BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City Home

1 hour ago, TonyM said:

Given the state of the pitch on Saturday and the appalling weather forecast, I think I'll delay paying my £10 to iFollow until this evening ......

Ya, fact. Around 7pm. If the rain in Lancashire is as bad as it has been here and with the state of the pitch the last day, I would say the groundsaff will be earning their wages to get it playable. 

• Backroom

I live in Cherry tree and my garden is officially better than the Ewood pitch it seems.

Very early for the game to be off, I’d be disappointed if we were Chorley never mind Rovers 

Ps Time to go still Tony 

• Like 4

Whilst i think we can rightly complain about the state of the pitch I think the game would have been off anyway - it's been raining steadily all night and is not scheduled to stop until tomorrow night. If we had a bowling green for a pitch playing on it tonight would have ruined it.

My mate was saying the grass looks thatched.  A sign of it not being taken care of properly.  My manager at work also said that someone showed images of Accy’s pitch today next to ours and theirs is in much better nick.

Am I right in remembering we sacked our top groundsman who’d been with us for years sometime during the Kean era and he was made to sign NDAs, and the pitch has been on the decline ever since?

A home game being called off for waterlogged pitch.  Crikey.  I can’t remember the last time it happened.  Amateurish really. 

• Like 6

As with most things with this club over the past decade or so, if you didn't laugh you'd cry. Mind you, given it's state on Saturday anything more than a thimble of water falling was always going to jeopardise tonight.

The thing is though, there seems to be almost a malaise about it. We should have treated the very apparent worsening condition with all the haste we'd have treated a structural deficiency or broken utility. Instead we've let it get to the point where it genuinely resembles a farmer's field and rendered it unusable. We've still got a good two months of patchy weather yet too. Shambolic negligence.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Got no problem with this game being called off. Its not like we have a fully fit squad and are in form. 

If I could have got odds on this match being postponed, I would have put everything I have on it!

How convenient for Rovers!

Think Warnock will be furious as they play tomorrow.

Rovers now a great bet to go and win at M'boro on Sunday.

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, fact. Around 7pm. If the rain in Lancashire is as bad as it has been here and with the state of the pitch the last day, I would say the groundsaff will be earning their wages to get it playable. 

They have not done so well previous

Edited by USABlue

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I could have got odds on this match being postponed, I would have put everything I have on it!

How convenient for Rovers!

Think Warnock will be furious as they play tomorrow.

Rovers now a great bet to go and win at M'boro on Sunday.

Single digit win?  I disagree, we'll lose.

I think it is harsh to criticise the club simply for the game being called off  - I bet it won't be the last fixture to be affected today - but it is reasonable to criticise them for the general state of the pitch, which is poor.

There's nothing embarrassing about a game being called off in shit weather, and calling it off early is the right thing to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I think it is harsh to criticise the club simply for the game being called off  - I bet it won't be the last fixture to be affected today - but it is reasonable to criticise them for the general state of the pitch, which is poor.

There's nothing embarrassing about a game being called off in shit weather, and calling it off early is the right thing to do. 

As it stands, Blackpool, Crewe and Morecombe games are still on if looking purely at northern teams.....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It's a new low in recent times.

• Like 1