BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

24th January 2021 Middlesbrough Away 15:00

• Backroom

We have some interesting decisions to make in midfield at the moment, Trybull seems the most likely option.

For me Travis is nowhere near fit and Buckley was way out of his depth today.

Davenport looks a lovely player but worry about his track record with injuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

What? 
We were shocking until the goal, set up was terrible and the Buckley sub was so bad he subbed him again. 

I’ll give you that the 3 subs of Dack, Gallagher and Brereton were good though. Looked more in control then - though could have been as Boro lost it after conceding. 

Don't bite!!! It's easier to find Lord Lucan than MP after a defeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The ref is going to give every fifty-fifty against us from here on in to balance that one.

Look out for a soft pen.

How right you were.  Some soft ones given for boro and muggings overlooked.  I don't think it was a pen.  Foot was high nent his head down, was one of ours in there too, gladnhe didn't catch him.  What a win I expected a battering which on the balance of play and chances we got.  Smash and grab for us for a change.  Held on very well after the goal and probably edged it.  Nice couple of Dack moments which will help his confidence that one pass was Buckleyesque.  Elliot needs to put his hair do back, for the longest time I thought he was Dolan, even accused the commentator of being a dumbass for not knowing who was who.  Fantastic 3 points.  Young Bucko, well if there is anyone interested in stumping up millions for him,.snatch their hand off and try not to be seen sniggering before the papers are signed.  He's not good enough.  Loved the way Mowbray rewards the goalscorer and player who made it.  Yank em.  That'll teach em.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

"Klopp is a big fan of how Rovers play"...... commentator

Knocked my bottle of red over when I heard that and I'm not joking!

Had to pour a bottle of white over carpet to prevent staining - fortunately has worked!

Totally unconvincing.

Mowbray got lucky we didn't concede penalty and go down to 10 men - don't want Mowbray to moan about decisions ever again.

Branthwaite raw - is he really better than Carter or Magloire?

Douglas - IMO, robbing a living.

Davenport - don't think he has it or ever will.

Travis - don't think lad's fit.  Not the same player.

Buckley - FFS, a £10million PL player!?!?  Think this lad will be lucky to be ANYWHERE in the FL soon.

Armstrong - needs to get back to basics - think it's gone to his head.

We got lucky today, again!

Awful, awful match.

If this is progressive and entertaining football @chaddyrovers then forget it.  Think there'll be plenty of space at Ewood when fans are allowed back in.

Mowbray out, out, out.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I quite liked the 442 or 4411 after the subs. Dack was more influential as were Gally abd Breo 👍🏼

I think it's time to drop the 4-3-3 idea and switch to a style that better suits the likes of Dack. We haven't played well using 4-3-3 for months now, it worked at the very start of the season but has been steadily declining in effectiveness since then. 

• Like 2

So poor from Warnock ,yes it was a bad incident and no doubt the in experienced 18 year old Braithwaite did not intend it

To single him out and have a go at him is outrageous from a man in his seventies ,but then again it shows how nasty he can be,to be honest though i am just as disapointed with Mowbray as it was obvious what Warnock was going to do Mowbray should have seen it coming and made sure he was very close to Braithwaite as he came off..It was a penalty all day long but for Warnock to pick on a 18 year old (when it should be the ref as he gives the decisions) as really annoyed me ,out of order from him and he should apoligise to him as i am sure Braithwaite will be one of the first to ask about the players injury..

Edited by den9112
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The Branthwaite challenge has changed the game but not just because it should have been a pen and a red card, but also because this young lad Wood they've brought on to replace Fry is absolutely miles out of his depth.  

Yeah ok then, nowt to do with great saves and boro missing chances plus some resolute defending.  Let's hang it all on that high boot, happens all the time one way or another something is missed or given.that MIGHT have changed a games outcome.  We did not deserve to win really but to hang everything on what did not happenseems like trying too hard to put us down.

12 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Out of order that from Warnock. Yes it was a bad challenge and a red card but I genuinely don't think that there was any malice in it from Branthwaite, unlike Morsy who brought Travis down from behind with absolutely zero intention of playing the ball.

I'm repeating myself a bit, but I hate Sam Morsy.  Probably the only player in the Championship that just makes me snarl when I see his name.

There are "professionals" and "masters of the dark arts," but Morsy is just a nasty git.

