BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Too many 'reverses' of colour on that shirt. Looks like a Rovers-themed jester top.

It's iconic and just about perfection.

Put the badge on and it would be perfect.

Jesters? We have them in abundance as owners and management. Or clowns of the Pennywise variety.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Now that is what I call a Rovers kit.

Agreed…the first Rovers kit you ever see imprints on your memory & becomes *the* Rovers kit forever…

I always had a soft spot for the Asics/CIS one as it was a terrific update of the classic 60’s kit.

41C54489-5A14-4BEA-9078-50B01EB6A165.jpeg

669C7EB7-B393-453D-A99E-422A44F5653B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Now that is what I call a Rovers kit.

That's my favourite all time kit Tyrone. I know we live in different times but it beauty is it's simplicity and no manufacturers or sponsors logo. They did retro versions of the older shirts which were sold in the club shop and they were actually 100% cotton.

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's my favourite all time kit Tyrone. I know we live in different times but it beauty is it's simplicity and no manufacturers or sponsors logo. They did retro versions of the older shirts which were sold in the club shop and they were actually 100% cotton.

It’s probably my favourite as well. Times were different then, we must have worn that same kit for the best part of 10 years ! Imagine that now. I remember the first game we wore it at - Everton at home on the 17th of November 1962. It was cracking match that we won 3-2 after being 1-2 down late in the game. A Bryan Douglas penalty won it in the last minute. He sent Gordon West in the Everton goal the wrong way by a mile in the teeth of a snow storm. Big Fred ran them ragged all afternoon, I think that was when Everton took notice of him. Happy days.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Agreed…the first Rovers kit you ever see imprints on your memory & becomes *the* Rovers kit forever…

41C54489-5A14-4BEA-9078-50B01EB6A165.jpeg

With white shorts and white socks with blue bands around the top, that kit is a thing of beauty.

If I had my way it would still be our kit today and for all time, never to be changed

Rovers are renowned for playing in halved (not quarter) shirts and for an away kit (worn only when the opposing team has blue and white) I always liked the black and red halved kit, (with black shorts and socks IIRC)

They would be our 2 kits, and that's it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riversider28 said:

Apparently, in a bid to fleece our loyal supporters even more, Waggot is pushing to make this shirt compulsory attire if the temperature goes above 20 degrees C.

BA651D30-9715-49BA-A497-0B547F3647F4.jpeg

What on earth is that other than a quick-fire way to end up on a sex offenders register? 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 11:02, jim mk2 said:

With white shorts and white socks with blue bands around the top, that kit is a thing of beauty.

If I had my way it would still be our kit today and for all time, never to be changed

Rovers are renowned for playing in halved (not quarter) shirts and for an away kit (worn only when the opposing team has blue and white) I always liked the black and red halved kit, (with black shorts and socks IIRC)

They would be our 2 kits, and that's it

We also had a really nice short sleeved version of that kit for games on hot days.

This is the back of the new keeper shirt and the alignment of the numbers is why I won't get shirts printed by the club as they don't seem to understand how to do it properly. It's not the first time I noticed it on our shirts either.

Edited by Gumbi

On 23/07/2021 at 19:50, Sparks Rover said:

I want more red in the kit. My very first Rovers scarf was red white and blue. Red on the v collar for me.

Same thought, just a bit more red as accent color in the collar or sleeve will be make the shirt feels more complete.

Now, its just safe. Nothing wrong but just safe. Last season was better imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gumbi said:

This is the back of the new keeper shirt and the alignment of the numbers is why I won't get shirts printed by the club as they don't seem to understand how to do it properly. It's not the first time I noticed it on our shirts either.

That’s clearly a last minute change to a shirt with 1 already on it…

• Like 1

Yeah that 3 is very much an addition to an off the shelf GK kit. I'm a bit concerned if the club has got the placement wrong on home shirts in the past, we must have the easiest kit to get it right with - there's a bloody centre line for petes sake!

• Like 2