BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

14 hours ago, Miller11 said:

“Unfortunately, at the minute, I cannot give any confirmed dates for their reveal, as there a number of factors that impact this.”

Two paragraphs later…

“The Roverstore has had a full refurbishment and this has been ongoing for the last month or so. We’re on schedule to reopen in line with when we plan to launch the kits.”

Spot the contradiction.

That reads to me like the refurb is potentially delayed and they want to save the kit launch for when it is complete 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unacceptable that we hav launch the new home kit yesterday or today. More excusee

How long have you been around?  You should know this club never does anything right or on time

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I actually wouldn't mind that in red & black as our away shirt (the one CM is wearing obviously)

I agree really nice that. Black and red with the Lancashire rose 🌹 on and it would be a seller

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Blackburn Rovers kit update as Macron partnership starts | Lancashire Telegraph

'Stoke City and Bolton Wanderers have both unveiled their away shits this week, both supplied by Macron, and are priced at £48 for adults'

They've taken their marketing to the next level. Coming soon to the Roverstore ... 

Nothing beats a good home shit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Stoke City and Bolton Wanderers have both unveiled their away shits this week, both supplied by Macron, and are priced at £48 for adults'

They've taken their marketing to the next level. Coming soon to the Roverstore ... 

Ya , well we have home AND away shits, so we win 

10 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

84E2E9F7-1061-4015-91A4-5B86C751AFBF.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t get it at this point. Macron have released kits all around the world, ours isn’t out. Umbro did the same. 

What is it about Rovers that means that no matter the provider, we don’t have a kit to unveil until weeks after every else? 

Ultimately, I’m not too fussed. But it’s so intriguing. 

• Like 6

Probably linked to why the squad's never quite ready for the first game of each season either and why revenue is down. Bad planning, bad foresight and an inability to get things done throughout the club. We seem to have a kit released when there's no choice other than to release a kit i.e. the season is starting. Right now a shirt isn't absolutely necessary so we don't have one. A bit like a squad of permanent players, we will scrape one together on deadline day if allowed to do so.

• Like 1

If this was unusual territory for us then I might believe that it was down to Covid supply delays or issues with switching to a new manufacturer.

But given we are always among the last to release new kits, even when we've been stuck with Umbro for years, that we often turn up for pre season games wearing kits from the year before, given we are late with everything else including ticket sales then I'll file it in the tray with self inflicted issues

Maybe not something that causes concern to most, after all whats a new kit and a few weeks of delay?

Well its pounds through the tills so quite important actually.

Also says something about the setup and image of the club, which you can't put a price on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Probably linked to why the squad's never quite ready for the first game of each season either and why revenue is down. Bad planning, bad foresight and an inability to get things done throughout the club. We seem to have a kit released when there's no choice other than to release a kit i.e. the season is starting. Right now a shirt isn't absolutely necessary so we don't have one. A bit like a squad of permanent players, we will scrape one together on deadline day if allowed to do so.

It’s clearly not our decision, it’s the manufacturers.

I assume our shirt release dates correlate quite closely with sales. Why would Umbro/Macron get ours out ahead of other clubs if we’ll only shift a couple of thousand at best. Most prem clubs have theirs out in May and I doubt that’s a coincidence.

• Backroom

It’s weird I went to the ewood concourse sale a couple of weeks back and when I was paying heard a chap (who I believe to be Warren Lucy going off his voice) talking to the retail manager saying he’d seen something in the flesh and it was majestic.

I assumed he was referring to the kit and a teaser or reveal was imminent but nothing since 

2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s clearly not our decision, it’s the manufacturers.

I assume our shirt release dates correlate quite closely with sales. Why would Umbro/Macron get ours out ahead of other clubs if we’ll only shift a couple of thousand at best. Most prem clubs have theirs out in May and I doubt that’s a coincidence.

Might not be our decision but if we waited until the last minute to confirm everything we'll have been punted to the back of the queue behind everyone else with actual organisation behind the scenes.

It's all speculation though so who know?

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s weird I went to the ewood concourse sale a couple of weeks back and when I was paying heard a chap (who I believe to be Warren Lucy going off his voice) talking to the retail manager saying he’d seen something in the flesh and it was majestic.

I assumed he was referring to the kit and a teaser or reveal was imminent but nothing since 

Talking about Madam D's arse perhaps??

Edited by Roverthechimp
  • Like 1