BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Surely if sales of the away shirt are so impressive to decimate the sales of the home, then that’s still a positive for the club, with sales just up in general?

If that is achieved, possibly yes. The impression I had was home shirt sales were significantly down and not outweighed by the away sales, it also left more excess home shirt stock than we'd usually have and so that translates to a loss when they have to be sold off cheap or disposed of. 

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

If that is achieved, possibly yes. The impression I had was home shirt sales were significantly down and not outweighed by the away sales, it also left more excess home shirt stock than we'd usually have and so that translates to a loss when they have to be sold off cheap or disposed of. 

I always think it would be healthy to have a home shirt for two seasons when you've got a long term contract under a manufacturer, and bring out a new away kit each year to keep some uniqueness. Keeps costs down, puts less pressure on fans financially to keep up with the Jones'. 

Two years was always the case up to around the millennium when clubs suddenly saw the £ signs and switched to two/three new kits every summer.

But sure I read the other week that a few clubs are reverting back to a two year home kit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Two years was always the case up to around the millennium when clubs suddenly saw the £ signs and switched to two/three new kits every summer.

But sure I read the other week that a few clubs are reverting back to a two year home kit.

Yes quite a few in Scotland and lower down the pyramid are shifting back to this

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

is the Alternate kit not the ladies team 

Alternate is what third kits are now known as. It wouldn't surprise me if we have a third/alternate kit even if it's not needed. Pretty much every club in the world does it and we were one of the few to not have one every season.

Norwich always seem to have third/alternate kits that aren't needed and Newcastle seem to do it a lot too.

A few seasons back Everton had a third kit that was only needed for their away game against Crystal Palace. The trouble was that it was the first game of the season and the kit hadn't been released at that point so they had to wear their away kit from the previous season.

Edited by Gumbi

We can't say for sure whether the kit would have been shown/teased/released yet if we'd stayed with Umbro.

Burnley's kits haven't been revealed yet, but Derby, Brentford, Shrewsbury and Hull have.

Likewise, those teams who have been with Macron for sometime, some have shown all the kits, eg. Nottingham Forest

Others have shown their home or away only, see Bolton and Reading

Us, along with newly Macron supplied Sheffield Wed are still waiting for any reveals.

As stated by the club, the new kits are likely still in transit, or have arrived and are awaiting a photoshoot at Ewood or Brockhall before release. That could be today, tomorrow, next week or the start of August.

Last 10 Rovers home shirt reveal dates

2011/12 - Revealed 11th July 2011 (A month before the season opener) ~ New principal sponsor The Prince's Trust

2012/13 - Revealed 17th May 2012 (4 days after end of the disaster of 2011/12, 2 1/2 MONTHS before the season opener) ~ No principal sponsor until 2013 when Probiz added their emblem to the shirts.

2013/14 - Revealed 2nd July 2013 (4 1/2 weeks before the season opener) ~ First year with Nike, RFS sponsorship added later

2014/15 - Revealed 15th July 2014 (3 1/2 weeks before the season opener) ~ Birdy's big date 😆 New principal sponsor Zebra Claims

2015/16 - Revealed 3rd July 2015 (5 weeks before the season opener) ~ Last year with Nike ~ New principal sponsor Dafabet

2016/17 - Revealed 12th July 2016 (3 weeks before the season opener) ~ New kit supplier Umbro

2017/18 - Revealed 14th June 2017 (8 weeks before the season opener)

2018/19 - Revealed 18th July 2018 (16 days before the season opener) ~ New principal sponsor 10 Bet

2019/20 - Revealed 3rd July 2019 (A month before the season opener)

2020/21 - Revealed 29th August 2020 (14 days before the season opener - of course the season didn't start until 12th September) ~ New principal sponsor Recoverite

2021/22 - Season opener is 2 1/2 weeks away ~ New kit supplier Macron

N.B. The change shirts may have been revealed earlier than the dates shown, also, the release dates to the fans may be considerably later than the dates shown.

Interesting to see that whilst it feels like its far too late to be revealing the new kit now, it isn't that far removed from several others over the years.

Add into that difficulties moving goods during a global pandemic and post Brexit.

I'd expect Macron to be more prompt next season.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I understand that Rovers plan to play in their new home kit at Bradford and the new away kit at the Leeds game.

That is what Crooke is saying. 

Shame we won't be able to the Bradford on Saturday to see the new home kit but I'm sure Rovers will unveil it on Friday. 

Any idea when the club shop will be back open please?

I have spoken to someone to the club who inform me that the club are still waiting for the kits from Macron to be receive from them. Hope to have them before Saturday game. 

The club shop will be open if the new kits have arrive from Macron for the Leeds game

I understand the kits haven't arrived, but surely they could get Macron to take some pictures of them over in Italy and stick them out on social media/website. Start pre-order sales and build some hype. People can start to collect at the Leeds or Swansea games and then deliver out the others after that once they're all here. 

If the away kit is what I'm told it is, a pre-sale for these kits would do really well and might help offset some of the season ticket losses. 

Surely this is plausible?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I understand the kits haven't arrived, but surely they could get Macron to take some pictures of them over in Italy and stick them out on social media/website. Start pre-order sales and build some hype. People can start to collect at the Leeds or Swansea games and then deliver out the others after that once they're all here. 

If the away kit is what I'm told it is, a pre-sale for these kits would do really well and might help offset some of the season ticket losses. 

Surely this is plausible?

Joe, You are correct that the kits haven't arrived at Rovers yet. They are hopefully they will be here by Friday but the club couldn't confirmed this would happen when I spoke to someone who is involved in the Kits process. 

They were hopeful that kits would be available for sale on Wednesday for the Leeds game but the club is waiting on Macron to deliver them