BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

We all say things with certainty, otherwise why would any of us say anything? Why have a thread all about the kits if nobody can make comment on the kit situation unless they work in the Marketing Department at Nike or Umbro?

Seems like another case of just making a passing comment about a person rather than their post in my opinion, for no real reason! I don't get it.

In my view, the club has no duty to involve the supporters in the kit design process. You could argue they may benefit from doing it, but they certainly don't have to. if you go back to the original comment on this matter, the complaint from somebody was that the "fans are always last to know" on everything - my point, which is now going off on a tangent - is that of course we're the last to know, as we are the end user.

Obviously they dont have to. But surely by doing, they encourage and potentially cause additional sales by bringing out a shirt popular by fans who have chosen it. Its not a moral duty.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously they dont have to. But surely by doing, they encourage and potentially cause additional sales by bringing out a shirt popular by fans who have chosen it. Its not a moral duty.

And what happens if some fans dont like what some fans chose?

Surely you could only do any kind of fans opinion on away shirt? Not much you could do with our Blue and White home shirt? 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what happens if some fans dont like what some fans chose?

Surely you could only do any kind of fans opinion on away shirt? Not much you could do with our Blue and White home shirt? 

Surely you understand the concept of a vote and how the most popular will win said vote?

If I recall, they had votes for both shirts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Your version is one of fantasy in my view. It's not that I WANT it to be that way, more that it IS that way. Realism, not memory loss.

You would be right, if you weren’t not.

If the marketeers were right then we’d be selling shirts to every single Rovers fan. I’ve not bought one for years because they are so badly designed.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely you understand the concept of a vote and how the most popular will win said vote?

That was previous owners and directors years ago. 

So some people who might buy the shirt normally might not do if the shirt design isnt to their likely? You understand it's not moral duty. 

Do you ever buy shirts each season?

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The shirts we voted for were never released as they were Lonsdale designs. Umbro took over making the kits but chose to keep with the red and black halves for the away kit as that what was voted for.

I think most kit manufacturers tend to stay away from kit votes as it leads to knock-off's being made before the real one is released, which is why kit votes only tend to happen for clubs in League One or below as knock-off's are much less likely to be made.

Edited by Gumbi

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was previous owners and directors years ago. 

So some people who might buy the shirt normally might not do if the shirt design isnt to their likely? You understand it's not moral duty. 

Do you ever buy shirts each season?

No, I have not had a Rovers shirt since I was in my teens. Dont see the point in buying a football shirt as an adult.

Obviously it is impossible to get a shirt that is 100% popular, but a vote ensures that at least it is as popular as it can be.

JoeH the point I was making was part of the follow up market research being conducted by the club. There is no communication from the club on every matter regarding our club hence why we are always the last to know!

A point being that Dack has undergone massive surgery yesterday yet no comments from the club on how it went, previously there have always been comments that it went well etc.

Rovers wall of silence needs knocking down and fan relationships need building back big time!

We would hope that season ticket news would be out by now, yet again it isn’t because the club are notoriously pitiful in getting messages and information out to its fans!

‘The club is delighted to offer current season ticket holders Premium Access to next season’s home shirt. For just £74.99 you have exclusive rights for shirt purchases for a whole 24 hours AND a signed postcard of Harry Chapman’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

This from Mansfield Town is a great gesture....

474B9705-1DA6-42D0-824A-0880C1A7E5BF.jpeg

If only we were that kind of club.

(Supporter) Loyalty isn’t valued by Venkys or Waggott.

Stuck around for L1? Here, have a price rise but don’t worry we’ll lie to your face about it being an early bird discount to make you feel good about it.

Care about Jack‘s legacy? Hey, so do we! That’s why we are carving up Brockhall for housing as part of our ‘absolutely respecting the legacy of Jack Walker’ initiative. We were just about to announce it, right before the leak.

Carried on buying a season ticket every year even when we backed Kean following relegation? Don’t worry we didn’t forget, that’s why we gave you... Owen Coyle.

Value the club? So do we! That’s why we chucked £200m on it chasing failure. Here, have a free pie.

Think your loyalty deserves better than crap football, losing matches, relegation form via the worst runs in your history, and being patronised by Mowbray? Hard luck peasants.

• Like 8

On 02/04/2021 at 15:31, Stuart said:

You would be right, if you weren’t not.

If the marketeers were right then we’d be selling shirts to every single Rovers fan. I’ve not bought one for years because they are so badly designed.

Prior to Christmas I privately offered someone at Rovers a one day studio shoot for Rovers to launch this seasons kit. They provide the players and kit, I provide the creative, studio space, crew, camera gear, lighting and post production free of charge. Zero cost to Rovers. That offer was based on a 50/50 profit share for every additional shirt sold next season compared to this season. Worst case scenario it cost them nothing, best case scenario they made money. 

They said they’d consider it and come back to me. They never came back. Offer still stands, if you’re reading. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Prior to Christmas I privately offered someone at Rovers a one day studio shoot for Rovers to launch this seasons kit. They provide the players and kit, I provide the creative, studio space, crew, camera gear, lighting and post production free of charge. Zero cost to Rovers. That offer was based on a 50/50 profit share for every additional shirt sold next season compared to this season. Worst case scenario it cost them nothing, best case scenario they made money. 

They said they’d consider it and come back to me. They never came back. Offer still stands, if you’re reading. 

Can't really blame them turning that down to be fair. You take some pictures and then get half of , what, 70 quid for each additional jersey. Sure numerous factors could lead to a boost in jersey sales. Fair play to you for chancing your arm anyway. LOL 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can't really blame them turning that down to be fair. You take some pictures and then get half of , what, 70 quid for each additional jersey. Sure numerous factors could lead to a boost in jersey sales. Fair play to you for chancing your arm anyway. LOL 

Probably not £70. Let’s assume the shirt is £50 and Rovers make 40% profit on that - so they earn £20 per shirt sold. 

Let’s say a basic shoot costs 24K including VAT. I’m essentially gambling that I can create a piece of content that sells 2,400 additional shirts. Anything less than that I have lost money. If it only sold 1,000 extra shirts, Rovers would have made £10,000 and I would have lost £14,000. 

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Probably not £70. Let’s assume the shirt is £50 and Rovers make 40% profit on that - so they earn £20 per shirt sold. 

Let’s say a basic shoot costs 24K including VAT. I’m essentially gambling that I can create a piece of content that sells 2,400 additional shirts. Anything less than that I have lost money. If it only sold 1,000 extra shirts, Rovers would have made £10,000 and I would have lost £14,000. 

I don't get how it would cost you £24,000, but how and ever. Good luck with it 

5 hours ago, J*B said:

£24,000? Blimey

39 minutes ago, WilpshireRover said:

I'm not trying to goad you or be provocative, but I'd love to know how a basic photo shoot (when you aren't paying for the models, in this case the players or any kit) comes out at £24,000? 😲

I often produce campaigns for other clubs - I won’t name them since I’m talking finance, but 24K is peanuts in comparison to what they spend on kit launches. The suggestion I made was for stills and film content... and certainly wouldn’t be basic. Basic is pointless in advertising. 

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I often produce campaigns for other clubs - I won’t name them since I’m talking finance, but 24K is peanuts in comparison to what they spend on kit launches. The suggestion I made was for stills and film content... and certainly wouldn’t be basic. Basic is pointless in advertising. 

I think they're seeing your use of 'basic' and interpreting it as 'bare bones' rather than 'standard'.