BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

24th January 2021 Middlesbrough Away 15:00

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

No way Jerrod meant to hurt Fry. Ref either didn't see it or bottled it. Yes it was an important moment, I thought pen, yellow. Still long way to go in the game. Warnock is out of order.

Ya a penalty and yellow card would have been fair. The loss of Fry was the biggest blow for them 

It looks bad in the replays 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO Armstrong will never, ever reach the heights of Vardy.

He has nowhere near the football intelligence Vardy has nor the overall game.

Chalk and cheese.

And yet a brilliant pass that led to the goal. Hopefully he will learn to mix it up a little rather than shooting all the time.

29 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Did not Warnock call Diouf (the spitting one) a RAT when he was playing for us, only to sign him not long after.

Warnock can fuck off.  Never a red.  It’s a PK and a yellow.  The lad was playing the ball and the attacker lowered his head.  Reckless sure, but never violent conduct, and didn’t prevent an obvious goal scoring opportunity. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree every player in the Championship need to be physically competitive and he doesn't have it. Either he bulks up like Breo did last season or he's going to need to look down the leagues for his career.

For those oldies on here he reminds me of David Helliwell (Spider). He was technically good but too lightweight. Had a decent career at Workington who in those days were in Division 4 (League 2)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, Dack was class. Knows how to win. Calmed things down. 

The incident in today's game is all over sky, with Warnock ranting on. He has a point, but wasn't intentional. A lot for a young player to be dealing with 

Clearly a PK, never violent conduct or even serious foul play. It’s a reckless challenge.  Should have been cautioned but Warnock is having a laugh if he thinks it should have been a red 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

No way Jerrod meant to hurt Fry. Ref either didn't see it or bottled it. Yes it was an important moment, I thought pen, yellow. Still long way to go in the game. Warnock is out of order.

No way it was only a yellow but it wasn't deliberate so there's no real need for Warnock to be going on at Branthwaite.

However I think Mowbray and all of us would be similarly upset if the same injury had happened to one of our players as a result of such a reckless bit of play, the incident had gone completely unpunished, and the result had ultimately gone against us.

So I can understand Warnock's frustration to a degree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Warnock can fuck off.  Never a red.  It’s a PK and a yellow.  The lad was playing the ball and the attacker lowered his head.  Reckless sure, but never violent conduct, and didn’t prevent an obvious goal scoring opportunity. 

It's a red if you recklessly endanger the safety of an opponent. Intent doesn't come into it nor does it have to prevent a goalscoring opportunity.

1 minute ago, Stonesrick said:

For those oldies on here he reminds me of David Helliwell (Spider). He was technically good but too lightweight. Had a decent career at Workington who in those days were in Division 4 (League 2)

IMO, 'spider' was a much more gifted footballer.

I've watched football for decades and rarely has a player underwhelmed me so much as Buckley - just wtf does the lad offer!?

Sadly, I think David Helliwell died in his early fifties.  By all accounts, he was a very decent lad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No way it was only a yellow but it wasn't deliberate so there's no real need for Warnock to be going on at Branthwaite.

However I think Mowbray and all of us would be similarly upset if the same injury had happened to one of our players as a result of such a reckless bit of play, the incident had gone completely unpunished, and the result had ultimately gone against us.

In order to be a red it would have to be violent conduct, deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity or be considered a serious foul play(uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play). The high boot doesn’t warrant any of those. 

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't disagree, yes I'd have been pissed off the other way round. The ref got it wrong. Would you not see the justice in a yellow/pen? Keeps 11 v 11 early on. Opinions, eh?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's a red if you recklessly endanger the safety of an opponent. Intent doesn't come into it nor does it have to prevent a goalscoring opportunity.

So every high boot should be a sending off then?  It was reckless but not use of excessive force or brutality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

In order to be a red it would have to be violent conduct, deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity or be considered a serious foul play(uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play). The high boot doesn’t warrant any of those. 

Rubbish.

It is serious foul play. He's kicked him in the face at head height causing the other lad a nasty injury.

Maybe not intentional but recklessly endangering the safety of an opponent at best.

• Like 1

IMO, Branthwaite should have gone with a penalty awarded.  Full stop.

Would have been a free kick and, most likely, a red card anywhere else on the pitch.

Inexperienced or not, you simply can't challenge for the ball with your foot six feet in the air.  It was both reckless and dangerous and Fry could easily have had his eye taken out.  If that happened against us, there would have been uproar on here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, den said:

Apart from that penalty appeal, there were another 89 mins of football for Boro to score goals and they didn’t. They weren’t good enough.

The talk of the penalty is just diverting away from that.

True but that incident changed the course of the match.

Down to 10 men and one down from the penalty spot, we would have been on course for a hiding just as Rovers handed out to other teams (when down to 10 men) earlier this season.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, Branthwaite should have gone with a penalty awarded.  Full stop.

Would have been a free kick and, most likely, a red card anywhere else on the pitch.

Inexperienced or not, you simply can't challenge for the ball with your foot six feet in the air.  It was both reckless and dangerous and Fry could easily have had his eye taken out.  If that happened against us, there would have been uproar on here.

I thought the criticism of us was that we were too nice.