BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

Still amazed at the balls of CPFC claiming that their ‘origin’, and therefore blue and white halves, is from 1861 (making them the oldest club in the world too), though that club went bust in 1876, modern iteration not forming for THIRTY YEARS until 1905… and have played in a totally different part of London (Croydon not even being part of London until the mid 60s’) for the most part.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 18/01/2021 at 00:26, JHRover said:

I hope we get a deal with Kappa, Hummel, Under Armour, Macron or maybe Puma. Adidas, Nike and Umbro are as dull as anything.

Last decade we seem to have just followed Umbro around - going right back to 2007 with only a couple of seasons with Nike (who inherited the Umbro deal when they bought them out).

About time we go and get a manufacturer that makes more of an effort and provides a good range of stuff at some sort of reasonable price.

you got your wish 

On 09/08/2021 at 06:21, Mattyblue said:

Still amazed at the balls of CPFC claiming that their ‘origin’, and therefore blue and white halves, is from 1861 (making them the oldest club in the world too), though that club went bust in 1876, modern iteration not forming for THIRTY YEARS until 1905… and have played in a totally different part of London (Croydon not even being part of London until the mid 60s’) for the most part.

They've got nothing else to talk about. As long as the rest of the world don't take it seriously.

Mind you in the London centric/obsessed world of Sky expect them to start hailing them as the 'oldest' club.

Fulham have been marketing themselves on similar lines - branding themselves as 'London's Originals' as they are older than anyone else.

I have an issue with Stoke City claiming to have been founded in 1863 making them the oldest or second oldest side around. Firstly there was no mention of Stoke City back then, but Stoke Ramblers, and there's significant uncertainty as to when they were actually formed. It wasn't until 1878 that they became known as Stoke FC which is how they joined the Football League. They also went bankrupt at the start of the 1900s which raises a question as to whether the same club then rejoined the league later or a new one.

A nice call back. Nothing wrong with the kit itself. A little boring perhaps but the main issue is that I can only think of one game where you could justify wearing it!

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All for it. Red and black, yellow with blue trim are the quintessential away Rovers colours.

But surely the yellow should’ve been held back for next season? 

I feel similar. Or given it's the 30th anniversary of the play-off final, this should have been the away kit this year with the red and black one held back for next season. I can't think of any games where we need to wear this kit this season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All for it. Red and black, yellow with blue trim are the quintessential away Rovers colours.

But surely the yellow should’ve been held back for next season? 

Am I the only one wondering how Macron are going to raise the bar next season ? 😉

If Mike Graveston reads this….inspiration attached 😉

30E255F6-E88E-4427-9196-E3543A826F23.jpeg

• Like 4

I suppose the question is whether a third kit was always the plan (seems unnecessary to me especially using a landmark such as the 30th anniversary of 1991-92 promotion.

Or whether we've been forced to get a third kit because of supply issues with the home and away kits and Macron had some spare to put in the club shop.