• Backroom
Just now, den9112 said:

So poor from Warnock ,yes it was a bad incident and no doubt the in experienced 18 year old Braithwaite did not intend it

To single him out and have a go at him is outrageous from a man in his seventies ,but then again it shows how nasty he can be,to be honest though i am just as disapointed with Mowbray as it was obvious what Warnock was going to do Mowbray should have seen it coming and made sure he was very close to Braithwaite as he came off..It was a penalty all day long but for Warnock to pick on a 18 year old (when it should be the ref as he gives the decisions) as really annoyed me ,out of oreder from him and he should apoligise to him as i am sure Braithwaite will be one of the first to ask about the players injury..

I'm sure none of his players have ever committed a dangerous foul. He should be angrier at his own players for being unable to score against a dire Rovers team for 70 minutes and then totally withdrawing into their shells for the last 26 minutes.  

• Like 1

Good result but hardly convincing. Arguably the biggest positive other than the win was Dack’s cameo. Really made a difference. 

Douglas still doesn’t appear to be a significant upgrade on Bell. Got beaten too often. Buckley isn’t cutting it and Travis is still yet to fully fire.

Impressed with Brereton and Gallagher. Useful to call upon two very different types of players to replace Rothwell and Elliott. 

Horrible first half. What a difference a goal makes. I was worried with the subs straight after a goal. Bold move taking Elliott assist and Rothwell off just after he scored.
Turned out just what we needed. Gallagher and Brereton ran their arses off and didn’t let them settle. Dack is Dack. 

Anything that pisses Warnock off warms the cockles of the heart on a freezing day in Pennsylvania. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

We still play most of the time like a team with no real identity or direction. I'm like a broken record at this point but get a good manager in and this team could go places. Under Mowbray this WDL overall season pattern won't change. Too much reliance on individual skill digging us out of holes, not enough team coherence. 

I think Mowbray tried to correct that by committing to 433 at the start of the season but after a good first half dozen games or so it's really struggled as we arent really good enough to dominate decent teams in the way the system needs.  So now I think weve gone back to being a bit reactive and muddling through game by game like last season.

What we really should have done at the start of the season is had a couple of different tactical setups we were happy with so we have a ready made plan b.

Anyway Mowbray has pulled out a win when he needs to. He's so good at that... Just wish he could do it to get us into the top six, not just take the pressure off his job.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think it's time to drop the 4-3-3 idea and switch to a style that better suits the likes of Dack. We haven't played well using 4-3-3 for months now, it worked at the very start of the season but has been steadily declining in effectiveness since then. 

100%. The 433 was useless but the last half an hour with Dack behind/around Armstrong with two out wide and two solid midfielders sat in front of the defence was much better.

Lets just hope we set up the way we ended next game.

Anyway, great 3 points and good to win 1-0 away.

A very disjointed game not at all helped by silly fouls and injuries. But grinding out a 1-0 win is what we have needed especially on the road, I might have forgotten one but the last one I can remember was at Hull in August 2019. I know a lot of Tony disciples won't like how we won today as it is all about style to them but if we are going to make the playoffs then we are going to need to grind out a fair few more wins like that on the road. Give me a win like that today over sticking 4 into a 10 man Coventry or 3 into 10 man Preston any day.

Kaminski was excellent, the save low down from Tavernier was very good. I thought the save from the header at the corner was as good as he has made all season, fantastic reactions and fortunately then it went to the young lad Wood. Lenihan was immense today and I thought that it was by far his best performance of the season and if we have any outside hopes of top 6 then he is going to have to play like that for the next 4 months. Man of the match for me thought was Nyambe, imperious defensively and using his strength to start the move for the goal. Douglas terrible again, skinned to easy and gave away far too many stupid freekicks.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Knocked my bottle of red over when I heard that and I'm not joking!

Had to pour a bottle of white over carpet to prevent staining - fortunately has worked!

Totally unconvincing.

Mowbray got lucky we didn't concede penalty and go down to 10 men - don't want Mowbray to moan about decisions ever again.

Branthwaite raw - is he really better than Carter or Magloire?

Douglas - IMO, robbing a living.

Davenport - don't think he has it or ever will.

Travis - don't think lad's fit.  Not the same player.

Buckley - FFS, a £10million PL player!?!?  Think this lad will be lucky to be ANYWHERE in the FL soon.

Armstrong - needs to get back to basics - think it's gone to his head.

We got lucky today, again!

Awful, awful match.

If this is progressive and entertaining football @chaddyrovers then forget it.  Think there'll be plenty of space at Ewood when fans are allowed back in.

Mowbray out, out, out.

Not sure how progressive is intended to be used in this context.  Progressive how?  On what point(s) are we arguing progrssion?  As a football match two teams with different styles I thought it was entertaining enough.  Good tempo fair amount of chances and some drama was reasonable enough to me I enjoyed it.

Mowbray out.

Edited by USABlue