglas and Branthwaite were best for me.

And Holby and Buckley obviously did extremely well when coming on.

Nyambe was good as always. 

Big Ben made a big difference, and not sure why he didn't start.

Davenport was solid.

Elliot was again very disappointing for me.

And, I said before the game I wouldn't start Dack or Travis.  

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’m with you, Chaddy. 

We aren’t going to hire Superman right now, anyway. Give Tony the season, & properly assess him then. if we’re still hovering between #11-15 on the table, with our key men back in the squad, it will be a much easier decision to give him his walking papers. 

Do you think there is a realistic chance of that changing? And if not, surely it makes sense to build with half an eye on next season, building around the players mainly that will be around then. Mowbray is stumbling between systems just hoping something sticks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Would they? I think line up was good, but you can see flaws all the way through it.

What would a new manager do to drastically change us? We are still all 5ft 

Organise the defence, stop playing players out of position week after week, sign some decent players, improve or bin off players that continually underperform including players that should have gone when we went up from L1. That would be an excellent start.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Plenty of business talk and intangibles as always. Proof of the pudding is on the pitch where progress can not be seen. He has done a good job overall but that journey stopped taking us forward a while ago.

That's exactly it. (Not the good job part he had done a decent job at best imo) but the point of infrastructure and the like is to improve the team and see success on the pitch. That clearly isn't happening therefore the intangibles are pretty pointless. 

Mind you am not sure what the intangibles are. The scouting network has one huge plus in Kaminski. The rest of the time they are stuck at Boro. 

His intangibles haven't told him the basic premise of build from the back and have a settled team - both of which can be found in the the most basic of introduction to football books.

As for the game. Meh. Didn't watch but sounds like it was another dull one. And more significantly and depressing - it doesn't matter. A draw - we don't go up not down this season so what does it matter? Boring times from a man who has run out of ideas. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’m with you, Chaddy. 

If we're simply writing this season off, we'd be far better off giving Damien Johnson the chance to show what he can or can't do until the end of the season rather than letting Mowbray pointlessly limp on until summer.

If he does particularly well, that's good and gives him a chance of the permanent role. If he doesn't pull up any trees then we know where we stand, that he isn't the answer permanently, and that we might need to dispense with his services along with the manager and the rest of his coaching staff.

Might be a chance of it happening at a normal Club.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well instead of asking these sort of questions why don't we see the next 7 or 8 games results 1st. 

These sort of questions are asked when people support the managers whilst other want him gone

Yes they are, and that's the exact situation we are in. Would you mind answering? I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to beat you with some stick, I'm wondering where the limit is that you could consider changing your stance, as there must be one. I'm not attempting to get you to change your stance.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we're simply writing this season off, we'd be far better off giving Damien Johnson the chance to show what he can or can't do until the end of the season rather than letting Mowbray pointlessly limp on until summer.

If he does particularly well, that's good and gives him a chance of the permanent role. If he doesn't pull up any trees then we know where we stand, that he isn't the answer permanently, and that we might need to dispense with his services along with the manager and the rest of his coaching staff.

Might be a chance of it happening at a normal Club.

Nope.

We need to get rid of all Mowbrays rot that includes Lowe who was here beforehand too.

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's exactly it. (Not the good job part he had done a decent job at best imo) but the point of infrastructure and the like is to improve the team and see success on the pitch. That clearly isn't happening therefore the intangibles are pretty pointless. 

Mind you am not sure what the intangibles are. The scouting network has one huge plus in Kaminski. The rest of the time they are stuck at Boro. 

His intangibles haven't told him the basic premise of build from the back and have a settled team - both of which can be found in the the most basic of introduction to football books.

As for the game. Meh. Didn't watch but sounds like it was another dull one. And more significantly and depressing - it doesn't matter. A draw - we don't go up not down this season so what does it matter? Boring times from a man who has run out of ideas. 

