BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

4 hours ago, Gareth Devlin said:

At this rate I'd take admiral or diadora before macron. 

Admiral made the 1980 England shirt, which is an absolute classic.

Diadora make some really good footy boots, and the Borg Elite is one of the best trainers ever produced.

Macron makes Donnay look premium.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair, that article doesn't really say there'll definitely be a £2m stitch pitch it's Waggott saying he's going to try and obtain the finance for one.

Looks like he's failed in that task and it's yet another addition to his rapidly growing catalogue of failures since joining the Club.

He also said that if all else failed he could maybe ask the owners but was trying not to. Can we even know for certain if he has asked them?

Fairly illuminating that Cheston was telling the Fans Forum that finance could be arranged for the new training centre to be built yet we apparently can't raise the relatively much more modest sum of £2m for a new pitch.

I think that says everything about what the likelihood of a new training centre of any decent specification would have been.

Waggott dangled a carrott to us all and if he knew that's whatever was doing he's a bigger snake than I thought. I wonder if Mowbray was under the impression there would be a new pitch too.

Regarding Macron

Within the extended family here, there are a few different Macron  Perth Glory shirts knocking about and still worn. Might be a year out but think the oldest one is about 2014, from casual viewing they still look in good condition.

Obviously most of the adults are worn going to the games on a casual basis etc but know the kids wear them constantly for kick a bouts in the park every week etc.

Don't own any myself purple a bit close to claret for my liking.

So from a small sample quality seems ok.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

I think Umbro have been very mixed since they returned in 16/17

16/17 - Solid home, nice navy away kit, teamwear Red shirt showed no imagination. 7/10

17/18 - Unmemorable home, classic away kit - the best in this era of Umbro (IMO) 8/10

18/19 - Not a huge fan of the pale home blue, standard yellow/navy combination in the away, not helped by the sponsors. 5/10

19/20 - Weakest year for kits with that Grey effort, home shirt better, but still not the correct shade of blue, teamwear navy third shouldn't really have been necessary, particularly when mixed and matched with the home shorts and white socks. 4/10

20/21 - Obviously not seen too many in the flesh, probably the best home shirt in the recent Umbro era, away shirt has nice detailing, neither going to go down as all time greats. 7/10

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

Personally think Umbro's recent tenure here has been a poor do. Price increases & some questionable kit designs have turned me off in recent years.

Rovers new kit deal will allow for more freedom in other areas, such as the release of Retro shirts as we saw on social media recently with the club asking for fan opinions. The college at Ewood have also been given freedom to design and colour their gear in whatever they fancy, unlike before under Umrbo. 

Club is also in discussions with smaller manufacturers of football merchandise like Six Yards Out (https://sixyardsout.com/) too which I think is healthy. This is only something that's achievable if the clubs main manufacturer is a bit more lenient on separate agreements between Rovers and other companies.

To be honest even if Macron are inferior quality to Umbro (I'm not sure they are) it would just be nice to have a kit supplier who can provide a good range of stuff at an affordable price and not run out of stock every year.

I used to make a habit of buying a t-shirt, tracksuit top and coat from the shop every year.

The way it has ended up under Umbro that just cannot be justified any more. The designs are very similar each year, the pricing has just got ridiculous and the range of products abysmal.

If we were to get ourselves a similar range to what Forest have, and charge similar prices, then there's all sorts - hoodies, tops, polo shirts, t shirts - and they are all at what i would describe as a reasonable price - £20-30. Not £50 like Umbro charge for tracksuit bottoms.

This merchandise is out of date after less than a year, so I'm not too bothered about it being something that lasts forever. I'd be willing to sacrifice on quality if the range and price was good.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously something needs to change merchandise wise as the club shop range really is pathetic.

Have you seen the Leeds Merchandise? It's actually incredible whilst everything we sell is pretty cheap, tacky something no one would ever wear. (No offence if anyone actually bought any merch) 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have you seen the Leeds Merchandise? It's actually incredible whilst everything we sell is pretty cheap, tacky something no one would ever wear. (No offence if anyone actually bought any merch) 

Slightly different captive audience.  Leeds is the largest district in the country and has just one club.  Accy puts us to shame, now that is a scandal.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

Do Umbro actually provide all the other merchandise in the club shop? If so, then the sizing issue can't be any worse under any other supplier.

I bought my dad a polo shirt for Christmas, he's in his 70s & not too bothered about the style. He just likes something quite plain with the club badge on - he's in luck there!. Fortunately, I went to the club shop whilst they were still open prior to the 2nd lockdown. I picked up 3 polos to choose from, all supposedly the same size, and there must've been at least 2 inches difference in the width & 3 inches in the length from the "smallest" to the "largest". The lady in the shop found it quite amusing (not her fault obviously) when she asked if I was ok & I pointed it out. I must've looked like a right nutter holding all three shirts together comparing the sizes.

I'll be honest, I didn't pay too much attention to what the inner label said and there was no Umbro logo on the front, so I don't know who they get them from. If it is Umbro, then it's shocking. Even Primark are more consistent!

13 minutes ago, Gareth Devlin said:

Hopefully I wake up soon and realise that this all has been a nightmare and we actually have Addias as our kit supplier.

You do realise they aren't the actual kits? Macron have improved a lot in recent years and they actually put thought into their designs.

If you want no thought process into design, plain backed shirts, and the exact same away kit design as every other Adidas sponsored team in the country that isn't Man Utd or Arsenal, then Adidas are definitely the way to go.