BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

I would imagine the reason we need a third kit for tomorrow is down to the home kit being all blue on one side and the away being all black on one side which would both be deemed to clash with Millwall's kit. I would fully expect us to wear it against both Stoke and Sheffield United too.

Third kits are pretty much standard for all teams now, whether they need them or not. Norwich always release pointless third kits, and Crystal Palace have a released a pointless third kit this season too as have Brentford.

The only thing that concerns me about the new kit is that is doesn't mention that it will available to buy online, which would extremely inconvenient.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

All for it. Red and black, yellow with blue trim are the quintessential away Rovers colours.

But surely the yellow should’ve been held back for next season? 

Nah yellow is a crap kit colour, rather we got it out the way this year in the form of one we will barely wear 😛

55 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I'm all for slagging off the way the club is run but they can't really win sometimes.

Finally partner with a provider who put some effort into kits (albeit with constrained supply for home/away) and they're accused of arriving there by accident.

Yes and it's unecessery to use the 30th anniversary of the play off win. 

Like, why?? I don't understand 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 16:46, chaddyrovers said:

I don't blame Rovers or the retail manager for the lack of stock but Macron for the late delivery of the shirt and the lack of enough start. 

Plus I don't like that new shirt are fitted so will be far too tight

Order a bigger size…? 🤔

On 11/08/2021 at 14:08, JHRover said:

They've got nothing else to talk about. As long as the rest of the world don't take it seriously.

Mind you in the London centric/obsessed world of Sky expect them to start hailing them as the 'oldest' club.

Fulham have been marketing themselves on similar lines - branding themselves as 'London's Originals' as they are older than anyone else.

I have an issue with Stoke City claiming to have been founded in 1863 making them the oldest or second oldest side around. Firstly there was no mention of Stoke City back then, but Stoke Ramblers, and there's significant uncertainty as to when they were actually formed. It wasn't until 1878 that they became known as Stoke FC which is how they joined the Football League. They also went bankrupt at the start of the 1900s which raises a question as to whether the same club then rejoined the league later or a new one.

Sheffield FC 1857 - and they've got gorgeous kits this year too 👀

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_F.C.

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes and it's unecessery to use the 30th anniversary of the play off win. 

Like, why?? I don't understand 

Unneccessary? How? It's good that we support a club with historical achievements like that and we should be rightfully proud of them.

Love all this year's shirts. Gonna be expensive getting BB Diaz 22 on each!

Edited by S8 & Blue

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

All for it. Red and black, yellow with blue trim are the quintessential away Rovers colours.

But surely the yellow should’ve been held back for next season? 

Next season, do yellow and blue halves, and red with black trim

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Sheffield FC 1857 - and they've got gorgeous kits this year too 👀

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_F.C.

Unneccessary? How? It's good that we support a club with historical achievements like that and we should be rightfully proud of them.

Love all this year's shirts. Gonna be expensive getting BB Diaz 22 on each!

Another poster said that..I was agreeing that I didn't understand why that slant was worth focusing on. I didn't word it very clearly actually 

I call the club for almost everything these days but I’m struggling to understand anything but a fair play and well done for those three kits. I normally buy retro rovers shirts but I will be acquiring all three of these at some point . Well done macron 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 5

Some really odd negativity in here, but I guess that's the mood around the fanbase right now. Another great kit in my eyes 👍

Regarding the availability, does anyone know where the kits are made? I would assume Italy? We're in the midst of a global shipping crisis, take it from someone who knows its an absolute nightmare getting stock right now and no sign of it easing unless you pay way over the odds. We're going to see many empty shelves and inflated prices in shops pre Xmas folks so my advice to you all is buy early this year!

Three nice shirts really. When Mowbray leaves we will probably purchase three shirts.

#oldshirtsontil…

Oh stop it Stuart, nobody cares about any kind of symbolic but financially impactful protest to put any pressure on, they’d prefer to only moan on a messageboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Some really odd negativity in here, but I guess that's the mood around the fanbase right now. Another great kit in my eyes 👍

Regarding the availability, does anyone know where the kits are made? I would assume Italy? We're in the midst of a global shipping crisis, take it from someone who knows its an absolute nightmare getting stock right now and no sign of it easing unless you pay way over the odds. We're going to see many empty shelves and inflated prices in shops pre Xmas folks so my advice to you all is buy early this year!

I think they are made in the Far East then shipped to Europe 

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think they are made in the Far East then shipped to Europe 

That definitely explains it then. 

The price has gone over 20k dollars a container now (that's if you can even manage to get containers) its an absolute mess.

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I call the club for almost everything these days but I’m struggling to understand anything but a fair play and well done for those three kits. I normally buy retro rovers shirts but I will be acquiring all three of these at some point . Well done macron 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Yeah, but have the gone the whole hog and done possibly three of our best kits in one go? Not a fan of the half's either, but still, very good debut by them. How can they better it next season?