BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

It’s funny seeing the Chileans on social media posts demanding Brereton(-Diaz) constantly. I noticed on the home kit reveal and thought they’d definitely show him on the away kit. Instead we were given Gallagher. 

Small complaint but come on, give the fans what they want to see. Let’s see Brereton-Diaz in a home and away kit. They might be bloody tempted to buy it!! That’s if Waggot won’t try and screw them over on international shipping 

• Like 4

On 26/07/2021 at 14:23, Dreams of 1995 said:

It’s funny seeing the Chileans on social media posts demanding Brereton(-Diaz) constantly. I noticed on the home kit reveal and thought they’d definitely show him on the away kit. Instead we were given Gallagher. 

Small complaint but come on, give the fans what they want to see. Let’s see Brereton-Diaz in a home and away kit. They might be bloody tempted to buy it!! That’s if Waggot won’t try and screw them over on international shipping 

He was probably at the Copa america when the promotional material was being created

• Like 2

Wasn't sold on the home kit but the away one I'm all aboard. Loved the red and black halves last time we did it and always wondered why it isn't our go-to away kit most seasons. The sponsor looks better on it than the bet 24 did too.

Question for the fellow kit geeks like myself...

Will we see blue shorts for the away matches at Blackpool/Stoke/Sheffield Utd etc...

Last two trips to Blackpool have seen us wear our away kits. The teal nike kit, as worn by match winner Rudy Gestede and in the League One promotion season, the Black with Red pinstripe effort, as worn by match winner Charlie Mulgrew.

That said, our home kit has been sufficient against Luton for the past few of seasons. Though Luton do wear navy shorts as standard.

Similarly, we wore the grey away kit in our last game at Bramall Lane, cup defeat a couple of seasons back.

Or will there be a 3rd kit option? A single block colour, either light or dark, being the obvious choice.

After today's kit reveal, my way too early guess/prediction would be for a yellow shirt with blue pinstripes as next seasons away kit.

Always love an away kit with red and black halves and might purchase one out of principle * at age 57 * but I think the white collar looks terrible, it's nowhere near as nice as the Roque Santa's Cruz version imo.

The home kit I'm not overly sold on, again don't like the collar at all.

*KHod - wash your mouth out you young whippersnapper*

🙂🤣

Edit: Was relying on long distance pics from the Bradford game for the home shirt, having now looked at it properly I think the collar works a lot better on the home than on the away kit.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I assume they filmed this before his return to the STC

On 26/07/2021 at 16:59, RevidgeBlue said:

Always love an away kit with red and black halves and might purchase one out of principle * at age 57 * but I think the white collar looks terrible, it's nowhere near as nice as the Roque Santa's Cruz version imo.

The home kit I'm not overly sold on, again don't like the collar at all.

*KHod - wash your mouth out you young whippersnapper*

🙂🤣

Edit: Was relying on long distance pics from the Bradford game for the home shirt, having now looked at it properly I think the collar works a lot better on the home than on the away kit.

I think the white collar looks great tbh. It’s my favourite away kit since the Time sponsored black and red striped one of the Souness promotion season. 

Each shirt costs about a months wage probably, to the average Chilean.

Palace recently decided that they were actually founded back in 1861 and not 1905 as they had claimed for the last 100+ years.

I don't know the ins and outs of it but it seems someone has managed to find a link to the original Crystal Palace team and that's enough for them to claim status as one of the oldest clubs in the world. 

Whether it is actually true or not I doubt they care as it seems to be all about proving that they are older/more historical than their London rivals.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 09:29, JHRover said:

Palace recently decided that they were actually founded back in 1861 and not 1905 as they had claimed for the last 100+ years.

I don't know the ins and outs of it but it seems someone has managed to find a link to the original Crystal Palace team and that's enough for them to claim status as one of the oldest clubs in the world. 

Whether it is actually true or not I doubt they care as it seems to be all about proving that they are older/more historical than their London rivals.

The original Crystal Palace were founded in 1861 and were dissolved in 1876. Although both teams were founded by the same company, how they can claim to have existed for 160 years when for 29 of those years they didn't exist is bizarre to say the least. It seems they want to be recognised for something as they have no major trophies to their name.

• Like 2

On 27/07/2021 at 09:29, JHRover said:

Bit like when folk try and claim Stanley (third team to come out of Accrington as late as 1968) as being ‘Founder Members’

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 09:39, Gumbi said:

The original Crystal Palace were founded in 1861 and were dissolved in 1876. Although both teams were founded by the same company, how they can claim to have existed for 160 years when for 29 of those years they didn't exist is bizarre to say the least. It seems they want to be recognised for something as they have no major trophies to their name.

Founded by the same company is the flimsiest of grounds anyway. The club is the club, not the company that owns it. We aren't Venkys, just ran (ruined) by them.

I guess Tesla were founded whenever PayPal was founded too.

Your argument is spot on too. AFC Darwen don't officially get to claim to be Darwen FC anymore because of some money problems and a very short spell out of business, so Palace can definitely get to fuck with a 29-year gap!!

• Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 23:38, inflikted said:

Utterly disgusting.

I mean it’s a nice shirt but it is a Rovers shirt.

They can claim they had it first off they want - I don’t imagine there are any colour photos of it - but that is a Rovers shirt.

There’s a video on YouTube and the Palace fans in the comments are all salivating over it. Just cements the fact that Blackburn Rovers have the best and most iconic kit in the country.

Just a shame the clowns currently in charge of the club don’t have a clue, and we are back to playing in blue in the first half and playing in white in the second.

• Like 3