And if you try to define such improvements to infrastructure, even if they exist why cant a new manager use these improvements? A supposed quality scouting network that has plucked a solitary goalkeeper and analysis boots which seem to br par for the course these days and as you say havent resulted in any improvement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Reactionary response indicative of short-term thinking, not of the long-term needs of BRFC. 

What does "win" mean for Rovers? To beat a team on a Saturday to gain three points or is it to put in place the right manager for the good of the club not on just one Saturday afternoon but for the good of our season and the next season to come. Why would having Mowbray stagger on from week to week to give us mid-table mediocrity be an aspiration, why would a result that prolongs the underperformance of our club in the long run be a boon? 

Winning the battle is not much good if we lose the war, is it? 

There’s nothing ‘reactionary’ to my post and any credibility in your theory would depend on you having the slightest idea what Mowbrays position is within the club....which I’m pretty sure you don’t.

For all we know he could lose every game for the rest of the season and still be the manager. So best to leave your judgement on my ‘thinking’ hey? 

The notion of wanting the team to lose has never sat right with me. Supporters want their team to win. The end.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily agree with the view that the players are all that much.

Mowbray has reached his ceiling and has taken us as far as he's capable, but I'm not convinced another manager would get that much more out of this set of players.

A better manager would find better players though.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive not seen a replay from a good angle of either incident but it is of little surprise that you only chose the incident in which Mowbray can claim a hard luck story about.

Well the Commentary have seen a replay and said it was onside and not close to being offside and our coaching team reaction to the Armstrong's goal being offside after being told by our analysis team it was onside. Normal reaction when you know that the goal should have stood.. 

Has Michael O'Neill complained about our goal? what comments have you seen from him about our goal?

17 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy no idea how you can still back Mowbray genuinely don't get it. 

why can't you accept different opinions and there is plenty of Rovers fans on social media who back Mowbray? are we all wrong cos your view is we need a change? 

14 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I'm not sure why you're surprised RoversClitheroe, Chaddy backs every manager even Kean and Coyle

right until the bitter end.

Total and utter BS that gets turn out every time when you cannot accept different opinions thats aren't in line with your own. So why can't accept different opinions?

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If someone said to me Mowbray loses at Swansea and he gets sacked I'd back it very very happily, and enjoy the game.

why would any Rovers fan want their team to lose a game? 

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

A good manager gets this team into playoffs. Mowbray ain't it

says who? 

who says Venkys would appoint a good manager? 

and considering the potential shortlist from the agents we have used for the last 4 managers who would you appoint from that list? The list we produce by @Miller11 a few times?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So the next seven or eight games matter but the last ten dont?

What will you be saying if the next seven or eight don't go to plan?

"Let's see how the last fourteen or fifteen go?"

why can't you just accept my opinion just like I can with you? 

This is a problem with some of you who want change but cannot others don;t. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well the Commentary have seen a replay and said it was onside and not close to being offside and our coaching team reaction to the Armstrong's goal being offside after being told by our analysis team it was onside. Normal reaction when you know that the goal should have stood.. 

Has Michael O'Neill complained about our goal? what comments have you seen from him about our goal?

why can't you accept different opinions and there is plenty of Rovers fans on social media who back Mowbray? are we all wrong cos your view is we need a change? 

Total and utter BS that gets turn out every time when you cannot accept different opinions thats aren't in line with your own. So why can't accept different opinions?

why would any Rovers fan want their team to lose a game? 

says who? 

who says Venkys would appoint a good manager? 

and considering the potential shortlist from the agents we have used for the last 4 managers who would you appoint from that list? The list we produce by @Miller11 a few times?

why can't you just accept my opinion just like I can with you? 

This is a problem with some of you who want change but cannot others don;t. 

You've not answered my question. Why is Mowbray still the man? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

insults just weaken your arguments and show a lack of contempt for other people's opinions who disagree with you. I haven't shown any of this for your opinion.  

Not sure how I insulted you there personally but there you go. Of course you're entitled to your opinion. You obviously must be happy with the standard of football on offer, I just don't understand why. And as for your last line, that makes you look worse than me. Any way sugarplum I'll leave it there 😘