Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

 

Sheffield FC 1857 - and they've got gorgeous kits this year too 👀

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_F.C.

 

Unneccessary? How? It's good that we support a club with historical achievements like that and we should be rightfully proud of them.

Love all this year's shirts. Gonna be expensive getting BB Diaz 22 on each!

Another poster said that..I was agreeing that I didn't understand why that slant was worth focusing on. I didn't word it very clearly actually 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I call the club for almost everything these days but I’m struggling to understand anything but a fair play and well done for those three kits. I normally buy retro rovers shirts but I will be acquiring all three of these at some point . Well done macron 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some really odd negativity in here, but I guess that's the mood around the fanbase right now. Another great kit in my eyes 👍

Regarding the availability, does anyone know where the kits are made? I would assume Italy? We're in the midst of a global shipping crisis, take it from someone who knows its an absolute nightmare getting stock right now and no sign of it easing unless you pay way over the odds. We're going to see many empty shelves and inflated prices in shops pre Xmas folks so my advice to you all is buy early this year!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three nice shirts really. When Mowbray leaves we will probably purchase three shirts.

#oldshirtsontil…

Oh stop it Stuart, nobody cares about any kind of symbolic but financially impactful protest to put any pressure on, they’d prefer to only moan on a messageboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Some really odd negativity in here, but I guess that's the mood around the fanbase right now. Another great kit in my eyes 👍

Regarding the availability, does anyone know where the kits are made? I would assume Italy? We're in the midst of a global shipping crisis, take it from someone who knows its an absolute nightmare getting stock right now and no sign of it easing unless you pay way over the odds. We're going to see many empty shelves and inflated prices in shops pre Xmas folks so my advice to you all is buy early this year!

 

I think they are made in the Far East then shipped to Europe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think they are made in the Far East then shipped to Europe 

That definitely explains it then. 

The price has gone over 20k dollars a container now (that's if you can even manage to get containers) its an absolute mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I call the club for almost everything these days but I’m struggling to understand anything but a fair play and well done for those three kits. I normally buy retro rovers shirts but I will be acquiring all three of these at some point . Well done macron 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Yeah, but have the gone the whole hog and done possibly three of our best kits in one go? Not a fan of the half's either, but still, very good debut by them. How can they better it next season? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ossydave said:

That definitely explains it then. 

The price has gone over 20k dollars a container now (that's if you can even manage to get containers) its an absolute mess.

we get a container every 3 months and the prices are just ridiculous, but while retailers (or whoever is buying) pay, then they'll continue charging.  Without getting political, are we importing that much more to justify the rocketing container costs or is just profiteering post-Suez?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Easy, make the kit look right with the halves on the side they should be 

I think they'll revert back to the traditional way next season. When home kits have been released in the past, there are usually comments about it looking exactly the same as a previous kit, so having the halves the way they are this season stops that and may increase sales as a result of it.

In regards to the third kit, I'm wondering if this is why the club turned down Ribero's offer to repreoduce the play-off kit, as they alreadyhad plans to have a remake of it this season and didn't want to harm sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JWU-Andy said:

we get a container every 3 months and the prices are just ridiculous, but while retailers (or whoever is buying) pay, then they'll continue charging.  Without getting political, are we importing that much more to justify the rocketing container costs or is just profiteering post-Suez?

Oh mate there's a whole host of reasons.

Oil prices up

Port congestion, brexit hasn't helped cos of additional paperwork customs declarations etc 

Lack of equipment, the whole suez canal fiasco meant containers sat in the wrong places and even now ports like Ningbo are short 

Obviously covid. Outbreaks in China at Ningbo and Yantian will close whole ports, they take no risks. I believe Yantian may be locking down again.

Add to that the shipping companies have us all by the bollocks, whoever pays most gets their stock. Big dogs like Amazon will pay it and cripple the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went in for the yellow shirt for me and my daughter . Told sometime in September. So bought the red and black one for us both. Asked is there anywhere to try it on. Obviously there wasn’t. So bought them and took them to McDonald’s toilets to try on. Both where miles to small my seven year old needed a 12-13 and my large which in every other shirt football or not fits wouldn’t go over my head. Took mine back obviously they had no other sizes so had to refund me 50 quid . Best make the walk on tax a fiver before the fans get blamed for us not generating enough income

Edited by Oldgregg86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Went in for the yellow shirt for me and my daughter . Told sometime in September. So bought the red and black one for us both. Asked is there anywhere to try it on. Obviously there wasn’t. So bought them and took them to McDonald’s toilets to try on. Both where miles to small my seven year old needed a 12-13 and my large which in every other shirt football or not fits wouldn’t go over my head. Took mine back obviously they had no other sizes so had to refund me 50 quid . Best make the walk on tax a fiver before the fans get blamed for us not generating enough income

seems the shirt sizes are well out and seem small for a normal football shirt. 

Look like I won't be buying one then despite likely all 3 shirts for the first time in years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

seems the shirt sizes are well out and seem small for a normal football shirt. 

Look like I won't be buying one then despite likely all 3 shirts for the first time in years

Yeah I went in today with the premise of buying all three for me and one each for the kids (I know top dad 😂) and now just the kids have one each

Edited by Oldgregg86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t wanna be that guy but I really don’t understand complaints about sizing. I’m normally M or L (depending on level of activity in previous few months ha ha). This year large fits perfectly well for me. Do you all want your shirts to fit like a tent?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Don’t wanna be that guy but I really don’t understand complaints about sizing. I’m normally M or L (depending on level of activity in previous few months ha ha). This year large fits perfectly well for me. Do you all want your shirts to fit like a tent?

If an adult male M or L fits you, good on you.👏  I have a couple of 12 year olds who need large mens in macron 🙄 very huggy

Edited by Sparks Rover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/08/2021 at 14:09, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Jesus!....the height and chest sizes are way out for us East Lancs Pie eaters😆

Tell me about it! Looking at the chest sizes, I'm going to need 3XL but with the height guide it'll probably be down to my knees!

I can always get a belt & wear it as a dress I suppose 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching Genoa v Napoli. Genoa playing in a proper Ted and Black halves with reversed halves and sleeves. Just like we should have and used to have. Class act unlike our tossers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Watching Genoa v Napoli. Genoa playing in a proper Ted and Black halves with reversed halves and sleeves. Just like we should have and used to have. Class act unlike our tossers 

We have plenty of things to berate the club about at the minute. However the design of this season’s kits isn’t one of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.